Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #1
Rubber
Junior Member+

Default What happened to me

So I'm really shy, and today i had to publically speak infront of about 30 classmates. I read off of a seet and wasnt even looking at the crowd too. But as i read, my eyes blinked alot, and i didnt really know what i was reading, words were just coming out of my mouth, and at some points i was talking to the point i wasnt even understandable. My body was also shaking alot as i read i was generally just freaking out to the extreme.

Afterwards i just couldnt stop shaking in my chair, an when i tried to write stuff down i couldnt write neatley at all and was not able to write between the lines at all. I was basically like this for and hour and a half, and i also couldnt stop my eyebrows from scrunching or something and i was doing it constantly during the time span and i felt i was going to puke sometimes.

Basically i just want to know if i have some condition or something, or if i basically just had a nervous breakdown. Somebody help please. cause i really dont think i can ever publically speak again. Even when its just 30 ppl.
Rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #2
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie
Default Re: What happened to me

I wouldn't say it's any form of condition just yet, possibly a mild panic attack. If you're unfamiliar and really dislike talking out loud, it explains why you became visably nervous, hense the shaking, 30 people is actually a lot, that's 30 pairs of eyes, all on you.
Public speaking is a very daunting thing, I hate it, and shake also. I think it's just a very strong nervous reaction, but if you're troubled by it, try talking to your teachers, see if they can help you overcome it, it's most probably just a fear more than anything

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #3
HandheldOutlaw
Member+

HandheldOutlaw's Forum Picture

Name: Lauren

I shake as well when I speak in front of even a small group. It does sound a bit like a panic attack. I hope this gets better for you.
And please, don't try to imagine anyone in their underwear. :p Lol. It makes me personally feel more awkward, because then I feel like I'm staring. x)
Ok, joking. But on a more serious note, it probably is just a fear. It helps me to suck on a mint when speaking in public. I focus more on the flavor than on what I'm doing and the words just flow easily.
Good luck!
x
Lauren
HandheldOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #4
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Sounds like a bit of a case of stage fright. I don't get stage fright exactly, for some reason. I'm an actress, and I have nothing but a little bit of jitters before I get on stage, then I'm fine once I'm out there, but when it's giving a speech or a presentation for class, I shake incredibly and get all sweaty and nervous. I don't like people staring at me. That, I associate with my social anxiety.

Could be a phobia, like it has been said, a breakdown maybe. If it is a condition at all though, not saying it is, I would probably say it might be the same, social anxiety. Is this the first time this has happened, or have you always been nervous about public speaking?

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #5
TheRev

TheRev's Forum Picture

Name: Austin

this happen to me to lucky for me i had lunch right after so what i did (might want to try this) is i sate down by my self with some of my bros and just listen to music and relaxed and it wint a way. and now i can do it with out and probs and i think it helped my drumming now i can do anything in front of ppl if i feel bad i just tell my self "i am stronger then my mind" and some how i stop shaking and stop saying things quickly
TheRev is offline   Reply With Quote