Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old September 28th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #81
demstrawberries

Name: Derp
Default Re: Embarrassing OCD Habits

Internet tabs. I have having so much or I feel claustrophobic in an odd way.

Also, whenever someone hits me on the shoulder or something, I have to hit myself on my other shoulder or else I'll start being aggressive and impatient, just 'cause I don't like having one side being different from the other in that sense.

Another thing is whenever I burp, I have to say 'Scuse' which is a French slang word for "Pardon Me". But the thing is, I say that even when I'm alone. Same for farting, but saying that is very awkward, haha.

People have made fun of me for that, but it doesn't really bother me, so this isn't really an agressive OCD, mostly just something I have to do ... or something.

Sup.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 02:24 PM   #82
IVIodern

Name: Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demstrawberries View Post
Internet tabs. I have having so much or I feel claustrophobic in an odd way.
Oh god...... http://speedcap.net/sharing/442/afc1...58173cfad8.png
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:06 AM   #83
Cicero
Banned

Cicero's Forum Picture

Name: Marcus Tullius Cicero

Those arent that embarrasing. Mine are probably more embarrasing then yours, but its hard to explain.

Basically with OCD, if you give into that copmulsion, the OCD is getting stronger. If you dont give into it, it gets weaker, over a long period of time. Sometimes Ill spend 20 mins on a little weird OCD obsession.
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #84
xXJust Jump ItXx
Awesome Poster

Someone bad repped me for the post above, let me say... Not appreciated and your English is horrid! I am not making it a joke, I do have OCD. I have extremly bad anxiety too and oh yeah I have a tumor. I make jokes about tumors, because I can and I have one.
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #85
Matt_2012
Member+

Matt_2012's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Ahh yes, embarresing ocd habits.. i got alot of them. Sometimes i have to hold my breath for most things, gets to the point where I've fainted in the past.

Got a tonne more but too embarrassing haha.

Last edited by Matt_2012; November 26th, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #86
Joshh97

Trichotillomania, something I can't stop, I guess it's to do with OCD in a way.

Old November 15th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #87
azure moonstone
glowing

azure moonstone's Forum Picture

Name: Allison

Every pair of shoes that I own is in order, from newest to oldest. It doesn't matter the size or style or purpose - always newest to oldest.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #88
survivor
Member+

survivor's Forum Picture

Name: Jess

I flush toilets with my foot and open doors with my elbows. I have to do things an even amount of times and I hate the left; I sleep on the right side of the bed, when i'm a passenger I sit on the right side of the car, I'm left side dominant yet I learned to write with my right hand, etc.
Old November 26th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #89
CalebAustin

Name: Caleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaski View Post
I hold my breath for about 5 seconds after someone coughs or sneezes. Also, say someone accidentally coughed on my sleeve. I rub purel on my hands and rub it into my sleeve.

I do the same as hold my breath for a couple seconds lol
Old December 20th, 2012, 03:08 AM   #90
Zombiepal

Zombiepal's Forum Picture

Name: Noah

hm.. Yes. Whenever I play a video game with a friend it has to be my way. For instance; if I were to be playing a game of minecraft the house would have to be perfectly symmetrical on each side. If its not symmetrical I will flip out. Also if I see an object by another object that looks similar I will try to make them symmetrical. Symmetry for the win! Also, I wanted to say thy I am happy I'm not the only person on these forums that watches My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. Hopefully there are no flaws in this, I am tired and on my phone.
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:04 AM   #91
dan8854

Name: Dan

everything needs to be symmetric or in a pattern. like posters on my wall.

The name is Dan and i'm 15. New to VT and new to being gay.

Love making new friends. Say hi - don't be scared
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #92
David'sGirl

Name: Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalditoDia View Post
when i put any disc in like a console i have to move it around til i see that its secure and i do it once more before i close it.
Oh my gosh I always move the disks around to make sure they're secure too, cause 'if it's not in there right it'll get messed up'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaski View Post
I hold my breath for about 5 seconds after someone coughs or sneezes.
I do stuff like that, even hold my breath for a second when I pass by people in the store if they're close and it's flu season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowm8n View Post
If I buy a video game or a DVD, I have to check the disc for scratches. Then when I've put it back in the case, I get really paranoid that I've just scratched it and take it out again.
If I hit a DVD on the case while tring to put it in I often check for scratches too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptical Bear View Post

-My video games have to be organized alphabetically.

