Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old June 30th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #1
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

Name: Dee
Default I want to be anorexic.

Yes, I know. It's a terrible thing to say. Especially since so many people struggle with it and have become very sick and even died from it. But I don't think I can deny it any longer, so maybe talking about it will make me feel a bit better.

I want to be anorexic. I want to be bone-thin. I'm so tired of being fat. I'm tired of being told I'm ugly and huge. I'm 5'7'', 156lbs. I'm HUGE. I'm big-boned and gross. I want to see my ribs and my hip bones. I want to feel hungry. I don't want to eat because everytime I do I get fatter. I exercise but it doesn't help. I eat healthy but it doesn't help. I'm almost overweight on the BMI scale but I have so much fat on my stomach and gut and arms and legs that I look 30lbs overweight. And I probably am. I want to be almost under 100lbs. I want to be called "too thin". I want to be like every other girl and be skinny. Being skinny is prettier than being me. I hate my body. I hate being me.

Maybe if I'm anorexic I can get a boyfriend. Maybe guys will take interest in me if I'm not a fat gross ugly disgusting thing. If I'm skinny I'll be more attractive. I don't want to be "full figured". I want to be skinny. I want to see my bones! Guys don't like full figures anyway. They say they do, but 99.9% of guys really want a girl that's stick thin. I've learned that the hard way.

Last edited by Lethe; June 30th, 2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #2
Love.Hate
Carpe Diem

Name: Fran
Default Re: I want to be anorexic.

You don't have to go to the extreme of anorexia to love yourself, it's not going to make you happier, I think everyone has something in the back of their mind saying that you want to be thinner, be being underweight is not the way to go. If your that unhappy with yourself loose the weight healthly. Small portion sizes of healthy foods and more exercise, you might not see things happening quickly but overtime you will feel a happier and healthier person because of it. Don't wish that upon yourself.

Don't let anybody ever bring you down.
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:21 AM   #3
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

Well, dieting hasn't helped me in the six years I've been trying. I'm eating about 1000-1200 calories a day, and I'm exercising 30-60 minutes a day. I eat healthy foods and I'm trying to get at least 75% of my daily fruits and vegetables in too. Nothing just seems to work.

My body type makes me ugly with weight on me. I'd be much more attractive if I was bone-thin. Which is what I'm planning on going for. I need it. Without it I'm just ugly and disgusting.
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #4
Love.Hate
Carpe Diem

Name: Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
My body type makes me ugly with weight on me. I'd be much more attractive if I was bone-thin. Which is what I'm planning on going for. I need it. Without it I'm just ugly and disgusting.
Well all i can say is keep trying, if you work hard enough it will pay off.. maybe set up a work out routine to stick too? get an hour exercise each day.

Bone-thin isnt ideal either, your not ugly or discusting. Just unhappy. Can you not find that happy medium? So your not underweight and your still happy with yourself?

Don't let anybody ever bring you down.
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #5
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

I'm not sure if there's a happy medium for me. I'm big-boned and wide. If I have any weight on me I just look ugly. In addition to my facial structure and the fact I need glasses. I'm the typical fat girl with glasses and boring hair. I hate that. I despise it.

That's why I want to be stick-thin. I won't be as ugly if I don't have a crapton of fat on me.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #6
Triceratops
VT Lover

Quote:
Maybe if I'm anorexic I can get a boyfriend. Maybe guys will take interest in me if I'm not a fat gross ugly disgusting thing. If I'm skinny I'll be more attractive. I don't want to be "full figured". I want to be skinny. I want to see my bones! Guys don't like full figures anyway. They say they do, but 99.9% of guys really want a girl that's stick thin. I've learned that the hard way.
You can try and convince yourself that guys like stick thin girls, but the truth is they really, really hate it. Most people would look at a skeletal girl and think she looks disgusting, because let's face it, she looks like she has some fatal disease and is on the brink of death. Then again they also hate girls who resemble an elephant. It's just these two unhealthy extremes that are highly unattractive.

And guys don't like full figures? Lol! What planet are you living on? All the guys I know are such pervs over some crazy Nicki Minaj ass. Oh, and something you would find interesting: in one study period, a pretty big group of guys were all talking about how they'd rather bang a girl who was too fat instead of too skinny.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #7
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

Why are models stick-thin if people don't like stick-thin girls? Why are all of the women in the movies skinny?

