Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: What is your religion?
Agnosticism 139 13.43%
Atheism 312 30.14%
Buddhism 12 1.16%
Christianity (Please Specify) 412 39.81%
Hinduism 9 0.87%
Islam 33 3.19%
Judaism 17 1.64%
Wicca 17 1.64%
Other (Please Specify) 84 8.12%
Voters: 1035. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #1841
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
theres a difference in beleive something someone has told and faith.
Not really. Neither require you to think very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
if i didnt beleive in christianity or had faith in it i would have converted by now.
But why do you believe it and not any of the other religions? There's nothing to suggest your beliefs are any more valid than any other religious beliefs.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #1842
music is my soul
Member++
 
Name: stewart, stew, stewie, stert the list goes on.
Join Date: January 31, 2011
Location: I live in maryland but im originally from texas.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

thats where faith plays its role. and yes theres a difference in beleiving in something someone has told you and faith. but you have to be willing to except it to be able to understand it. now please dont take this the wrong way cause i am really not trying to look down on anyone or trying to make anyone feel bad. i am just stating what i think. now i bleive that athiest dont have the exact same sense of the word faith then christians do. its something very few people can explain. i know i cant i can try but it might be different then the next persons. any more questions because i can talk all night if you want me to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyabs View Post
but if you arent a Christian PLEASE PM ME ABOUT IT! I wanna get you saved!
I dont give a damn bout what other people think, what do you think about that! -montgomery gentry
If you ever need help or just want to talk im always open to talk. No exclusions.
music is my soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #1843
Sogeking
An Old Ghost
 
Sogeking's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 19, 2007
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
How do you understand them?

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. Zechariah 13:3 (kill all 'false' prophets)

If a man lies with mankind as he lieth with a woman, they have both commited an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:13 (kill all male homosexuals)

These two of a redicilous amount of examples seem pretty clear to me.
Your pulling quotes out of context here.
Sogeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #1844
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
now i bleive that athiest dont have the exact same sense of the word faith then christians do.
No, both parties have the exact same sense of what 'faith' means. Faith is the belief in something with no evidence to support it. The only difference is that atheists think it is stupid to believe in something without reason where as Christians do not. It is stupid to believe in something with no good evidence.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #1845
music is my soul
Member++
 
Name: stewart, stew, stewie, stert the list goes on.
Join Date: January 31, 2011
Location: I live in maryland but im originally from texas.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

have you been reading our conversation? cuase it would be nice for you to jump in so we can have another voice in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyabs View Post
but if you arent a Christian PLEASE PM ME ABOUT IT! I wanna get you saved!
I dont give a damn bout what other people think, what do you think about that! -montgomery gentry
If you ever need help or just want to talk im always open to talk. No exclusions.
music is my soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #1846
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
No, both parties have the exact same sense of what 'faith' means. Faith is the belief in something with no evidence to support it. The only difference is that atheists think it is stupid to believe in something without reason where as Christians do not. It is stupid to believe in something with no good evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
have you been reading our conversation? cuase it would be nice for you to jump in so we can have another voice in this.
It'd be nice if you addressed the point I just made.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #1847
music is my soul
Member++
 
Name: stewart, stew, stewie, stert the list goes on.
Join Date: January 31, 2011
Location: I live in maryland but im originally from texas.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

sry wasnt trying to reject your point. anyway, i think your putting every single christian in one point and you think that all christians are the same. even if we practice the same religion it doesnt mean we are all the same. we are human. we are all different. i know i think more outside the box in the sense of religion more than my friends do (they are christian to). and what do you mean by without reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyabs View Post
but if you arent a Christian PLEASE PM ME ABOUT IT! I wanna get you saved!
I dont give a damn bout what other people think, what do you think about that! -montgomery gentry
If you ever need help or just want to talk im always open to talk. No exclusions.
music is my soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #1848
deadpie
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי
 
deadpie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Damien Ark
Join Date: August 27, 2009
Location: IA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
Your pulling quotes out of context here.


