Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old April 24th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Crocbait230

Crocbait230's Forum Picture

Name: Samantha
Default Did I do the right thing?

Im going to start 6 months back, i joined Facebook and all that and got a bunch of friends you know but then i started losing track of them a guy added me who i kinda knew but he was a friend of my brothers at least thats what i thought. so we got to talking and 3 weeks ago he was like hey lets go for a swim at your house (my house) so i was cool with that my parents were going to be home. well they left for a play like 5 min later. i was like ok whatever we will just stay outside they didnt know he was coming over. He rang the bell and i opened the door and he just walked in and grabbed me, said hey baby hope you dont mind i forgot my swim suit how about we go up to your room instead he tore my shirt. i screamed kneed him in the balls ran upstairs to my brothers room he was stumbling behind me i grabbed his gun some type of semi rifle warned him to stay back and he kept coming so i shot him

edit i didnt KILL him i shot him in the thigh. but i meant to kill him at that moment but im a horrible shot

he got arrested and i got away free its been 3 weeks and everyone keeps bothering me about it
taunting me asking me questions
**** like that
i feel horrible and i dont know if shooting him was the right thing to do
i feel like i should have just let him do whatever with me just so i wouldnt have had to shoot him

Last edited by Crocbait230; April 24th, 2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: details more explanation
Crocbait230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #2
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

Name: Robert
Default Re: Did I do the right thing?

It was self-defence and you did the right thing, you defended yourself and that's all you could do. I have someone who is very close to me go through almost the same thing. I am proude of you and what you did. Stay strong and you will get through this. It just shows how strong you are and how weak he was.

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #3
crocbait231

Im her brother she made me join really sucks to be her atm she wont stop sharing her feelings love u sis!

Last edited by crocbait231; April 24th, 2011 at 06:03 PM.
crocbait231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #4
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

I am assuming that your parents know, I would suggest talking to a councilor at school or perhaps a councilor at school can recomend a therapist. You do not need to be alone in this.
I beleive that you did the right thing and I commend you for doing so.

The information provided by myself is not a substitute for that of a LICENSED PHYSICIAN.
----
Quote:
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Quote:
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
Old April 24th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #5
Crocbait230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I am assuming that your parents know, I would suggest talking to a councilor at school or perhaps a councilor at school can recomend a therapist. You do not need to be alone in this.
I beleive that you did the right thing and I commend you for doing so.
well yeah but i dont know its turned my world upside down
i have been going to a therapist and hes said 'oh this is just a new page in the your book embrace it' what is that supposed to me (rhetorical)
its just i have to let all the emotions out you know i have to say it but i have no one to say it to so i guess thats why this forum is here
Old April 24th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #6
Dimitri
----ΣΑΕ----

Dimitri's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocbait230 View Post
well yeah but i dont know its turned my world upside down
i have been going to a therapist and hes said 'oh this is just a new page in the your book embrace it' what is that supposed to me (rhetorical)
its just i have to let all the emotions out you know i have to say it but i have no one to say it to so i guess thats why this forum is here
Basically this is something that you can put under your belt. You need to look at this as an experience to grow and realize that you are strong and will get through this. Look at this as a learning experience.

----
Quote:
Quote:
Old April 24th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Charleigh
Awesome Poster

Charleigh's Forum Picture

Name: Charleigh

Hun think about this. If you didnt act the way you did, you could have put yourself into more danger, and who knows what he could have done. You did the right thing and you protected yourself, in no way should you regret this or even think twice. Ok the shit seems to have hit the fan, but if you didnt think and react the way you did, he could have dont allotta damage sweetie.

If you dont feel ready to talk to a counsellour or someone about this, thats completley understandable hun. You just need to build up your confidence and get ready to, dont jump steps. Im sure that this has had a great impact on you, but you can get through this. Maybe you are still in shock and you need time to accept and deal with what has happend, but in every respect you did a good job of protecting yourself hun.

Im here if you need anything hun. Dont be a stranger

FREEZE mother fucker..
Charleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 03:46 AM   #8
jokoko

To be honest and not throw around empty compliments about how you are brave or how you did the right thing, the whole situation was pretty messed up from the get go with you meeting someone for the FIRST time at YOUR house. So, I wouldn't say either of you were right but defending yourself was the correct response. Don't belittle yourself so much that you think it's OK for someone to take advantage of you. And as for shooting someone, let that uncomfortable feeling thats left behind be a warning for the future so that you don't have to be put in a similar situation again. And you should definitely get your feelings out, but not randomly to the whole world. It's much more effective when you are comfortable with someone really close to you and you let your whole heart out at once about all the crap in your life and the good stuff too.
jokoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #9
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3