Nicki Minaj isn't fat at all. She has curves but she's not fat like I am. You have to have a good body, and I just don't. My shape is just awful. I actually have never seen a person with the same sucky body shape as me. So being stick-thin would actually do me some good. Any fat on my just makes me a gigantic gross animal. And no guy wants that, that's for sure. That's why I'm single.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:27 AM   #8
Triceratops
VT Lover

Quote:
Why are models stick-thin if people don't like stick-thin girls? Why are all of the women in the movies skinny?

Nicki Minaj isn't fat at all. She has curves but she's not fat like I am. You have to have a good body, and I just don't. My shape is just awful. I actually have never seen a person with the same sucky body shape as me. So being stick-thin would actually do me some good. Any fat on my just makes me a gigantic gross animal. And no guy wants that, that's for sure. That's why I'm single.
Because models are supposed to have a certain "look" to them when they're modelling fashion designer's clothes. You never hear any guys talk about how good they look.

I know Nicki Minaj isn't fat, but she has a huge ass, and most guys dig that. Same with Kim Kardashian. Her ass is the size of my house but she's sexy as hell lmao. You're right though, guys don't like fat and flabby girls, but I've obviously never seen you so I can't really comment.

Besides, I'm talking about SHALLOW guys here that aren't worth mine or anybody else's time. I do not give two fucking shits what shallow guys think of a girl's face or body or whatever else. A decent guy will love you for who you are, but if all you care about is the exterior then you are one sucky and self-centered person. That's an even bigger turn off than being overweight is. There are overweight people who are absolutely beautiful. Especially one of my best friends, she has the most fucking awesome personality ever and she has never let me down, and she's also very pretty.

Just because you're single doesn't mean you're ugly or whatever. C'mon, are you 10 years old? I've been single for as long as I can remember and I'm fucking hot. Lol just kidding.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #9
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

I do have pictures on my profile, if you want to glimpse them. I wouldn't recommend it though...

I don't think any guy would date someone that looks like me, shallow or not. I haven't met anyone with my body type though. Still, I just have a terrible, terrible body shape and size. On top of that, I have an ugly face. Even the greatest man on the planet wouldn't love me, regardless of how amazing a person I am (which I'd like to think I am ).

People have told me I'm single because I'm ugly and overweight. That's why I said that, I wasn't taking a jab at single folks.
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #10
AlexxWins15

AlexxWins15's Forum Picture

Name: Alexx

Don't be anorexic, i tell you this from experience, i used to be but i stopped just in time before it become a permanent addiction. it's a horrible thing to do, your always getting dizzy easily, black outs, and your breathe is going to smell horrible. don't do it.
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #11
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

It might really be worth it if I'm thin though. I need to be skinny, even if it means being very sick...
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #12
Triceratops
VT Lover

Quote:
I do have pictures on my profile, if you want to glimpse them. I wouldn't recommend it though...

I don't think any guy would date someone that looks like me, shallow or not. I haven't met anyone with my body type though. Still, I just have a terrible, terrible body shape and size. On top of that, I have an ugly face. Even the greatest man on the planet wouldn't love me, regardless of how amazing a person I am (which I'd like to think I am ).

People have told me I'm single because I'm ugly and overweight. That's why I said that, I wasn't taking a jab at single folks.
You just have a terrible self-esteem and a poor body image. Even the most beautiful people see themselves as so hideous and that nobody else is as ugly as them. You've even admitted that you're an amazing person, are you seriously accusing ALL men of being so shallow and not seeing past the external surface? There's a lot of men that don't give a fuck about looks. Please wake up and realise that you're totally wrong about yourself and other guys around you. Ignorance is a very unattractive trait to have. Wisdom is something that'll give you a massive amount of respect from guys or girls.

EDIT: I've just looked through your pictures. There was me expecting some repulsive whale, but I got the opposite. Are you seriously fucking kidding me? You don't look overweight to me at all, you look a normal weight like everyone else. You hair, eyes and facial features are so pretty. I know people can't help seeing yourself in such a negative way, but you honestly are just imagining things my dear. I am honestly not lying, I think nearly everyone who knows me will know I am always honest and speak my mind.