Yeah, about that.

deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #1849
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
sry wasnt trying to reject your point. anyway, i think your putting every single christian in one point and you think that all christians are the same.
All christians have faith, and thus they all believe in something without reason or evidence. That's not generalizing- that's a fact. I'm completely correct and fair in what I'm saying, because on this most basic level, what I'm criticizing christians for does apply to each and every single one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
and what do you mean by without reason?
I mean there is no evidence for any of the gargantuan claims in the Bible. There is no evidence that the Red Sea was ever parted, there is no evidence that curses fell upon the land of Egypt, there is no evidence that dragons ever walked the earth, or that the earth was ever flooded, or any of these things.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #1850
music is my soul
Member++
 
Name: stewart, stew, stewie, stert the list goes on.
Join Date: January 31, 2011
Location: I live in maryland but im originally from texas.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

accually there is evidence that a large flood accured in the east. the black sea over flowed and wiped out everything between it and the mediteranian sea. and there are texts stating that there were great famens during the time of moses. maybe you should brush up on your facts before you try to make me look stupid. but yeah not everything can be proven because all of this happened thousands of years ago. but some of the things can and have been proven to have happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyabs View Post
but if you arent a Christian PLEASE PM ME ABOUT IT! I wanna get you saved!
I dont give a damn bout what other people think, what do you think about that! -montgomery gentry
If you ever need help or just want to talk im always open to talk. No exclusions.
music is my soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #1851
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
maybe you should brush up on your facts before you try to make me look stupid.
Maybe you should provide sources for those "facts" before you succeed in making yourself look stupid. I'm not sure if you're aware, but a flood between the Black Sea and the Mediterranean...



...doesn't really stack up to the flood described in the Bible.

Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #1852
anonymous53
Banned
 
Join Date: April 3, 2011
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
"it's purest form"? Really?

No, I'm not getting at the grammatical ("it is") error. I'm getting at the logic.

What do you mean by its purest form? If you look in the bible there are many downright awful quotes. Therefore, if people followed the bible exactly, then they would be expected to follow said bits.
Purest form. The lowest level, what it started out as. A set of guidelines to live your life by. Not the bible.
This means all religions.
anonymous53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #1853
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe-Amo-X View Post
Purest form. The lowest level, what it started out as.
How do you know what religion started as?
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #1854
music is my soul
Member++
 
Name: stewart, stew, stewie, stert the list goes on.
Join Date: January 31, 2011
Location: I live in maryland but im originally from texas.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

oh my gosh a flood can receed you do know that right. and the time of noah was before moses so it was at least three to four thousand years ago. and i was watching some show on the history channel, and you know those facts have to be right or extremely close to the truth to get on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyabs View Post
but if you arent a Christian PLEASE PM ME ABOUT IT! I wanna get you saved!
I dont give a damn bout what other people think, what do you think about that! -montgomery gentry
If you ever need help or just want to talk im always open to talk. No exclusions.
music is my soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:11 PM   #1855
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
and you know those facts have to be right or extremely close to the truth to get on TV.


No, I'm afraid that's now how the world works. A worldwide flood is physically impossible. You need only do a simple search on Youtube and you'll find many videos wherein actual scientists will explain how it isn't possible. Even if it did happen, are you really going to argue that Noah got ALL species of life on Earth aboard his boat? What about the termites, and the woodpeckers? Even if he did do that, with only two of every species alive to mate with eachother, their offspring would have to mate incestuously and the species would die off in only a few generations due to lack of genetic diversity in their DNA structures and the abnormalities that come with incest.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #1856
deadpie
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי
 
deadpie's Forum Picture
 
Name: Damien Ark
Join Date: August 27, 2009
Location: IA
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 12
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
accually there is evidence that a large flood accured in the east.
The Flood would have no purpose unless it flooded the entire earth to the mountain tops, but there is not enough water on earth to flood every continent to the top of the highest mountains. Forty days of the heaviest rain imaginable would scarecely make a difference and, in any case, rain comes from the sea and would quicky drain back into the sea.

The Bible vaguely mentions water from the deep - under the earth - but there never was any such water. In any case it would have to defy the laws of gravity to reach the surface, and to stay there for a whole year.

The Bible says that Noah lived for a further 350 years after the Flood. Having personally talked to God, been rescued from the greatest disaster in human history, and being the direct ancestor of every living person, it is inconceivable that no written record exists of the subsequent life of this great man. No one sought Noah's advice, and even the worship of the God who had saved Noah had totally disappeared by the time of Abraham, who knew nothing of his supposedly still-living ancestor.