He was trying to hurt you. It's not your fault, you did what you did so he wouldn't touch you. It was self defense. It's good you want to let your emotions out. And are seeing a therapist. Breathe, you're safe, and if he taunts you again block him, unfriend him, he comes to see you get a restraining order so whenever he comes near you he will get arrested. It's hard to talk about what happened? Well it's understandable. I'm here for you talk to me if you want anytime. <3

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2011, 04:46 AM   #10
Pirate
Junior Member+

Pirate's Forum Picture

Name: Rosie

Everyone has given you such excellent, positive advice and I agree whole-heartily with them. You could have let him do things to you, that would have haunted you for the rest of your life. I was abused when I was a child and I still feel it, like a black cloud hanging over me most of the time - especially when sex comes up, and I feel like such a rubbish girlfriend whenever my boyfriend has to deal with them too, though I know I'm not. It's just because of what's happened to me.
You showed incredible bravery, and you never killed him. You wounded him, and you showed him what you're made of. He won't be touching you, or hopefully anyone else, from now on.
Please don't feel bad. Your therapist is right, you stood up for yourself and that is a very hard thing to do, especially in a situation like this - be proud and embrace it as part of who you are. It's so much better than having to deal with the aftermath of having been raped or abused.

~ there is love in your body, but you can't hold it in
it pours from your eyes and it spills from your skin
the tenderest touch leaves the darkest of marks
and the kindest of kisses break the hardest of hearts.
there is love in your body but you cant get it out
it gets stuck in your head, won't come out of your mouth
sticks to your tongue and it shows on your face
that the sweetest of words have the bitterest taste.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #11
Saosin

Saosin's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

You shouldn't feel guilty about shooting him. He tried to demoralize you and take advantage of the situation. Kudos to you for standing up for yourself. As for your peers harassment, try to block it out as much as you can... You did what you had to do on your behalf. He had no right to behave the way he did.

Yes, there are alternatives to defending yourself other than shooting him. However, that is in the past and there is nothing you can do to change it. Don't worry about it. And don't let people get to you and allow them to walk over you, it will only create more problems down the road.

Always up for a good conversation
PM me or Add me.

Keep positive. Life ain't so shitty.
Don't believe me? Listen to Shannon Hoon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I20rnau95T8
Saosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #12
alluneedtoknow

you did the right thing and dont listen to the others.He was a hormone raged boy with sex on the mind and he was going to rape and hurt u and possibly kill you for it. it was either a shot in the thigh or you being raped and if u survived you would have felt way worse and possibly suffer from ptsd.
alluneedtoknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #13
Crocbait230

Thanks Guys I've FINALLY gotten over this issue just a slightly larger bump im my road of many adventures hopefully ill figure out how live with it and get over my fear of being vunerable.

Im Leading A Double Life
Everyone Who Knows Me Doesnt Know Me
But I Cant Show Them The Real Me....

Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:11 AM   #14
Weeping
Awesome Poster

Weeping's Forum Picture

Name: Elvira

You know, he could have raped and/or abused you. And since he'd do it to you, he'd probably do it to someone else, too. You shooting him may make him think twice next time.

And well, understand me right when I say it was good that you shot him, though it's also good that you're a bad shooter so that he didn't die.

Believe me, you'll probably be happier with just hurting and stopping him than if you would've killed someone or been raped/abused!

If the people around you are annoying or such by bringing it up all the time (sounded like that, at least) then ask them not to talk about it. If they have a heart they'll probably understand why. (:

I'm here if you'd need to talk!

http://elviraholmberg.tumblr.com/

if you add me on msn or skype, then send me a vm or pm otherwise there's a risk that I won't accept you.

And please, don't even bother to think about adding me if you're just some horny guy -.-
Weeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:08 AM   #15
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin

It was self defence. He deserved what he got, don't feel ashamed about it. You set him straight, and I bet he won't be pestering you again!

Spook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #16
libra210

libra210's Forum Picture

Name: E-SIGHHH

Thats insanely scary. You did the right thing, trying to protect yourself of coarse
libra210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #17
sliidz

Name: Anthony

im glad your past this and honestly it was the right thing to do because he possibly could have killed you...
sliidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2011, 10:12 AM   #18
Slytherin_Prince
Banned

Name: Undisclosed

It was obviously self-defence.
It's a good thing that he's still alive, though.
A friend of mine was in a similar situation once, and that didn't end so well for his attacker, who was one of his close relatives.
But as an answer, you did the right thing.
You defended yourself and you had all right to.
Don't feel bad about it. He shouldn't have made a move like that in the first place.

Most sincerely,
Robert.
Slytherin_Prince is offline   Reply With Quote