Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:13 AM   #1
dannyhendon

Name: Dan
Default Step dads punishments suck?!

I'm 13 guy and my mom an dad aren't together anymore. Like with my dad he was strict sometimes like grounded for stuff and I did get spanked Upto like 10 and my younger brothers still are. But my step dad new rules suck so much. I have gone back to getting spanked I feel like a baby and my younger brothers are still spanked too.

I don like it its like its embarrassing. Like my dad hardly spanked me. By now my step dad is so strict and he's just wierd we all get hit on the legs my dad never did that:/ its too hard to never get it because we've got like so many new rules even swearing once it's like I'll tan you if I hear the again !

Urg what can i do
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:27 AM   #2
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia
Default Re: Step dads punishments suck?!

Well, it's not abuse. Personally, I disagree with using corporal punishment, but it's not illegal.

If you find it embarrassing, that's probably why he does it, as a deterant. Honestly, if you don't want to get hit on the legs or spanked or whatever, just don't break the rules. It might be hard having some other guy punishing you for things that your dad never punished you for, but he's not really doing anything wrong.

If you don't want him to do this anymore, you could always try and talk to him about it? Or maybe you could talk to your mum?

Or maybe you could just not break the rules, unless they're completely unreasonable, you don't really have an excuse to break them.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:50 AM   #3
dannyhendon

Dude honestly we are all trying real hard to not get hit and my mom doesnt help she's always like its Upto your step dad if you get hit.

Like even stuff line if me and my brother like start fighting when were in a store my step dads like RIGHT when we are back home soon as you get in bare legged to your room.

Stuff like that dad would just shout at us and then he would be cool
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:06 PM   #4
MadManWithaBox
Banned

Name: The Doctor.

If you misbehave, you get punished. Straight forward to me.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:13 PM   #5
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

Name: kenz

sure a punishment seems ok but your never supposed to hit your child
i had my step mom charged for that and she never did it again nor to her own children
so yes what he is doing is wrong and technically is a form of child abuse not punishment. sorry ur going through what i did man
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:16 PM   #6
MadManWithaBox
Banned

Corporal punishment isn't illegal. Unless it's excessive.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:23 PM   #7
Neverender
Newfoundlander

Neverender's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Your step dad is trying to humiliate and scare you so you don't challenge his dominance. Unfortunately, he's protected under the law (Although I beg to differ), What you need to do is get in his face when he wants to do that to you. Fight back. Say no. If he hits you then, it's abuse. If he threatens to take something away, it's blackmail. I feel for you. But you are 13, and I think thats a little much for a parent to be using corporal punishment at that age. You DO have the right to say no. Remember that. Get your mom involved. Tell her. Even make her guilty enough to stop your step father if you must. The issue here is that your parents still make you out to be as a small child, while physically you might be small, but emotionally and mentally you are much more developed, and as such your parents should have the respect to speak to you as an adult; not as a whipping boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManWithaBox View Post
Corporal punishment isn't illegal. Unless it's excessive.
It's archaic and undermines the respect and mental facilities of children and teens who endure such punishment instead of having a conversation.

Fortunately, in Canada, it's essentially illegal thanks to The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms' guarantee for equal protection of the law an of freedom from cruel and unusual punishment.

And

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, of which Canada is a signatory. As is the US, unfortunately, in the US, Spare the rod, spoil the child stuck around.

Been here on VT so long,
my clothes are starting to rot.
8 Years and counting

Last edited by Neverender; June 22nd, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM   #8
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

what parent in gods mind ha sa right to embarass their children by punishing them like seriously
this is just fucked up
Old June 22nd, 2011, 01:34 PM   #9
MadManWithaBox
Banned

It's discipline. Nothing more. Speaking as someone who was beaten hy his father nearly very day from when I was born to when he tried to kill me. And then most days till what happened when I was 15. It's not illegal. Different people, different punishments.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:14 PM   #10
Deschain
Peach Plum Pear

Deschain's Forum Picture

Name: Sweet Pea

Honestly. I think at 13, spanking is degrading. He's becoming a young man and deserves to be treated and punished like one. My dad stopped spanking me when I was 8. And after that it was a good talking to. Whenever I abused his trust he told me so, and told me how he felt and to me, that is a worse punishment. Spanking does nothing when you aren't a kid anymore.

Its not a question of wether its illegal or not, but how it makes the recepient of the spanking feel.

