Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:45 AM   #1
centreoftheuniverse
Junior Member+

centreoftheuniverse's Forum Picture

Name: sophia
Unhappy i feel lonely...

i'm in my third year of secondary school. and i don't have many friends; two good friends, to be exact. the majority of other girls don't really like me, as in first year i was a bit odd to them, and in school i come off as a bit of a nerd/really studious. i got on alright with about five other girls, but it's just we can tolerate being paired up in class, and greet each other when we pass by in the corridor. that's about it.

my sister is now in HER first year of secondary school. and she's a lot more popular than me. i gave her all the ricks and tips, and now she's fitting in really well. plus it doesn't hurt that she's quite pretty (in contrast with me - braces, spots, petite). she has a big group of friends - and they're all close, it's not just a few distant friends.

i moved primary schools two years before i finished primary school, so i didn't really get a chance to know the girls in my new class - besides, they all had their own cliques anyway. my sister, however, was in a younger class, so she was able to get into the friend groups before they were set in stone.

i really envy my sister - in first year, i had nobody to guide me in, and i stuck to a few close friends. my sister has everything handed to her already, and she has plenty of friends.

and it's not even the fact that she's popular - i don't really care about that. it's the fact that at lunches, in classes, etc. i really do get lonely. i have my two friends, but they're often absent, or among their own friends. i envy my sister for having so many friends she'll never feel lonely (and yes, i know solitude is a good thing, but i get enough of it at home).

can someone please share advice?

Last edited by centreoftheuniverse; September 26th, 2018 at 11:21 AM.
centreoftheuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2018, 06:46 PM   #2
texan

Name: Jordi
Default Re: sister more popular; no friends

Find a group of guys that you really like, and become friends with each one of them (not the entire group all at once).
Start hanging out with them 1 or 2 at a time, then all of a sudden have all of them over to your house or something after a month or so.
Youve now gotten a big friend group.
texan is offline   Reply With Quote