The total volume of water on Earth is about 1.4 billion cubic kilometers
Volume of a sphere = 4/3 r3 where r=radius
Radius of Earth = 6,378.15 Kilometers
Height of Mt. Everest = 8.85 Kilometers
The volume of water needed to cover Earth to the height of Mt. Everest is approximately the difference in volume of a sphere needed to encompass Mt. Everest and the volume of a sphere the size of the Earth.
Volume of a sphere encompassing the Earth at sea level
= 4/3 (6,378.15 KM)3 = 1,086,825,918,019 KM3
Volume of a sphere encompassing Mt. Everest
= 4/3 (6,378.15 + 8.85 KM)3 = 1,091,388,460,971 KM3
The Difference = 4,530,488,766 KM3
Notice that this is more than 3 TIMES the amount of water presently on Earth.

How do you explain the relative ages of mountains? For example, why weren't the Sierra Nevadas eroded as much as the Appalachians during the Flood?

Why is there no evidence of a flood in ice core series? Ice cores from Greenland have been dated back more than 40,000 years by counting annual layers. A worldwide flood would be expected to leave a layer of sediments, noticeable changes in salinity and oxygen isotope ratios, fractures from buoyancy and thermal stresses, a hiatus in trapped air bubbles, and probably other evidence. Why doesn't such evidence show up?

How are the polar ice caps even possible? Such a mass of water as the Flood would have provided sufficient buoyancy to float the polar caps off their beds and break them up. They wouldn't regrow quickly. In fact, the Greenland ice cap would not regrow under modern (last 10 ky) climatic conditions.

Why did the Flood not leave traces on the sea floors? A year long flood should be recognizable in sea bottom cores by (1) an uncharacteristic amount of terrestrial detritus, (2) different grain size distributions in the sediment, (3) a shift in oxygen isotope ratios (rain has a different isotopic composition from seawater), (4) a massive extinction, and (n) other characters. Why do none of these show up?

Why is there no evidence of a flood in tree ring dating? Tree ring records go back more than 10,000 years, with no evidence of a catastrophe during that time.

Sources: Here.
Here.
Here.

deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #1857
music is my soul
Member++
 
Name: stewart, stew, stewie, stert the list goes on.
Join Date: January 31, 2011
Location: I live in maryland but im originally from texas.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

it was not a world wide flood it was a flood that happened between the black sea and the medateranian sea that receeded a few thousand years ago. and dew to that information he only took two of every animal that was native to the area. and heck maybe by some freak of nature those animals that were there with noah mutated or what ever you want to call it during or after the flood andbecame the animals we know of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyabs View Post
but if you arent a Christian PLEASE PM ME ABOUT IT! I wanna get you saved!
I dont give a damn bout what other people think, what do you think about that! -montgomery gentry
If you ever need help or just want to talk im always open to talk. No exclusions.
music is my soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #1858
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
it was not a world wide flood it was a flood that happened between the black sea and the medateranian sea that receeded a few thousand years ago. and dew to that information he only took two of every animal that was native to the area. and heck maybe by some freak of nature those animals that were there with noah mutated or what ever you want to call it during or after the flood andbecame the animals we know of today.
A flood on that scale alone would still leave a considerable amount of evidence behind, none of which you are sharing. Saying you saw a documentary on TV is not evidence and if that's all you have to debate with then I'm afraid this argument isn't going to be a pleasant experience for you.

Besides- false things are broadcasted on TV all the time. You can't trust TV anymore than you can trust human beings, like your parents and clergy.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #1859
music is my soul
Member++
 
Name: stewart, stew, stewie, stert the list goes on.
Join Date: January 31, 2011
Location: I live in maryland but im originally from texas.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

okay well just google it just to see if im right or wrong. im mean really if im wrong im wrong. its not like the world hangs in the balance over this one conversation. if im wrong i will admit it. you will have semi proof. but then again werent you the one that said that you cant beleive everything your told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyabs View Post
but if you arent a Christian PLEASE PM ME ABOUT IT! I wanna get you saved!
I dont give a damn bout what other people think, what do you think about that! -montgomery gentry
If you ever need help or just want to talk im always open to talk. No exclusions.
music is my soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #1860
Sage
Banned
 
Name: Sage
Join Date: April 21, 2007
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 10
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
okay well just google it just to see if im right or wrong. im mean really if im wrong im wrong. its not like the world hangs in the balance over this one conversation. if im wrong i will admit it. you will have semi proof. but then again werent you the one that said that you cant beleive everything your told.
Why be wrong when you can be right? That's an incredibly poor outlook on life.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org