This is such a gorgeous picture, if I looked like this I would be happy forever: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/al...ictureid=19115

And just so you know, anorexia DESTROYS your looks. It makes your skin horrible, your hair becomes dry, brittle and really thin and your teeth will look gross. You do not want to ruin that lovely face, hair and perfect smile of yours. (:

Last edited by Triceratops; June 30th, 2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #13
Iris
Awesome Poster

Iris's Forum Picture

I also just looked at your pictures on your profile and I can't believe you think you're ugly. I would KILL to look like you. You are the perfect weight, have a beautiful smile, awesome hair and you look really cute with glasses. You're gorgeous.
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #14
Scarlett93

Scarlett93's Forum Picture

Name: Scarlett

When I was reading your post all I could think about was me just last year. I've always wanted to be anorexic because up until last year I considered myself as fat. I am also 5'7 and last year my weight was 175 lbs (a lot more than you know). Honestly everything you wrote describes how I felt about myself. I've done so many diets in 17 years of life that it's ridiculous.
I know this is cheesy and you probably don't think it helps but the easiest way to lose weight is to feel good about yourself, if you have a good state of mind you will see it on your body. In addition, I saw your pictures on your profile, you are very pretty and honestly you do not look fat despite what you think in your head. The reason you do not have a boyfriend, is probably the same reason I have never had one. How can people like you if you don't like yourself. I've seen girls that are actually obese have boyfriends, why? because they felt good about themselves. The best way for you to feel good about yourself is to surround yourself with people that appreciate you and think you look good, if they think otherwise than why bother talking to them.
Now you'r probably thinking that I'm just talking the same bs that people have told you... trust me its not bs because I've experienced the whole thing first hand.
Today I feel so much better about myself and I lost a lot of weight. I now weight 126 lbs. Ok I didn't just do it with good thinking, I had the help of a diet that actually worked which I never would have thought could happen. I'm not sure if I am allowed to say the name on the forum, but w/e. At the beginning of last year I started nutrisystem (check it out online) its super easy and just after a 3 weeks I lost 15 lbs! it goes slower after but the first month and the entire program are super motivating!
If you want to feel a slight change with your appearance for now, try changing your hairstyle, your hair color or your style of clothes. If you do that it well help change your mind set and will encourage you to have better thoughts about yourself.
Trust me you do not want to become anorexic. Just look up pictures of anorexia and you will understand that it is not attractive at all. Personally I think that anorexia is just as unattractive as obesity. Furthermore if you become anorexic your life expectancy will drastically decrease, your teeth ad hair will fall, your organs will be damaged and you will lose all your friends (because it is a mental illness).
I really hope I helped, and if you need to talk so more you can message me.

looking for new friends
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #15
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceratops View Post
You just have a terrible self-esteem and a poor body image. Even the most beautiful people see themselves as so hideous and that nobody else is as ugly as them. You've even admitted that you're an amazing person, are you seriously accusing ALL men of being so shallow and not seeing past the external surface? There's a lot of men that don't give a fuck about looks. Please wake up and realise that you're totally wrong about yourself and other guys around you. Ignorance is a very unattractive trait to have. Wisdom is something that'll give you a massive amount of respect from guys or girls.

EDIT: I've just looked through your pictures. There was me expecting some repulsive whale, but I got the opposite. Are you seriously fucking kidding me? You don't look overweight to me at all, you look a normal weight like everyone else. You hair, eyes and facial features are so pretty. I know people can't help seeing yourself in such a negative way, but you honestly are just imagining things my dear. I am honestly not lying, I think nearly everyone who knows me will know I am always honest and speak my mind.

This is such a gorgeous picture, if I looked like this I would be happy forever: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/al...ictureid=19115

And just so you know, anorexia DESTROYS your looks. It makes your skin horrible, your hair becomes dry, brittle and really thin and your teeth will look gross. You do not want to ruin that lovely face, hair and perfect smile of yours. (:
You'd rather look like me than like you? You look like a model. Why would you ever want to look like something like me? That just doesn't make any sense.

I don't think all guys are like that, but most are. Most wouldn't, and won't, date me because of how I look. Looks do matter for first impressions...and I learned that the very hard way. No matter how hard I try to look good, it just doesn't work. I never make a good first impression in terms of appearance, and it always counts against me, with all guys.

