Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 17th, 2018, 03:43 PM   #61
JustMyHumbleOpinion
Junior Member+

Name: Joshua
Default Re: Ask a Christian

My question to all Christians is the concept of hell- a lot of Christians seem to think as long as someone believes in god and repent their sins, their in Heaven!
This scenario sums it up:

Lets say there is a good-willed and kind gay/bi guy who doesn't believe in god- HELL

Lets say there is a mass murderer and serial rapist, but he was baptized and fully believes in God.. And he repented - HEAVEN!

What about all those children in remote African countries who die in mass numbers- they didn't even have a chance or probably weren't even exposed to the bible, why should they burn in hell? Do you believe they should burn in hell?

If so why? Why should mass murderers who repent be sent to a paradise while innocent children burn in eternal hell-fire?
JustMyHumbleOpinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2018, 05:35 AM   #62
Axrow

Axrow's Forum Picture

Name: Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyHumbleOpinion View Post
My question to all Christians is the concept of hell- a lot of Christians seem to think as long as someone believes in god and repent their sins, their in Heaven!
This scenario sums it up:

Lets say there is a good-willed and kind gay/bi guy who doesn't believe in god- HELL

Lets say there is a mass murderer and serial rapist, but he was baptized and fully believes in God.. And he repented - HEAVEN!

What about all those children in remote African countries who die in mass numbers- they didn't even have a chance or probably weren't even exposed to the bible, why should they burn in hell? Do you believe they should burn in hell?

If so why? Why should mass murderers who repent be sent to a paradise while innocent children burn in eternal hell-fire?

Firstly, children and those who do not have the capacity to understand go to heaven anyway.

Secondly, what is good? People can be good in human standards, but not be acceptable to God. This is because we are all sinners and only His grace can save us. If we are not covered by His grace then we are accountable for our own sins. And as we all sin we would be guilty of sin and unable to enter His presence. So it isn't about the human standards of what is good that lead to heaven or hell, but about who is accountable for the sin: either ourselves or Jesus.
Axrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2018, 01:26 PM   #63
JustMyHumbleOpinion
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axrow View Post
Firstly, children and those who do not have the capacity to understand go to heaven anyway.

Secondly, what is good? People can be good in human standards, but not be acceptable to God. This is because we are all sinners and only His grace can save us. If we are not covered by His grace then we are accountable for our own sins.
Okay that first sentence is nice to know, but i think good/bad in some cases in pretty obvious..
A selfless person who is good willed= Good
A murderer/rapist with no remorse= Bad
But who cares about being kind in life because Jesus.

With that view, why be kind? Why don't i just go and murder millions of people? It'll all be cool in the end as long as i repent and worship the lord.
Old April 18th, 2018, 01:32 PM   #64
the_power_slave
Great Poster

the_power_slave's Forum Picture

Name: eli.

Quote:
Okay that first sentence is nice to know, but i think good/bad in some cases in pretty obvious..

With that view, why be kind? Why don't i just go and murder millions of people? It'll all be cool in the end as long as i repent and worship the lord.
IT doesn't work like that, you'd have to be truly sorry for what you did for a start

\it works now/

the place where you ask the_power_slave questions, and he answers them.

"everything heaver than everything else."

Available for birthday parties, not christenings.
the_power_slave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2018, 03:34 PM   #65
JustMyHumbleOpinion
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeam View Post
IT doesn't work like that, you'd have to be truly sorry for what you did for a start
What if i was though? I'd be given a free pass to heaven while the other 70% of the world rots in hell.

What a loving god eh? Forgiveness, lets just burn 8 billion people who didn't worship me.
Old April 18th, 2018, 03:37 PM   #66
the_power_slave
Great Poster

the_power_slave's Forum Picture

Name: eli.

Quote:
What if i was though? I'd be given a free pass to heaven while the other 70% of the world rots in hell.

What a loving god eh? Forgiveness, lets just burn 8 billion people who didn't worship me.
i'm not defending it.

\it works now/

the place where you ask the_power_slave questions, and he answers them.

"everything heaver than everything else."

Available for birthday parties, not christenings.
the_power_slave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2018, 04:04 PM   #67
InternetTeen
Nice Poster

Name: N/A
Location: With my parents who live with me who live next to my neighbours house who live next to my house

Do you believe in hell?
Do aethists get accepted into heaven if it exists?
InternetTeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2018, 11:17 AM   #68
Axrow

Axrow's Forum Picture

Name: Az

Quote:

Ah but that's the thing. It is not obvious. Cause where does that morality come from? Is it relative? Cause for some people they might not see anything wrong with killing. So if morality is objective, it has to be imposed by something outside of it and something that can follow it. That means that we are under that law and accountable for our own sins, as all of us fall short of maintaining perfection. Being kind is not ignored as in coming to Jesus, people change to become more like Him. You can't just premeditate murder with the intention of going to God, because He knows our heart. In knowing our hearts too someone who wants to commit mass murder generally would not turn to him as their hearts are hardened/selfish etc. And if they did, they would be inclined to want to repay the people they wronged and help others if they were to have new life in Him.
Axrow is offline   Reply With Quote