-My clothes have to be organized in my specific way or it'll bother me a lot. From left to right: Coats, down to vest coats, then hoodies, hoodless sweaters, then normal sweaters, long sleeve button down shirts, short sleeve button down shirts, then graphic tee's, and school gym uniforms ALWAYS last to right. But in each of these sections, light colors go first and then dark colors go last. And if there is a brand that repeats, they go together depending on what kind of clothing they both are.
I organize my closet either by color or type of clothes sometimes, and I put my dvds in alphebetical order...I don't always do these things though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illicitus View Post
I touch my thumb to the tiips of all my fingers when I'm nervous
I touch my thumbnail to my pointer finger, then touch all the other fingernails to my thumb and then like go backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
-I wash my hands constantly. When I was younger I did it til my hands were red raw. Now it isn't as bad.
-I like to make sure plates and cutlery are clean and dry before eating on/with them, even multiple times incase the germs are there.
I wash my hands alot. Say I'm making a sandwich. I would wash my hands to eat, get a plate, get the bread out of the bag, put it on the plate, wash my hands (even if I touched the bread after touching the bag anyway), grab the peanut butter and jelly, put them on the bread, wash my hands, then go eat. Although sometimes touching boxes and stuff doesn't bug me, sometimes it does. And I check like silverware before I use it.

And also, with the handwashing, in the winter my hands get dry and sometimes crack/bleed. Often I do 'the works', which involves washing my hands well, and rubbing my fingernails on the opposite palm, and depending on why I'm washing my hands, I wash up my arm/s a bit, and when I rinse, sometimes I buth rub my nails on the opposite palm again AND then manipulate them under the faucet to rinse under them. I take a lot longer than most perople washing my hands. I also recall episodes from when I was younger, one I just kept washing and washing my hands (think I had a certain number I had to do) and started crying, and one time I was pleased with myself for now washing my hands after my FOOT touched something.

Also I remember, other OCD episodes, one time I had this really bad OCD thing, I remember I was riding my bike and couldn't enjoy it cause I never finished whatever things I was needing to do mentally, and then I was in my room and I was upset or something. Terrible feeling. Also, I apparently had some sort of count on my fingers thing I think was probably OCD related. Oh, and saying stuff alot/a certain number of times. We have one home video where it was Christmas time and I was five, and I repeatedly said two phrases 'dumb babies' (from Rugrats that we always watched as a kid) and 'Ho-ho-ho'. That video embarrases me.

I have emetophobia too so that makes me very germ aware. Like Monk I don't really like shaking hands, and I don't like to eat and touch my computer with the same hand; if I eat at the computer I usually keep my right hand for typing since I'm right-handed and eat with my left hand.

Probably a few more I'm forgetting.

Last edited by David'sGirl; January 13th, 2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: add more to it instead of quoting one only one of many
Old March 11th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #93
rocketsheep

sometimes ill shut a door lke 18 times
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #94
MrMundane

MrMundane's Forum Picture

I can't touch doorknobs in public bathrooms

Klaatu... verata.. nik(cough...cough)

Last edited by MrMundane; March 14th, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #95
Hunter_Steel
Member+

Hunter_Steel's Forum Picture

Name: Erich Julius

I straighten pictures, and make everything I have adjacent to my computer, and my computer has to be adjacent at a 90 degree angle to the wall or else I get a slight bit uncomfortable.

I have a habit of being a Grammar Nazi at points. N sometimes I can get fairly miffed if someone sent me a text with tonnes of spelling mistakes.

when I am in games, my ingame aliases have to be in a specific way depending on the type of character: If I am piloting a super dreadnought for the Corsair Empire, the ship is immediately tagged with CAS~ which stands for Corsair Assault Ship. The way I make my passwords too has to be in a specific manner, everything I do is carefully thought out.

Even when I argue, I do the entire argument in my head before starting an argument. I get angry if someone moves something of mine out of its place. All bottles have to have their labels pointing outwards.

But yeah, not sure if that qualifies as an OCD, but that's mine.

~Hunter

I'm 17, Bi, Reformed Christian, mostly open minded and a friendly guy.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/9706/222uc.jpg
I am the Iron Wall. A man who's made of indestructible steel. Protecting those who I love from all danger, and preventing the advances of evil. I am the Iron Wall. An indestructible wall protecting the forces of good and stopping the forces of evil.
Old March 27th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #96
DoodleSnap
Great Poster

DoodleSnap's Forum Picture

Name: Calum

Batteries must have plus symbol facing up.

Old March 29th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #97
Captain Wolf

Hygiene freak lol

Last edited by Captain Wolf; March 29th, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:48 PM   #98
NTTHRASH

Name: Nick

TV volume has to be a non-prime number, I will sanitize others' hands if they haven't washed in 45 minutes, everything that is typed must be formatted, grammatically correct, and spelled properly, and many others as well.
Old April 10th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #99
MediaJordan

MediaJordan's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

I'm the one who has to have everything in place in my bedroom, if something is messy or out of line it annoys me!! horrible controlling thoughts erghh

Just an average teenager...
Old June 7th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #100
Interstellar

Interstellar's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

The TV volume has to be an even number and whenever I sit in a chair it has to be from the left side
Closed Thread