It shouldn't be treated as just discipline "plain and simple". What good does discipline do if there's no message being sent besides one that is degrading and makes you feel embarrased.

~Lawrence~

~Laura was here~
For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM   #11
Pancakes
Banned

Name: Michael

STUPID PARENTS gosh there should be a law against parents even hitting their children
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:31 PM   #12
ackmedsgirl666
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
STUPID PARENTS gosh there should be a law against parents even hitting their children
thanks
finally someone who agrees with me
Old June 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM   #13
Deschain
Peach Plum Pear

Deschain's Forum Picture

Its not the issue at hand. There is a difference from spanking when you are a child, and how you respond to that, and when you're older and the lack of response.

Its not a beating. That is illegal. But spanking is necessary for some.

~Lawrence~

~Laura was here~
For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:23 PM   #14
Jordan W.K. White
Member++

Jordan W.K. White's Forum Picture

Name: Jordan

Well we are lucky here in the UK.. You are now not allowed to hit your children as theres a law & guideline has been put in place few years back, however it doesn't stop it all and i know that very much, i use to forget my coat at school and i use to get a slap round the face for that by my step-dad and yes i hit him back each time but sadly him being x10 stronger then me and his a officer i couldn't really do much, but then i talked to another police officer about it (i didn't know he was police at that time just someone asking me am i ok but i knew him a few years back but didn't know he was a officer) and i told him all what happend, and then he talked to my step-dad on the seriousness of his actions of hitting a 9 year old boy as violently as he did, then it stopped and we are closer now, maybe just maybe you could talk to someone who can do something about it but not take you into care, not that this would put you into care but you know social workers our days -.- im sorry if this didn't help but think about the options, what you can do to reduce or even stop this for once.

But know this, anything involved with hitting minors SHOULD and i hope WILL become illegal and legal action will be taken to the one(s) that commit the hitting on a minor.

Your actions inspire others to do the same, whether they are the right actions is up to you. Do as you see and see as you do.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:56 PM   #15
Ambrosia
Awesome Poster

Ambrosia's Forum Picture

Name: Lexi

I personally believe there is nothing wrong with spanking a child. I was raised with three punishments:

-Spankings
-Washing your mouth out with dish soap
-Slapped

There's nothing wrong with him spanking you if you're under the age of, oh, say, 10, but once you hit that age...it's just silly. And you should point that out to him. Ask him for a better punishment, at least. Or just stop getting in trouble for childish things like FIGHTING with your brothers in public. It embarrases him too, which is probably why he does it then.

Corporal punishment has it's place, but not accessively or too teenagers and so on.

-Retired Global Moderator-
Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:31 AM   #16
Sith Lord 13
The Force

Sith Lord 13's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvesSaintLaurent View Post
Whenever I abused his trust he told me so, and told me how he felt and to me, that is a worse punishment.
You do realize there are a lot of kids who that wouldn't phase right? Hell, some of them would take it as a form of encouragement. I believe corporal punishment has its place, and the age at which it should stop is very dependent upon the child.

If you ever need to talk, you can PM me. I can't promise I'll solve your problem but I'll do my best to help.
"You're all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home!" - Han Solo
Awesome People: Country-Cowgirl, Goose, RodeoGirl, Maliza, ShatteredWings Thanks to Kaius for the awesome sig.
Puppy <3 Kitty
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab93/Kaius10/Alex-1.png
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:44 AM   #17
Deschain
Peach Plum Pear

Deschain's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord 13 View Post
You do realize there are a lot of kids who that wouldn't phase right? Hell, some of them would take it as a form of encouragement. I believe corporal punishment has its place, and the age at which it should stop is very dependent upon the child.
Which is what I've already stated.

~Lawrence~

~Laura was here~
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM   #18
dannyhendon

Its just real hard some times like we all have got. New step dad who has given us millions of rules and I can't even remember them all so we keep messing up.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM   #19
Azunite
As-You-Knight

Azunite's Forum Picture

Name: Cengiz Fyodor di Venezia Formanggiani del Toro el Castille von Schnautzenbergen

"Step Dad's Punishments Suck"

So in your opinion punishments are generally good but only his punishments suck?

Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:17 AM   #20
dannyhendon

No not like that, like when I was grounded n stuff that is better than having to take my pants off and getting legs hit for stupid little things all the time
Closed Thread