Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2019, 12:06 PM   #21
Adamant
Nice Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Christians

Not been christened, never been brought up to believe. Only started going to church about 6 months ago. Sort of yes and sort of no. I get on well with the people at church and they are kind and welcoming and iits important to me but they say it smore than going to church you need to "make a commitment". They don't pressure me at all but don't reckon I am what they call a Christian yet.
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 06:30 AM   #22
Oskarr2005
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Oscar
Join Date: June 16, 2018
Location: UK
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Default Re: Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
Not been christened, never been brought up to believe. Only started going to church about 6 months ago. Sort of yes and sort of no. I get on well with the people at church and they are kind and welcoming and iits important to me but they say it smore than going to church you need to "make a commitment". They don't pressure me at all but don't reckon I am what they call a Christian yet.
Then are you going to church to meet nice people? Or because you do believe in something?
Oskarr2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 08:24 AM   #23
Char03
Member
 
Char03's Forum Picture
 
Name: Charlotte
Join Date: February 24, 2017
Location: North of London UK
Gender: Female
Default Re: Christians

I am Catholic
Char03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 06:57 AM   #24
Adamant
Nice Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarr2005 View Post
Then are you going to church to meet nice people? Or because you do believe in something?
I guess it sounds a bit like it....but its not.
Yes they are nice people and that encourages me to go but its more than that.
Most weeks i can say the creed" i believe in God the Father..." as i believe it.
Sometimes i am not so sure. My dad thinks its a phase that is good for me and will grow out of and most people at school dont believe any of it either so sometimes its tough to know what to think.
I think it must be easier to grow up in a Christian family and work out for yourself how far you want to go with it but for me its all new and a bit like everything in a package......all or nothing.
So i pray and sometimes read my Bible and though it may have been a coincidence some of my prayers seem to have been answered so really think there is something in it.
It also helps me get things more right than wrong which maybe is a miracle by itself.
So i guess lots of people would say i am a Christian and thats fine by me but....but my church says you need to make a definite decision to follow Jesus and that means he is the boss of your life and he gets to call the shots and have to check out everything with the Bible etc.....and the Lords prayer says forgive us as we forgive other people and i still can't forgive my birth dad so maybe cant be a proper Christian.
So thats why i said i wasn't sure.
Guess this is too long and not sure it makes sense but its the
kind of messy truth.
Likes: (1)
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 03:50 AM   #25
thewilddog
Member
 
thewilddog's Forum Picture
 
Name: The thing……
Join Date: May 10, 2019
Location: Somewher in France...
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
I guess it sounds a bit like it....but its not.
Yes they are nice people and that encourages me to go but its more than that.
Most weeks i can say the creed" i believe in God the Father..." as i believe it.
Sometimes i am not so sure. My dad thinks its a phase that is good for me and will grow out of and most people at school dont believe any of it either so sometimes its tough to know what to think.
I think it must be easier to grow up in a Christian family and work out for yourself how far you want to go with it but for me its all new and a bit like everything in a package......all or nothing.
So i pray and sometimes read my Bible and though it may have been a coincidence some of my prayers seem to have been answered so really think there is something in it.
It also helps me get things more right than wrong which maybe is a miracle by itself.
So i guess lots of people would say i am a Christian and thats fine by me but....but my church says you need to make a definite decision to follow Jesus and that means he is the boss of your life and he gets to call the shots and have to check out everything with the Bible etc.....and the Lords prayer says forgive us as we forgive other people and i still can't forgive my birth dad so maybe cant be a proper Christian.
So thats why i said i wasn't sure.
Guess this is too long and not sure it makes sense but its the
kind of messy truth.
My Mum was abused by her step-father…it took her years and years to forgive him, she never full out came and did it she just left off for university and after 5 years of not living at home, she did it. Dont ask me how…but after becoming a christian just like you (the rest of her family werent) she somehow managed. If you give your life to God, then you wont need to worry about anything because God is in charge. If he tells you to do bsomething, do it. By all means stay thinking for a while, but i feel as if he is caling you to live new life fresh and beautiful! Trust Him. He knows what He is doing. Give him your life to use. And at the end of your beautiful life, you need not be afraid because you will spend eternity with him!

thx
-The Wild Dog- a homeschooler, debater, reader, coder. Loves hearing about new inventions and technology!

PM me whenever! I love to chat/rant! If you don't i'll PM you!
(My Uncle (professional photographer and computer programmer) took the photo of mr birthday dog!)
thewilddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM   #26
Oskarr2005
Awesome Poster
 
Name: Oscar
Join Date: June 16, 2018
Location: UK
Age: 14
Gender: Male
Default Re: Christians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
my church says you need to make a definite decision to follow Jesus and that means he is the boss of your life and he gets to call the shots
God is not my master and I'm no blind slave, nor a sheep. I see Jesus as a guide who shows us the way, not a master to whom we should obey blindly, no matter what
Likes: (1)
Oskarr2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2019
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org