Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2011, 06:49 PM   #1
jacknort
New Member
 
Join Date: May 31, 2011
Gender: Male
Unhappy just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Im 13 and im kinda clever I get good grades and stuff. i just sometimes get in trouble for playing around but that's it! My mom and dad are real strict with brothers and me but are usually good to me because Im the oldest, like I'm supposed to be an example they say.

My brothers get spanked for stuff like I used to but they havent to me for over like a year but always tell me I can still get a belt when I do bad stuff, I got in a fight with my bro cus he stole my DS and then broke it I was sooo angry! I pushed him and he hit his head on the floor and was crying for like an hour! I didn't mean to do that bad and I said sorry and my mom and dad didnt say much to me they were just seein bro was ok so I was like ooh they believe me. Then like ages later my dad said hel tan my legs for that! And he said it so calm it was wierd, my legs feel like there burning and it was like a day ago! It is alot more horrible than I thought! bare legs and a big belt like 15 times. My mom even said they look sore and hugged me but she was the one who asked dad to get the belt! i dunno what I should think of mom and dad now
jacknort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 09:57 PM   #2
Pancakes
Banned
 
Name: Michael
Join Date: April 8, 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Man I would tell a counsler.
Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 10:11 PM   #3
sarah newman
Member++
 
Name: sarah
Join Date: October 2, 2009
Location: Cuckfield
Gender: Female
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

You don't deserve that!
No one deserves that at 13, I'm so sorry you had to experience that!

In my opinion.. I would tell someone, fast. A parent has no eight to knock there children around, fair enough, a smack at a young age fine, but the belt at 13? That's a no go zone. I would also go to a pharmacy or the doctors to ask what they have go to ease the burning pain.

But on your side, I know that you won't wanna grass up your parents, but I'm afraid, for your safety, you might have to. You could anonymously call the police, or ring childlike for advice, or tell a relative/ friend you trust for advice if you don't feel ready to call people like the police yet.

But I really consider you to do something like that.

Do you have counselling already? Or do you confide in someone in particular? If you do, maybe tell them.

Just remember, you did not deserve that. No one deserves that. Pm me if you need anything at all, good luck with whatever you decide x

...People try and seek help...
..I have given up trying..
..im controlling my lovely sharp razor..
...while theres to much blood...
..comin out of my skin..
.and still no one notices.
..how much pain im going through..
...so i still lay there all alone...
sarah newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 03:26 AM   #4
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul
 
Syvelocin's Forum Picture
 
Name: Rith
Join Date: August 2, 2009
Location: The Emerald City, OR
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

I'm going to say the opposite of what the others have said: I'm afraid you're going to have to get over it.

You obviously did something to deserve it by your post. You can't complain about it then. Even if you think it wasn't deserved, they obviously had reasoning behind. Next time, you should just not act out, then you won't get the belt. Even if it was your brother that did something bad, YOU are the eldest. You'll have to get used to that. "Everything is your fault because you know better." That's how parents think. Learn to outsmart them, and don't even get into the fight, just walk away.

It isn't abuse. It's discipline. Far from abuse. Nowadays, it's as if we've gone too soft on our youth. My stepdad got the belt all the time when he misbehaved. It was a more common practice. It might not be fun, you might not like it, but some parents still believe in physical discipline, and until you leave the house (I don't know where you live though, the law about this stuff varies from place to place) you'll have to deal with getting punished, or be good and never get the belt again. Operators on those lines won't take you seriously, because, like I said, it isn't abuse. Now, if your parents just decide to really beat the shit out of you for no reason at all, or excessively bad beatings, that's a concern.


And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 05:29 AM   #5
Goric
Member
 
Name: Jake
Join Date: May 30, 2011
Location: London, UK
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

No-one should deserve being hit, even if it is your parents. Where do you live? Because in many countries it's against the law (child abuse) if your parents hit you and you have proof.
Goric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:05 AM   #6
TrAnSMaN09
Banned
 
TrAnSMaN09's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tyler Alex
Join Date: May 30, 2011
Location: On The Rainbow
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
I'm going to say the opposite of what the others have said: I'm afraid you're going to have to get over it.

You obviously did something to deserve it by your post. You can't complain about it then. Even if you think it wasn't deserved, they obviously had reasoning behind. Next time, you should just not act out, then you won't get the belt. Even if it was your brother that did something bad, YOU are the eldest. You'll have to get used to that. "Everything is your fault because you know better." That's how parents think. Learn to outsmart them, and don't even get into the fight, just walk away.

It isn't abuse. It's discipline. Far from abuse. Nowadays, it's as if we've gone too soft on our youth. My stepdad got the belt all the time when he misbehaved. It was a more common practice. It might not be fun, you might not like it, but some parents still believe in physical discipline, and until you leave the house (I don't know where you live though, the law about this stuff varies from place to place) you'll have to deal with getting punished, or be good and never get the belt again. Operators on those lines won't take you seriously, because, like I said, it isn't abuse. Now, if your parents just decide to really beat the shit out of you for no reason at all, or excessively bad beatings, that's a concern.


