Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old June 25th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #61
Skeptical Bear
Banned

Name: Eddy
Default Re: Embarrassing OCD Habits

-Volume on anything has to be in 5's.

-My video games have to be organized alphabetically.

-My clothes have to be organized in my specific way or it'll bother me a lot. From left to right: Coats, down to vest coats, then hoodies, hoodless sweaters, then normal sweaters, long sleeve button down shirts, short sleeve button down shirts, then graphic tee's, and school gym uniforms ALWAYS last to right. But in each of these sections, light colors go first and then dark colors go last. And if there is a brand that repeats, they go together depending on what kind of clothing they both are.

-In any room I sleep in, I make sure all doors and windows are closed. Door that leads to the room, closets, curtains cover the window.

-I need to sleep with some type of noise. A fan. Radio on. Something. This might sound crazy, but if someone comes into my room, I won't hear the door creak. Which scares the living crap out of me. And if it's someone who's going to kill me, it won't be silent. Which will scare me even more as well. Silence scares me at night.

-I try my best that if I enter someone into my contact list in my phone or anything else, I need to put their last name and first. Where they live. If I know. And other information. The area code must be in parenthesis. So the phone number would be like this... (347) 757-4706. As well as categorize each contact as to who they are for me. Ex: Friend, Partner, best friend, etc....

-I used to have one where I had to moisturize my feet every time I woke up. And before I went to sleep.

-I hate getting my feet dirty at home. Wear flip flops or socks at all times at home. If outside, I hate getting my feet wet or dirty in any way. Unless it's raining and I get completely wet or I'm at the park and the big fountain/sprinkler's on. Feet can't be dirty/wet alone.

-I need to wear socks with shoes no matter what. It bothers me if I don't.

-If I buy any type of video game, I store the receipt inside the box with all of them.

-This one's a bit weird I think. Every time I go to the bathroom, I need to wash the head of my penis. I have a foreskin so I'm scared I could get an infection if I don't wash it well. So I do it every visit to the bathroom. Anywhere. Unless it's a public bathroom.

-Flush the toilet if it seems like it hasn't been flushed.

-In my Ipod; I must organize every song. Meaning all of them must be spelled right, have good grammar/punctuation(If I think it needs it), everything goes in its sections(Arist: ..... Song: .....), find out information about the song to fill out on the Ipod(Album name, etc), before I finish using my Ipod, I must put the song back to the beginning. Not the middle. Not the end. Beginning. And it has to be set on the home screen.

-I sleep with sheets on all the time. No matter how hot it is.

That's all I could think of for now. I sound fucking crazy.

Last edited by Skeptical Bear; June 25th, 2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old June 25th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #62
wild1
Member++

wild1's Forum Picture

Name: Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
Well...

-Objects that end in points cannot face me.
-I have particular specifications for adjusting volumes, and brightness. (Ex. By 2's, 5's, 10's, etc.)
-I cannot step on cracks in the sidewalk.
-If I something on one side of my body is touched I must do the same to the other side or it will be uneven. (Even duplicating the number of times hit.)
-If I room has hand sanitizer I will use it once upon entering, and one when I leave.
-The spines of the books on my bookshelf have to be even.
-I adjust the size, and position of the windows I have open on my computer very specifically.
-I cannot stand many things covering the floor for long periods of time.

These are only the ones I can think of right now.
tim

Say Hi and make friends!!!

I am a willlllllld one
Tame me now
Running with wolves
And i'm on the prowl....

WILD1
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #63
Montesquieu15
Junior Member+

I have one where I have the urge to look into the four corners of a room. I bet its a treat for others to see, cuz in class, at random moments, I would suddenly sit straight, have an attentative look in my face and systematically glance at every corner of the room. A recent one I noticed is i make the sign of the cross before engaging with friends to ensure everything goes well. Or I don't do something embarrassing. Its weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebs View Post
Screw steryeotypes. And my spelling.
I'm gay, but whatever, doesn't matter.

Last edited by Montesquieu15; June 25th, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #64
HumbleBumble

Name: Thomas

Uhm.

- The spines of my books must be neatly and evenly lined up next to one another.
- When I'm about to take a dump I throw in a piece of toiletpaper first.
- I just discovered that when I'm about to pour sauce on my food, I'll pour three times, but on the third pour, I'll only pour a little bit, and then put the spoon back into the container.
- I get very uncomfortable when using the regular Minecraft texture pack, because it's so not symmetric, so I use the oCd pack instead lol
- Also if I see something being just half an inch out of place, I'll adjust it until I'm comfortable.
- Whenever I say or think something like "I won't ever crash a car" or "of course the aeroplane won't crash". I'll think to myself "7-9-13" and knock on something simultaneously to prevent it from actually happening.
————
Former habits:
- Whenever I went to bed, I'd think that I only had five seconds, from turning on the lights until being under the my bed sheet. Otherwise something bad would happen.
- I'd always make sure that NOONE would be able to look into my room from outside, meaning that I'd sometimes put something heavy on my curtain, to keep it in place.

