Old November 4th, 2017, 08:31 PM   #8
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT
Default Re: Ask a Christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devotionnel View Post
What is Christianity like in general when it comes to other religions that aren't associated with Christianity?

Do all Christians believe that homosexuality is a sin or is it only certain groups who believe this?
Like others have said it’s really different. I know from when I was going to a catholic school just a couple years ago, we were taught that or was a sin. Just like masturbation and premariatial sex is also. But even the Catholic Church is beginning to make changes as time goes on about same sex issues. But still, some individual parishes develop their own flavor I feel you will on many topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewLeafsFan View Post
I'm a Christian and I don't believe that baptism is a requirement to enter heaven. Are you trying to say that the babies that die in child birth go directly to hell?
I was taught in catholic school,basically yes. I don’t necessarily believe that, but I’m also not catholic.
I was finally baptized last year into the Protestant or gongregational faith. Typically babies are baptizes, I was almost 16. For me I felt a need to make a commitment to god and a belief. Not necessarily ridding my soul of original sin

But I also agree with @SethfromMI that maybe babies shouldn’t be baptized. They can’t make that decision at that time. Personally I believe that an all loving and all forgiving god will know when you pass how much remorse you have for your sins, if that’s even a thing.

Voted most likely to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Just JT is offline   Reply With Quote