What are you sayin? You NEVER deserve abuse! and yes this is abuse, maybe you should think about what you say, before you say it
TrAnSMaN09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:17 AM   #7
Sogeking
An Old Ghost
 
Sogeking's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 19, 2007
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goric View Post
No-one should deserve being hit, even if it is your parents.
Wait, what? So the parents getting hit?
Quote:
Where do you live? Because in many countries it's against the law (child abuse) if your parents hit you and you have proof.
But it isn't abuse, it's dicipline, and he doesn't have proof. And the countries that have this legal far outnumber the ones that doesn't

Last edited by Sogeking; June 1st, 2011 at 06:52 AM.
Sogeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:42 AM   #8
Deleted User
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: August 28, 2010
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

As you said, it was only once after a long time. This is discipline. As a child, I was spanked for misbehaving badly. I considered myself lucky not to get the wooden spoon or belt like my mum did when she was a child. Parents are allowed to discipline their children this way. It is not abuse and it is legal unless excessive.

This is going to sound harsh but children today have learned that of they scream "Child abuse!" to the nearest authority, they can get out of being seriously punished. I've met a lot of people that simply do not know how to act because they threatened their parents with calling Child Services. You know what that got me when I tried it? Another spanking because I was being highly rude and disrespectful. These spankings were rare and I knew when I deserved them.

While I don't doubt that this was not pleasant for you, you should not have hit your brother. Hitting his head on the floor could have been dangerous and I think that was your parents' main concern, not your broken DS.

However, I hope you are alright, understand and will try to be the bigger person next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrAnSMaN09 View Post
What are you sayin? You NEVER deserve abuse! and yes this is abuse, maybe you should think about what you say, before you say it
Relax. As Rith and I both said, it is legal and any amount of research can prove this. What you'll find, however, if you search it are a lot of kids who have never seen discipline before and claim it's child abuse simply because they don't want to take responsibility for their own actions and can shift the blame and attention to their parents. I know this because I did the same thing when I was older because I thought I was smarter and knew the law better than my parents, one of which is a police officer no less. I was wrong.

Last edited by Deleted User; June 1st, 2011 at 06:48 AM.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:43 AM   #9
MadManWithaBox
Banned
 
Name: The Doctor.
Join Date: May 8, 2008
Location: Inside the Tardis with Pond.
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 19
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

There's a line between abuse and discipline, and that sounds like discipline. Unless he was beating you for the hell of it, or to an extent where there were marks, it's discipline. Not illegal.
MadManWithaBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 07:32 AM   #10
Taylorxbox
Member++
 
Taylorxbox's Forum Picture
 
Name: Taylor
Join Date: June 2, 2010
Location: South Dakota and Colorado
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
I'm going to say the opposite of what the others have said: I'm afraid you're going to have to get over it.

You obviously did something to deserve it by your post. You can't complain about it then. Even if you think it wasn't deserved, they obviously had reasoning behind. Next time, you should just not act out, then you won't get the belt. Even if it was your brother that did something bad, YOU are the eldest. You'll have to get used to that. "Everything is your fault because you know better." That's how parents think. Learn to outsmart them, and don't even get into the fight, just walk away.

It isn't abuse. It's discipline. Far from abuse. Nowadays, it's as if we've gone too soft on our youth. My stepdad got the belt all the time when he misbehaved. It was a more common practice. It might not be fun, you might not like it, but some parents still believe in physical discipline, and until you leave the house (I don't know where you live though, the law about this stuff varies from place to place) you'll have to deal with getting punished, or be good and never get the belt again. Operators on those lines won't take you seriously, because, like I said, it isn't abuse. Now, if your parents just decide to really beat the shit out of you for no reason at all, or excessively bad beatings, that's a concern.
Agreed. People now dont know the difference from dicipline and abuse. Now, if he does it for no reason, that could be an issue. BUT, you did something wrong. Child Abuse is more of just hitting your kid for no reason and then doing it all the time in my mind.

