Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:04 AM   #1
raven14

Name: raven
Exclamation friend cut help.

now i have never cutted my self before and never have byut i know this popular girl at my school who is a cheer leader. well i was walking but the girls bathroom and i heard a clang so i opened the door stepped inside (i didnt make a sound) and i heard a girl crying in a stall i noticed it was the cheer leaders boots. and she was crying and started to count 3...2...1... "i cant do it" i heard her say "ok only one more time" then i looked above the stall and saw a gleam on the roof like you do if you hold medal or a screen at the right angle but it reminded me of something she showed me the other day. -flashback- -her: hey look at this cool pocket knife my dad gave me for my birthday. -me: wow -her:look at the gleam on the roof it makes at the right angle -flashback over- then i noticed it was the same gleam and i heard her say "3...2...1..." but i kicked the door open find her sleeve up the knife in her hand i grabed it got her to drop i closed it put it in my pocket and said "how could you do this " i looked at her arms there were 20 marks. i grabed her and started to walk towards the school nurse and the office but she kept on pushing against me so i asked my friend cameron to carry her there so he picks her up and carrys her to the nurse i ask her sis to tell the office to call thier parents and that it was a emergency. i stayed with her in the nurses office her sis stayed in the office waiting for thier parents and cameron was still holding her arms behind her back. i still have her knife i opened it and i couldnt believe what i saw there were blood marks that were maybe 1 day old at the most. i was shocked. i still have her knife today. now my question is i dont know what to do. what should i do? what can i do? did i do the right thing? am i doing the right thing? why did she do this? why now? why ever? i feel so helpless now me and her are real great friends but in first second and third grade (before she got so popular) we were bff`s. and i really dont know what to do please help. im sorry for the long story. but help me and help me help my friend please.
raven14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:26 AM   #2
kookoo_dude32
Junior Member+

Name: Jeremy
Location: USA,Michagan....dont need anymore details than that :P
Default Re: friend cut help.

all you really can do is talk to her...be her friend...be there for here if she needs you and let her know that...alert an adult if you need to...i really dont know...but i say just do as i said above

16,M,Straight,Happily In a relationship.Dont be a stranger im friendly,even though i have a scary demeanor
I mostly stick around the puberty 101 boards,but i venture out every so often VM me
kookoo_dude32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:30 AM   #3
anonymous53
Banned

Alright. There are a lot of reasons people cut. Usually it's not because they're suicidal. It's a coping mechanism. Maybe you should try talking to her about it. Forcing someone to get help is usually not a very good thing.

Most important. Talk to her, be there for her. Refer her to this website maybe. Suggest she tell an adult so she can get psychiatric help.

*Sorry, I'm trying to make the best sense of your posts as I can, but they are very hard to interpret correct*
To make sure I'm getting this right. You found your friend cutting in the females bathroom, then took her to the nurses office and told her parents?
anonymous53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:03 AM   #4
SilenceForSilence
Junior Member+

SilenceForSilence's Forum Picture

Name: John

Though nobody likes being forced to get help, 95% of the time, they'll thank you for it later. She will probably be angry at you for a while, but you definately did the right thing. You probably didn't have to literally force her to the nurse, and maybe you should've given her the chance to tell an adult first, but telling someone in the end is the best thing to do. That takes a lot of courage to step in for your friend, and you should be proud. Now that you got her into this, you have to help her through it. Talk to her and keep her safe.
SilenceForSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:38 AM   #5
FullyAlive
VT Lover

FullyAlive's Forum Picture

Name: Louise (Lou)

I'm sorry but I really don't think that was right at all, you can't just kick open a door, then take it upon yourself to tell someone. That was the entirely wrong way to go about it. Ok so you are friends so maybe talking to her was an option? Or you could have mentioned something to her other friends? Or gone to the school nurse without her and mentioned your concerns. Forcefully carrying someone to see someone, I'll never agree that that was for the best.

But you've done it now so you can't change it, the best thing you can do now is talk to her, if she's uncomfortable with talking don't. She will have some sort of help or support now. Just act normal around her, like you did before, and be sensitive to topics that might upset her.

Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling.

hello
number 6

~Aarony was here~
FullyAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:00 AM   #6
Love.Hate
Carpe Diem

Name: Fran

Personally i wouldnt have reacted like that. As she probably feels less like she can trust you now.. But i would assure her you did it because you thought you were doing what was right.

I would talk to her about it, ask her why. If she doesnt want to talk dont force her, she is in a very vunerable situation right now so try not to make it worse. There are lots of reasons why people cut, so dont go into the assumption that its because she wants to die. She is probably quite upset by your actions, but the past is the past and you thought you were doing it for the best so.. move on i guess.

Act normal around her, as she has got help then there is nothing really you can do other than be there for her. Tell her that if she wants to talk about anything your always there.

Don't let anybody ever bring you down.
Love.Hate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 07:26 PM   #7
jenna13

Name: jenna

[QUOTE

*Sorry, I'm trying to make the best sense of your posts as I can, but they are very hard to interpret correct*
To make sure I'm getting this right. You found your friend cutting in the females bathroom, then took her to the nurses office and told her parents?[/QUOTE]

yeah your right

i think i did over react but yet i heard her crying i saw a gleam that i thought could have been a knife i freaked i thought she was about to kill her self. and your right forcing her to the nurse was bad. but i just freaked . the main reason why i forced her to the nurse was that i thought she was already bleeding (because of the stains on the knife that i saw) she has thanked me for bringing her. she said she has wanted to get help but was to scared. cause ...... well it wouldnt be right for me to tell you thats is between me and her

Please do not double post, use the edit button instead - Syvelocin
sorry i didnt know that i could do that - Jenna

Last edited by jenna13; May 27th, 2011 at 07:46 PM.
jenna13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #8
Raven287287n

Raven287287n's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

When did this happen? My email:[email protected] Contact me if you need any more help
Raven287287n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #9
Charleigh
Awesome Poster

Charleigh's Forum Picture

Name: Charleigh

I guess all that you can really do is just be there for your friend. Nobody can make the decision or the option weither they cut or not, as much as you would love to trade places with them just to make them better and hope that they are okay, I htink that the best thing to do right now is just be there for them and be a good friend, let them know that you are there and that you are listening.

As for you, when you listen to what they have to say and everything that is on their mind, dont let that get ontop of your own problems. Its all good when you have someone their for you, but its just a matter of how are you dealing with everything? Other peoples shit can get ontop of yours, which can also make it very hard for you, so try and make sure that you have someone that you can offload to and that you have support in place incase things do get a bit much.

FREEZE mother fucker..
Charleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #10
Aubrie

Aubrie's Forum Picture

Name: Aubrie

She may be very angry with you for a while, but she'll thank you later. Being a cutter in the past, I would have felt really cornered if someone had done that to me. You did do the right thing, though. The sooner she gets help, the better. If she wants to talk to you about it, listen. If not, then don't prod her for information.
Aubrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #11
dark_soul777
Member+

dark_soul777's Forum Picture

Name: Robert

Personally, if I were her I would have been relieved that people found out. At first probably mad/scared, but I'm sure she's already realized it was for the best and is probably just relieved that someone found out before it got worse.

Quote:
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Chocula cereal is an example of this- A real catholic newsletter *laughs to within an inch of death*
dark_soul777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #12
MyWords

Name: Sonja

I think it was good that you had her tell her parents, but I think she should have gotten her time to think it over. I told my mum just last weekend I cut myself but I didn't tell her until I felt I was ready and it was so hard.
Just be with her, be her friend and make sure she knows you'll be there for here and that she can trust you

Music is what feelings sound like.
MyWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #13
beebs
Member+

beebs's Forum Picture

Name: Laura

Honestly i dont think you did the right thing. You should have spoken to her and helped her stop, obviously if her wounds were life threatning than you did the right thing.

Just be her friend, be there for her, make sure she knows you care.
beebs is offline   Reply With Quote