My name is Thomas! I'm 16, and I live in Denmark.!
Sexual Preference: Straight!
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #65
Rayquaza
Sky High Pokmon

The volume must be on a number that is even or ends with 5.
If I scratch one side of my body, I must scratch the other side.
If I cough, I must cough a second time.
If I look somewhere, I need to look in the other direction.
When looking into the corner of my room, I decept my eyes into seeing the two different 3D shapes that can be formed.
When listening to music through earphones I need to breathe loudly to hear how well the earphones are working if they are cancelling out noise. This is done very time I wear earphones.

Last edited by Rayquaza; June 25th, 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #66
Mob Boss
Awesome Poster

Mob Boss's Forum Picture

Name: Bridge

I can't step on a crack...no matter what I do, I CANNOT step on a crack
I can't drink after anyone. I just can't and it hurts people's feelings when I won't take a drink of their drink.
After I wash my hands I don't like touching anything
I like things in alphabetical order
I touch my thumb to the tiips of all my fingers when I'm nervous
Old June 26th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #67
Unicornasaurus Rex

Name: Jack

When I am leaving for school in the morning I go around the house pressing the switches about 6 times making sure they are off and close all doors. I then sometimes forget and start again -.-
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #68
chica_imperfecta
Junior Member+

chica_imperfecta's Forum Picture

Name: Madeline

My money HAS to be in order in my wallet. 1's in the front and so on. If I have more than one of the same kind of bill, I organize them by the green letters/numbers in the corner. My friends hate when we go shopping and I have to put change back in my wallet. But I can't help it!!
Old June 26th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #69
Incompris
Great Poster

Incompris's Forum Picture

My money has to be in order, if I touch one of my fingers I have to touch each one also, I cant jeans and a T-shirt in the same drawer.
Old June 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #70
Sleepwalking

Sleepwalking's Forum Picture

Some of mine have already been mentioned, but I'll say them anyway.

-I wash my hands constantly. When I was younger I did it til my hands were red raw. Now it isn't as bad.
-I like to make sure plates and cutlery are clean and dry before eating on/with them, even multiple times incase the germs are there.
-I hate sitting near a window incase people see me. During the day I shut the blinds and sit away from them to make sure I'm "safe".
-I hate filth. I don't like touching other peoples plates or things they touch, but I do touch TV Remotes etc. It's weird.
-I bite my fingernails and the skin around them. I can't control it.
-I also "crack" my fingers against my palms.
-I can't look anybody in the eyes. Maybe its a confidence issue, but I feel bad if I do.
-I hate being touched.
-I hate being looked at by people.
-I hate being singled out in a crowd, or being the center of attention. It is too much pressure.
-Things have to be a certain way, as in position.
-Volume has to be at an even number, or at a multiple of five.
-Online and when writing, I need to use correct grammar or it bugs me til I'm annoyed. I do make mistakes of course, but not conscious ones.

This list was made so that the letter "I" was in a vertical line.
Yeah. That's how weird I am. Some of these are not really OCD related, but I thought I'd share them anyway.
Old July 1st, 2012, 11:40 AM   #71
STSA

STSA's Forum Picture

Name: Shaun

Before I go asleep, the digital clock has to go to "59" and then I shut out the light quick. If it goes onto the next minute, I have to wait or else I won't get a good nights sleep

I don't drink out of anyone's drink and they can't have a "slug" of mine, I think it's gross.

15,Bi,Sydney

AUSSIE RULES
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:00 PM   #72
CalicoCat

CalicoCat's Forum Picture

Name: Emily

Used to hate it when anyone (including my own self) touched my face during the day time and the only time I could touch my face was when I woke up in the morning and went to bed because I had to put moisturizer on it. I was terrified of blemishes and had really dry skin which gave me rashes sometimes and thought that if anyone's germs or germs on my hand from that day got on my face it would make it worse.

In grade 9 when I started learning how to type in my computer class, I got this thing where I would talk in real life and then I would type it in my head. I would see the computer screen in my head and it would be typing it out. That includes everything, even when I was just thinking to myself.

Hate it when things are surrounding me in the washroom, if lets say I'm using the toilet I can't have anything around me.. No garbage can.. No toilet paper within a certain distance of me or towels on the floor or magazines etc. or else I feel like I'm suffocating. I always hated going to the washroom. To add to that I always have to look behind me when I'm sitting on the toilet before I use it around 3 times because I'm scared that something is in the toilet and waiting for me when Im not looking.

