Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 30th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster

Φρανκομβριτ's Forum Picture

Default Loss of a friend

January 18th, one of my friends was in an accident driving a crane down the highway. He was not fortunate enough to survive the ordeal.

4 months down the road, it still doesn't seem real. I keep seeing cranes everywhere and I just see him standing there opperating it.

Does this get better in time? Do I just have to live with it? Idk where to go from here...

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Φρανκομβριτ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

Name: Robert
Default Re: Loss of a friend

I am sorry to say but the best thing that you might be able to do is just giving it time. I would suggest that you dealw ith this in the same manner that you would deal with the death of a family member, cry a little, go through the stages of greif (sounds like you already are) and then finish it out because after denial eventaully come acceptance and that is something that you need. You cannot let these things affect how you live in your everyday life.

Is your friend the types of friend who would like you to morn his loss forever or would he like you to live and honor his life through your actions? If you need any help please feel free to PM or anything, I am always open to talking.

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster

Thanks for the advice. I cryed before, and believe me, I don't cry. I feel like I've gone through the grieving steps, but there's still a big gap somewhere in me. It's just going outside and seeing cranes, every time i think of him.

I'm beyond denial, it's just unreal trying to think that someone who had so much ahead of them was taken. It's unfair.

He'd want me to move on I'm sure, and I have in ways, but he's still in my heart and on my mind a lot

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #4
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

Name: Robert

I dont want to tell you to move on because that would just seem insensitive but I am sure that you will be able to get through this eventually. I play the piano or sing or go clubbing when I have too much stress buildt up in me and you can do the same, althought I have no idea how old you are and what the rules are for clubbing where you live but hey, to each his own. If you need anything PM me and I will be sure to answer asap.

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 10:24 AM   #5
Φρανκομβριτ
Sporadic Poster

No, I agree with you, I need to move on. I just don't really have anything that takes my mind off of it because of the constant reminders everywhere. I guess I'm just stuck in a rut. I'm 19, so clubbing is no problem, just no good clubs to go to!

Sic Semper Tyrannis