I'm definitely not imagining my ugliness...looking at me right now, I look awful. I can barely look at myself, actually. If I looked like you, I'd be happy all of the time because I'd be pretty. But I have to work really hard to even look presentable. At some point I just have to ask; am I even worth it? Should I even try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett93 View Post
When I was reading your post all I could think about was me just last year. I've always wanted to be anorexic because up until last year I considered myself as fat. I am also 5'7 and last year my weight was 175 lbs (a lot more than you know). Honestly everything you wrote describes how I felt about myself. I've done so many diets in 17 years of life that it's ridiculous.
I know this is cheesy and you probably don't think it helps but the easiest way to lose weight is to feel good about yourself, if you have a good state of mind you will see it on your body. In addition, I saw your pictures on your profile, you are very pretty and honestly you do not look fat despite what you think in your head. The reason you do not have a boyfriend, is probably the same reason I have never had one. How can people like you if you don't like yourself. I've seen girls that are actually obese have boyfriends, why? because they felt good about themselves. The best way for you to feel good about yourself is to surround yourself with people that appreciate you and think you look good, if they think otherwise than why bother talking to them.
Now you'r probably thinking that I'm just talking the same bs that people have told you... trust me its not bs because I've experienced the whole thing first hand.
Today I feel so much better about myself and I lost a lot of weight. I now weight 126 lbs. Ok I didn't just do it with good thinking, I had the help of a diet that actually worked which I never would have thought could happen. I'm not sure if I am allowed to say the name on the forum, but w/e. At the beginning of last year I started nutrisystem (check it out online) its super easy and just after a 3 weeks I lost 15 lbs! it goes slower after but the first month and the entire program are super motivating!
If you want to feel a slight change with your appearance for now, try changing your hairstyle, your hair color or your style of clothes. If you do that it well help change your mind set and will encourage you to have better thoughts about yourself.
Trust me you do not want to become anorexic. Just look up pictures of anorexia and you will understand that it is not attractive at all. Personally I think that anorexia is just as unattractive as obesity. Furthermore if you become anorexic your life expectancy will drastically decrease, your teeth ad hair will fall, your organs will be damaged and you will lose all your friends (because it is a mental illness).
I really hope I helped, and if you need to talk so more you can message me.
I do have a pretty good mindset. I know that eating healthy is good for my body and that it'll (someday) reflect on my appearance. But it really hasn't done me any good.

To be honest, no one around me is supportive. Everyone tells me I'm too fat, too big. And I am. Nothing wrong with the truth, I guess.

I am trying to change though. I'm getting my hair done soon, and I'm getting a whole new wardrobe for school. Still, nothing really helps me. Nothing looks good on me with my bad face and body.

To be honest, me being anorexic would definitely be more attractive than what I am now. And I mean that sincerely...
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #16
Tango
Banned

You are sooo pretty. You don't look over weight at all, you look really pretty and healthy.

Anorexia is not the way to go. It does not look good at all. You will be tired all the time, you will feel sick, you will NOT look good at all. And you will be risking your life. Being over weight (which you aren't!) isn't good for you either, but I know of someone who was anorexic, died I think 3 years later? Every time I saw her she looked worse and worse, my forearm was bigger then her whole thigh.

Guys don't like super skinny. They like curvy, I have struggled with being skinny. Guys have told me they don't like me because I am too skinny. It is not any better then being over weight.

Just be happy with yourself. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #17
Aelfwyn

Name: Danielle

I know that you may not listen to someone on a forum who you've never met, but honest to goodness, the second I looked at your picture, I though, "She's so pretty."

Ironically, I am your height, and you are at my goal weight for the end of the summer.
Old June 30th, 2011, 11:22 PM   #18
russjr08

Name: Russell

Take it from someone who used to be bone skinny (I have chron's disease and now just getting a little chunkier slowly), it's not what you think it is. You would have the same problems that you would if you were overweight. Everyone is different and has something they have to deal with. Like I have to deal with having chron's and on top of that I'm lactose intollerant. It's made it were if you were to look at me a few years ago, and compared it to now, it wouldn't look like anything has changed (like my height) which is probably due to my disease.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no ideal weight (at least to me) and being super skinny is as bad as being overweight.
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:26 AM   #19
Unique Physique

Unique Physique's Forum Picture

Nobody makes the conscious decision to become anorexic. Anorexia happens by accident.. it can start off as simple dieting or simply a way to feel in control again, then it becomes an obsession for the sufferer, who don't see themselves as anorexic, or don't see anything wrong with what they're doing.

