Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 10th, 2018, 09:21 AM   #1
coolmatt

coolmatt's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew
Default Confused

My friend told me he was gay the other day and we talked about it alot. He said he knew cause he looked at other guys and had thoughts about them and didnt have those thoughts about girls. Since then I been thinking about how I look at guys sometimes and sometimes think about them howninthink about girls. I always thought it was normal but maybe its not and maybe I like boys too. I'm confused. What can I do to know?

13 strait guy
add and pm me

coolmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:06 AM   #2
Pultost
Awesome Poster

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita
Default Re: Confused

I think the best thing to do is not to overthink it. If you like boys, girls or both, it's cool either way.

Sushi is for people who can't afford a stove.
Pultost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:00 AM   #3
Second Chance
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmatt View Post
My friend told me he was gay the other day and we talked about it alot. He said he knew cause he looked at other guys and had thoughts about them and didnt have those thoughts about girls. Since then I been thinking about how I look at guys sometimes and sometimes think about them howninthink about girls. I always thought it was normal but maybe its not and maybe I like boys too. I'm confused. What can I do to know?
I agree with the person above, and you should not overthink the issue. In puberty there is a rush of hormones which will make you find anything attractive, and many folks may find something on the same gender attractive for the simple fact that they may wish to have that on themselves. For example, if you want to have a big chest and you see a guy with that, then you might find that attractive.

As for your friend, just be supportive of him as he deals with his feelings, and just be his friend like you have been up to this point.
Second Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 04:10 PM   #4
coolmatt

coolmatt's Forum Picture

I wouldn't stop being his friend because he's gay. I'm just confused if I like guys to. I know I masterbated and thought of a guy once at least if that means anything

13 strait guy
add and pm me

Old November 10th, 2018, 04:16 PM   #5
Nnoki
Member++

You're curious
It's okay
Maybe you'll end up being bisexual and there's nothing wrong with it

I'm back
Nnoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 06:16 PM   #6
RyanIsGay24
Member++

RyanIsGay24's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

I don’t think u should worry too much about this. If ur gay or bi, you’ll figure it out or you’ll realize it’s just curiosity

We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon
RyanIsGay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 06:21 PM   #7
coolmatt

coolmatt's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanIsGay24 View Post
I dont think u should worry too much about this. If ur gay or bi, youll figure it out or youll realize its just curiosity
How did you know you liked boys?

13 strait guy
add and pm me

Old November 10th, 2018, 07:01 PM   #8
RyanIsGay24
Member++

RyanIsGay24's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Quote:
How did you know you liked boys?
idk, I started noticing boys as cute in like 5th. I didnt know I was gay until I had a crush on a boy and it was more serious than any previous crush I had had on girls

We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon
RyanIsGay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 07:54 PM   #9
heyoh
Junior Member+

Name: kevin

i mean what does it really even mean? i think I'm bi but thats just because i think girls and guys can be hot. you don't have to be bi or gay or str8 just be you and you'll figure it out.

13, sports fan, athletic, bisexual
heyoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 07:55 PM   #10
Second Chance
Great Poster

Quote:
I wouldn't stop being his friend because he's gay. I'm just confused if I like guys to. I know I masterbated and thought of a guy once at least if that means anything
That is great that you accept your friend for who he is.

I think even straight guys in puberty have masturbated thinking of boys before.

The way you know you are gay is that you can see yourself in a long-term relationship with another guy and the thought of being with a girl is something that would be not ideal for you. If all you can think about is guys, and when you masturbate and have sexual thoughts they all revolve around guys, then there is a high probability you're gay. If you think about boys and girls, then you might be bi-sexual. However, the way you know for sure you're gay is if all you can think about is guys. Masturbating once or twice to a guy when you mostly are attracted to girls does not necessarily mean you're gay.

As for your friend, avoid doing anything sexual with him because many times doing sexual stuff can lead to issues with the friendship.

If you are confused right now, then do not worry, and you just need time to think things out. It is not like you need to choose your sexuality right now, and you need to go further along puberty to figure out what is going on. Just remember in puberty both testosterone and some estrogen gets mixed into boys' bodies meaning that if you have moments you like guys, then it could be hormones. If you find that you ultimately like guys, then there's nothing wrong with you, and you can cross that bridge when you get there.

Basically, I would not overthink sexuality right now, and just take things one day at a time. There is no need to "come out" or think you need to do so since you're still new to puberty.
Second Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 08:06 PM   #11
ska8er
VT Lover

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Matt ur just starting puberty. Whether u
have feelings for guys or girls or both just
b urself and don't worry about it. There is
a lot of time to sort things out.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2018, 10:15 PM   #12
HaileyM
Banned

Name: Hailey

I don't think theres any reason you need to find the perfect box to fit yourself into. Alot of ppl put a ton of importance on finding there perfect label and thats why there are so many confusing terms. Just be you and let this stuff sort itself out over time. By the time you are finished with college or that age any way you will have alot more experience and have a better understanding of what you want and value. Honestly I would just play it by ear until the answer makes itself known. You're not suppose to have all the answers yet that wouldn't be any fun at all.

Thats my opinion any way. You can be whatever you feel like and that can change every day or every hour.
HaileyM is offline   Reply With Quote