2014 Shelby GT500 Cobra 2013 Polaris Assault 800 Snowmobile.. TERRAIN DOMINATION = My Babies
Taylorxbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:15 AM   #11
TrAnSMaN09
Banned
 
TrAnSMaN09's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tyler Alex
Join Date: May 30, 2011
Location: On The Rainbow
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManWithaBox View Post
There's a line between abuse and discipline, and that sounds like discipline. Unless he was beating you for the hell of it, or to an extent where there were marks, it's discipline. Not illegal.
the part in bold. by the ops post it seems to me that there are ALOT of marks. and no Parents are not allowed to use a belt. they can use hands or any body part and even then more then 5 is a bit much.
TrAnSMaN09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:36 AM   #12
MadManWithaBox
Banned
 
Name: The Doctor.
Join Date: May 8, 2008
Location: Inside the Tardis with Pond.
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 19
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

That's hardly a iron reason. Discipline is discipline. I was beaten so many times, I couldn't tell the difference, I never did anything wrong. Discipline is discipline, the OP needs to tell the difference.
MadManWithaBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:41 AM   #13
TrAnSMaN09
Banned
 
TrAnSMaN09's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tyler Alex
Join Date: May 30, 2011
Location: On The Rainbow
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

but marks on your body because of it is a bit harsh.
TrAnSMaN09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:44 AM   #14
MadManWithaBox
Banned
 
Name: The Doctor.
Join Date: May 8, 2008
Location: Inside the Tardis with Pond.
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 19
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Not nessacarily. I mean, marks are marks.
MadManWithaBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:46 AM   #15
TrAnSMaN09
Banned
 
TrAnSMaN09's Forum Picture
 
Name: Tyler Alex
Join Date: May 30, 2011
Location: On The Rainbow
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

marks are personal. if it prevents him from walking properly due to pain then its bad. what does he say if people question bruises and shit.
TrAnSMaN09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM   #16
James xX
New Member
 
Name: James
Join Date: June 1, 2011
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syvelocin View Post
I'm going to say the opposite of what the others have said: I'm afraid you're going to have to get over it.

You obviously did something to deserve it by your post. You can't complain about it then. Even if you think it wasn't deserved, they obviously had reasoning behind. Next time, you should just not act out, then you won't get the belt. Even if it was your brother that did something bad, YOU are the eldest. You'll have to get used to that. "Everything is your fault because you know better." That's how parents think. Learn to outsmart them, and don't even get into the fight, just walk away.

It isn't abuse. It's discipline. Far from abuse. Nowadays, it's as if we've gone too soft on our youth. My stepdad got the belt all the time when he misbehaved. It was a more common practice. It might not be fun, you might not like it, but some parents still believe in physical discipline, and until you leave the house (I don't know where you live though, the law about this stuff varies from place to place) you'll have to deal with getting punished, or be good and never get the belt again. Operators on those lines won't take you seriously, because, like I said, it isn't abuse. Now, if your parents just decide to really beat the shit out of you for no reason at all, or excessively bad beatings, that's a concern.

Me thinks your living in the 1940s...
James xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 10:58 AM   #17
Deleted User
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: August 28, 2010
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

The best I can say is that if you want to tell someone, tell someone. Tell us exactly what you posted here and I can almost guarantee that no one will listen because they will agree it is not abuse.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM   #18
Magus
Mercurai's Priestess
 
Magus's Forum Picture
 
Name: Fae, The Witch
Join Date: February 22, 2010
Location: The Guild Of Archmages
Age: 25
Gender: Transgender MtF*
Blog Entries: 13
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

I would tell teh police. You are not an income machine for your parents, you are individual like them, and you don't deserve that kind of punishment no matter what!

Actually using physical means is abuse all the way -- an extreme one at that.

My parents never beat me, they thought that beating me will only make me worse, rebel even more. Fact.

Beating will not make anyone disciplined. Tell your teacher, or someone you can trust, a part of the family, anyone.

Don't give them the chance, they do it once, they will do it again.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM   #19
jacknort
New Member
 
Join Date: May 31, 2011
Gender: Male
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Thanks guys for your advice I spoke to my scho friend about it and he said there's not mch for me to do because here it's still ok , I live in usa. I spoke to my dad today ad he was kinda ok with me he said giving me the belt is the last thing he wants to do but he had no choice:/. He said he wouldn't do it when he's still angry though like when I got my belting he was not angry with me I dont think he even hugged me after it was done and was like get some clothes on and calm down your done. was wierd but I kinda got him if that makes any sense atall...
jacknort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 12:01 PM   #20
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----
 
Dimitri's Forum Picture
 
Name: Robert
Join Date: December 5, 2010
Location: Ohio
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 30
Default Re: just had the belt, worst thing ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknort View Post
Thanks guys for your advice I spoke to my scho friend about it and he said there's not mch for me to do because here it's still ok , I live in usa. I spoke to my dad today ad he was kinda ok with me he said giving me the belt is the last thing he wants to do but he had no choice:/. He said he wouldn't do it when he's still angry though like when I got my belting he was not angry with me I dont think he even hugged me after it was done and was like get some clothes on and calm down your done. was wierd but I kinda got him if that makes any sense atall...
Hey man, I got the belt my whole life and I wanted to let you know that if you need to talk to someone you can talk to me. I do have to agree that this was an act of parenting and that it is justified and I am telling you know that you will thank your parents for it in the end, I know I am.

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org