The spirit is very fluid.. It never stays the same, it shapes and forms and even as it departs is given vessel it is overcome with obstacles and boundaries to push and pull its ever changing form.
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:28 AM   #73
CTToTTD

CTToTTD's Forum Picture

Name: Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
Well my tv volume has to be divisible by 5. And if I(this is hard to explain) if one part of my body is touched i have to touch the other part until i am comfortable and same with taking drinks, if the drink is in one side of my mouth too long I gotta do the other side as long.
That is mine exactly lol and car radio volume has to be divisable by five or and even number unless its a double like 33 or 11I

PM me or friend me at anytime. I also have a Skype and Facebook if you want to talk.

Josh/ Male/ Straight/ 15/ stuff :3
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #74
Stephan
Member++

Stephan's Forum Picture

Name: Stephan

Not too many idiosyncrasies..I guess nail biting for the most part.
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #75
HunterSteele
Nice Poster

HunterSteele's Forum Picture

I always wash my hands before touching my iPod or Xbox 360 controllers.
I won't move the lid of my laptop while it's booting up.
I need to raise the blinds of my windows all the way up.
When securing windows I lower the lock on the track first, then close the latch on the pillar.
I always coil hoses in a perfect circle or oval after I'm done using them. If a hose if being stubborn, I connect it to hot water to soften the rubber.
If I get a cut on my hand, arm or leg, I keep that arm or leg out of the water when having a shower until it heals completely. Once I got a huge scratch on my left leg under my knee. It healed, but left a scar. Because the scar was there I didn't feel like it healed, so for about a year ever time I had a shower I'd keep my leg out of the stream of water.
I always insert my laptop into the bag with the hinge down. Although this is more to keep the protrusion of the extended run battery from blocking the zipper than OCD. (here's a pic so you know what I mean)
My video games stay in the exact same order on the shelf as they were when I picked them up. I bought them used from a friend and he handed them to me in a stack in a shopping bag and I've kept them in that order ever since.
I won't leave my Black Ops game disk in my console overnight. Other games I'll leave in there if I know I'll play them tomorrow, but Black Ops goes back in its case.
When listening to my iPod I always put the earphone wire under my shirt.
If I'm partially through a song on my iPod or iTunes and I decide to pick a different song I touch or click respectively the end of the scrubber bar before I choose the next song so iTunes will increment the play count.
If I want to stick my feet out from under the covers when I'm sleeping I fold the corner of my sheets back carefully and stick my feet out.

There's another more complex one that I'll post later when I have more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khila View Post
I always have to look someone up and down 11 times before i will make eye contact if not i think they have a weapon
I think all of America does that before making eye contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjacks
I hoped that my parents would get me a better phone when i tried to soak my phone battery in water because i wanted to get one of those expensive phones. but no, that didn't work
Old August 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #76
rockburntm
Junior Member+

Oh my god all yours are nothing compared to mine. I have to switch off my computer, watch the led go off whilst touching my chair, turn anti clockwise 180 degrees, kick the right leg of the chair 3 times then the left leg 4 times. Unplug then place the plug facing vertically downwards moving it roughly 1.7 cm at a time, then turn on the radio, immediately turn the volume to 3 then 4 then 3 then 4, and repeat this 9 times. Then I do a similar thing oh my god there's SO MUCH MORE. I can't explain it all
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #77
Jackerlus

Jackerlus's Forum Picture

Name: Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
My skin-picking is probably the most embarrassing. I pick at pretty much anything really. Scabs, blemishes. And especially my fingers. They're not too bad, but they have some noticeable scarring around the cuticles. I just bite the skin around the nail unconsciously. That started around the time I got over my nail-biting, actually.
Hey, be careful about biting the skin around your nails, my uncle did that when he was younger. He got a bad infection in it and had to have it amputated!

[Straight/Male/16] I like tech stuff, gaming and I compete in athletics a lot as well. Finally finished GCSE exams!

I'm happy to talk to anyone; boy or girl, so chat me up! anyone around my age group (16).
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #78
Matt_2012
Member+

Matt_2012's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Just departing with things um afraid of losing thing. mainly stuff like that.
Old September 26th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #79
Gearfried

Gearfried's Forum Picture

Name: Mike

-I can't sit on the left side of the car as a passenger. When I drove the first time, I was sweating bullets because I was on the left side of the car.
-I freak out when my Mom is driving on curvy country roads and I panic that we will go off the road because I don't think she turns soon enough at curves in the road.
-My computer and anything I own has to be extremely customized to my liking.
-I change all of my passwords weekly to prevent people from finding them out by watching me type, etc.
-I smell my hand whenever I scratch my head or ear. I don't know why, but if I don't, I get very uncomfortable.
-I can't have more than 1 or 2 desktop icons or tabs open at a time. It makes me nervous.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
- Ambrose Bierce
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #80
xXJust Jump ItXx
Awesome Poster

More than 2 internet tabs and I freak out...
Closed Thread