Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 24th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #1
Alipio

Default men shaving legs

Hi

I would jut like to know is it normal for men to shave there legs, ive got hairy legs and it is embarrising because some people just look at them the whole time. im thinking of shaving my legs but not sure if this is normal?
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:04 AM   #2
RunningFree

RunningFree's Forum Picture

Default Re: men shaving legs

Some men shave their legs, like swimmers, athletics and cyclist. Some men just shave their legs because they want to. But because it's not classified as "the norm" your legs will be looked at even more so.

I suggest maybe just cutting your hairy legs with scissors to make the hair shorter.

Big shot screaming "put your hands in the sky"
He screamed "give it up boy, give it up or you're gonna die"
Old August 24th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #3
Gumleaf
Former Whatever

Gumleaf's Forum Picture

Name: Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningFree View Post
Some men shave their legs, like swimmers, athletics and cyclist. Some men just shave their legs because they want to. But because it's not classified as "the norm" your legs will be looked at even more so.

I suggest maybe just cutting your hairy legs with scissors to make the hair shorter.

i agree, its not normal for a guy to shave his legs unless its for some good reason. i would recommend not doing it.

stephen

Always Hawthorn

Hawthorn Football Club

Strong As One

~Laura was here~
~Jessi should have been here~
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #4
tmkf

me and my family went on holiday once, and there was this barman, and we all looked, at his legs, people notice them if they are shaved.
Old August 24th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #5
Crazysam
Nice Poster

Crazysam's Forum Picture

Yeah its perfectly normal! Don't worry if you want to you can!

Love me for what I am hate me for what I am not
Old August 24th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Serenity
Banned

Name: Valerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazysam View Post
Don't worry if you want to you can!
Exactly. If you want to shave your legs, do it- it's the same concept with women, believe it or not. I know several women who don't see the point in shaving so they simply don't. You might get noticed more, but if your hairy legs make you uncomfortable there's no one to say you have to live with it. I personally find guys with shaved legs very attractive

Last edited by Serenity; August 24th, 2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: typo
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #7
Sage
Banned

Name: Sage

I've never shaved my legs. They're a tad hairier than a lot of people I know, but it doesn't bother me. If you don't like people looking at it, try wearing pants rather than shorts more often.
Old August 24th, 2007, 02:44 PM   #8
smarti20067

smarti20067's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallstel View Post
I've never shaved my legs. They're a tad hairier than a lot of people I know, but it doesn't bother me. If you don't like people looking at it, try wearing pants rather than shorts more often.
thats's waht I do as well, in public and a t school i always wear jeans, and at home i mostly wear shorts
Old August 24th, 2007, 05:07 PM   #9
IAMSAM
Legendary Member

Name: Sam!

Two things here. First, I have to tell you that little thingy you've got telling me you're going to hack my PC ofends my sensibilities, so I have to say this: Although I'm not in charge, I'd personally like you to get rid of it. We're a friendly place, threats (joking or not) won't get you very far. I do, however, like the idea of showing people their ISP when they register as a way of thwarting pedos and the like from hanging out here.

ok, to answer your Q, I do not think you should shave your legs. Hairs on your legs are a part of being a guy, and I think it's better to get used to it, even if you're a bit self conscious about it. I'm assuming the hairs are not the result of a weird medical condition, that you don't look like a neanderthal or anything. And unlike girls who shave, it's not a typical cultural custom for guys to shave their legs. It's a temporary solution to a life long issue, and it only looks good until the stubble grows back.

There's alot that changes during puberty, alot of it uncomfortable. Those who master it seem to do so by dealing with it directly, rather than looking for ways out of it, especially when those ways might make you even more different than you might now feel.
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:35 AM   #10
lovestospooge

i dont think it should be embarrassing. i have really hairy legs, and allot of girls tell me its sexy =)
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:49 AM   #11
The Resurrected One
Banned

Name: Johnny K

I shave my legs all the time. I shave them so well, people who only see my legs think I'm a lady. In fact, I am a lady.
Old August 26th, 2007, 03:50 AM   #12
dmaready

Guys are supposed to have hairy legs, or at least that's what I thought. If the hair is ridiculous then trim it but don't shave them completely. In my school you would get made fun of. Heck, one guy shaved his legs for the Womenless Beauty Pageant (A think we have at my school. Guys dress as girls in a Beauty contest. Pretty funny) and he got laughed at. Jokingly in his case. But back to the point just trim. No shave.
Old August 26th, 2007, 01:42 PM   #13
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningFree View Post

I agree with this

Man, it's not my place to say whether you should shave your legs or not. Go for it if you want to
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #14
M-Guy

Its annoying for me coz lots of guys i know have less hairier legs than mine, and so I just wear pants all the time but it is hard when u go to the beach...
Ur in a tricky position coz if u shave it, it is noticeable that u shaved it, so ur going from one extreme to the next... it sucks
Whatever u do though not cut with scissors unless u wanna do it on a regular basis because it'll grow back longer!!!
Good luck anyway.
Old August 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM   #15
LateForTheSky
Banned

Name: Jackson

Trimming it with scissors is a bad idea unless u are a hairdresser. It would look ridiculous if u had uneven leg hair. Shave them if u want that wont look as stupid. I would leave it, Theres something attractive about a man with hairy legs
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #16
Archduke Robert of France
Member++

Archduke Robert of France's Forum Picture

Hmm, contrary to what everyone here says, guys at my school shave their legs. Mostly because they are, or pretend to be, athletic and are required to shave their legs to use the weight room. I personally don't, but I don't really care because I never wear shorts.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1...ookcopysg4.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abefroman
Does anyone cook with raccoon? I have a large number of racoons on my property, does anyone have recipes?
Old August 28th, 2007, 01:26 AM   #17
jakejohn

jakejohn's Forum Picture

if i had hairy legs, i would think about shaving them too
do whatever you want!
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM   #18
Sugaree
Friend of the Devil

Sugaree's Forum Picture

Name: Matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alipio View Post
Hi

I would jut like to know is it normal for men to shave there legs, ive got hairy legs and it is embarrising because some people just look at them the whole time. im thinking of shaving my legs but not sure if this is normal?
Lol. My mom always ask the question "Why don't you shve your legs?" lol! I guess I'm just not comfortable doing it. Sometimes my hair on my legs is drak and sometimes it's light lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter.Tomorrow View Post
Hello again VirtualTeen. you blackhole.

No tears to cry
No feelings left
This species has
Amused itself to death
Last.FM
Old September 2nd, 2007, 12:12 AM   #19
Cristian0007

Yeah i don't need to shave my legs it is not that long yet but i would not recomend it
Old September 2nd, 2007, 06:08 PM   #20
Camazotz
Seor Waddles

Camazotz's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

Well, I have really hairy legs, and girls tell me I should shave it. But I dont, because its not really normal for a guy to shave them. I only trimmed them once, but I cant really tell the difference.

Ѐņ ߀خ Ί∩خ
~Laura was here~