Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 31st, 2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Emily_LOVES_MUSIC
Junior Member+

Emily_LOVES_MUSIC's Forum Picture

Name: Emily
Default I dont know...

ok so here is the thing, i think i might have OCD. i dont know for sure, but i think i might. now i knw i should go to a pro for this but both of my parents think im jst going crazy about somthing in my life thats annoying me. my dad does stuff on purpose just to annoy me like : chewing really loudly, purposly eating crunchy foods when im trying to sleep so i cant and get really mad (then he screams at me saying how ungrateful i am and blah blah blah),that crunching noise is like nails on a chalk board for me and evrytime anyone eats chrunchy foods i basicly have to leave the room id go insane, etc. my mom knows that when he does stuff like that, it annoys me but she doesnt seam to care. also i kinda have this obsession with making everyone happy. like if i get someone mad i mentaly (and sumtimes phisicaly) beat myself up about it.

i talked to my friends and they said that i have OCD, but i should talk to a guidence counsolor when school starts bc my parents think nothing of this, but lets face it, school counsolors dont do sh*t. and they could careless as long as they get paid (that how it is in my district anyway).

anyone have advice i can use to convince my mom to take me to a pro, and does anyone else think i have OCD, or is it just sumthing else

any advice is appreciated

sk8r chick here!!!!!! hellz ya!!! bet u didnt knw that hu?
this chick right here = your mind blown

lol (no cockyness intended)

Last edited by Emily_LOVES_MUSIC; July 31st, 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Emily_LOVES_MUSIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: I dont know...

We don't know you, we don't know if you have OCD.

The main reason you're going to want to see a professional is if you have trouble in school/work/relationships because of your symptoms, to get a diagnosis to be treated and/or medicated. I find the only way parents take it seriously is if they are shown it is a serious thing and not just control-freak behaviour. Usually with a diagnosis, with a professional sitting down and telling them so. It takes time for them to learn about it and decide how far they want to go to make you comfortable, and how much maintenance you require that they will accept. Otherwise you'll have to deal with it. There were some things that I had the right to complain about and could say that I couldn't deal with it, but some of them I just had to cope with because I wasn't the only one in the house. I was pretty safe telling people to chew their gum quieter and such, but other things just weren't going to happen because I lived in a house with four other people. Then there's a lot of things you'll have to do yourself if you want it to be your way, for instance, nowadays I'm the one who cleans and does most of the shopping. Sometimes it's easier to just do it yourself or have them leave it for you to do because then everyone is happy.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Skyhawk
Nice Poster

Skyhawk's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily_LOVES_MUSIC View Post
ok so here is the thing, i think i might have OCD. i dont know for sure, but i think i might. now i knw i should go to a pro for this...

...i talked to my friends and they said that i have OCD, but i should talk to a guidence counsolor when school starts bc my parents think nothing of this, but lets face it, school counsolors dont do sh*t. and they could careless as long as they get paid (that how it is in my district anyway)....
Yes, your guidance counselor can help, is supposed to help, if he/she wants to keep his/her job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
We don't know you, we don't know if you have OCD.
Try seeing a professional, that's the most we can do.

Hi! I typically don't check back on threads I've posted in.
If you're waiting for a reply from me, then shoot me a PM.
I'll respond shortly.

Skyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #4
Emily_LOVES_MUSIC
Junior Member+

Emily_LOVES_MUSIC's Forum Picture

Name: Emily

the guidence counslors in my district seriously could care less.when i was getting cyberbullied outside of school, my mom went an bitched at them and they basicly said its not our problem, evn tho the pollicy in the school is that they are always there for the students (and obviously they arent)

but i will definetly talk to a pro

sk8r chick here!!!!!! hellz ya!!! bet u didnt knw that hu?
this chick right here = your mind blown

lol (no cockyness intended)
Emily_LOVES_MUSIC is offline   Reply With Quote