In theory it would be all too easy to only consume an extremely low calorie diet daily (i.e. 500 calories) and do an hour of exercise a day. Sure, it's a guaranteed way of losing weight, but the problem is 90% of people don't have the willpower to stick to a diet like that for long enough until they become extremely thin. I've tried it and only lasted 3 weeks, I lost a lot of weight, but I found myself obsessing over food, even dreaming about it, because when you're consuming so few calories, your body starts to scream out for food.. like high calorie food. I ended up giving in and buying a Burger King meal lol. Mind you, I didn't gain the weight back, though.. but yeah. Can I also add that I became sick and got dark circles under my eyes a lot and was sleeping more.. even felt faint at times. Anorexics live with this + worse. They don't lose their appetites, that's actually a myth, they have to force themselves to deny their instinct of hunger.

You also have to have a certain type of personality to be anorexic, they're often perfectionists or academic/sports high-fliers who can keep this kind of thing up. If you're impulsive (like me) you won't handle it, and that's a good thing, because it affects people for life..

~ Don't tell me the sky's the limit, with footprints on the moon.
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:56 AM   #20
Lethe
Nice Poster

Lethe's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
You are sooo pretty. You don't look over weight at all, you look really pretty and healthy.

Anorexia is not the way to go. It does not look good at all. You will be tired all the time, you will feel sick, you will NOT look good at all. And you will be risking your life. Being over weight (which you aren't!) isn't good for you either, but I know of someone who was anorexic, died I think 3 years later? Every time I saw her she looked worse and worse, my forearm was bigger then her whole thigh.

Guys don't like super skinny. They like curvy, I have struggled with being skinny. Guys have told me they don't like me because I am too skinny. It is not any better then being over weight.

Just be happy with yourself. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are beautiful
I may not look like it in the picture, but I am. I have a lot of fat on my belly, legs, arms and gut. Too much...

Guys tell me that they don't like me because I'm too fat. And, of course, I'm not pretty in the face either. I'm sure some boy would be more forgiving if I had a good-looking face, but I just don't. So I really have nothing going for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russjr08 View Post
Take it from someone who used to be bone skinny (I have chron's disease and now just getting a little chunkier slowly), it's not what you think it is. You would have the same problems that you would if you were overweight. Everyone is different and has something they have to deal with. Like I have to deal with having chron's and on top of that I'm lactose intollerant. It's made it were if you were to look at me a few years ago, and compared it to now, it wouldn't look like anything has changed (like my height) which is probably due to my disease.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no ideal weight (at least to me) and being super skinny is as bad as being overweight.
I'm sorry you're suffering with such a terrible illness . I hope you are doing alright!

I'm lactose intolerant too ^^. Still, I eat dairy and other things because I need them in my diet and because they taste good. Have you taken a lactose intolerence pill? If you can, buy a pack. They're very helpful .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Physique View Post
Nobody makes the conscious decision to become anorexic. Anorexia happens by accident.. it can start off as simple dieting or simply a way to feel in control again, then it becomes an obsession for the sufferer, who don't see themselves as anorexic, or don't see anything wrong with what they're doing.

In theory it would be all too easy to only consume an extremely low calorie diet daily (i.e. 500 calories) and do an hour of exercise a day. Sure, it's a guaranteed way of losing weight, but the problem is 90% of people don't have the willpower to stick to a diet like that for long enough until they become extremely thin. I've tried it and only lasted 3 weeks, I lost a lot of weight, but I found myself obsessing over food, even dreaming about it, because when you're consuming so few calories, your body starts to scream out for food.. like high calorie food. I ended up giving in and buying a Burger King meal lol. Mind you, I didn't gain the weight back, though.. but yeah. Can I also add that I became sick and got dark circles under my eyes a lot and was sleeping more.. even felt faint at times. Anorexics live with this + worse. They don't lose their appetites, that's actually a myth, they have to force themselves to deny their instinct of hunger.

You also have to have a certain type of personality to be anorexic, they're often perfectionists or academic/sports high-fliers who can keep this kind of thing up. If you're impulsive (like me) you won't handle it, and that's a good thing, because it affects people for life..
I agree, being anorexic is definitely a "committment" so to speak. But I do have tendencies to stick with plans. Such as my diet. I've stuck with this one for about six months, with barely any difficulties. I'd say that if I really was anorexic, I'd probably stick with it .
Closed Thread