Is someone there who started and has already stoped? If yes, please tell me how

*Sry for the mistakes
amybah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 01:28 PM   #2
Dying Ember
Member++

Name: Maya
Default Re: First cut

Stopping self harming is never easy, and it will probably take a while. I've been self harming for over a year, and after numerous failed attempts to stop, I decided that what I needed to do was to take it one step at a time. To stop completely just like that most likely won't work to be completely honest. What im trying to do is try and make the self harming less frequent and less 'sever' and hopefully after some time I'll be able to stop completely. Unfortunately, once you start self harming, its a very difficult habit to break. I wish you the best of luck <3
Dying Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 03:14 PM   #3
amybah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Ember View Post
Stopping self harming is never easy, and it will probably take a while. I've been self harming for over a year, and after numerous failed attempts to stop, I decided that what I needed to do was to take it one step at a time. To stop completely just like that most likely won't work to be completely honest. What im trying to do is try and make the self harming less frequent and less 'sever' and hopefully after some time I'll be able to stop completely. Unfortunately, once you start self harming, its a very difficult habit to break. I wish you the best of luck <3

I agree completely with you! I hope that you can stay strong for a while (a big while)

Thanks and good luck for you too
Old February 1st, 2015, 06:38 PM   #4
The Faulted

My first time cutting was simply a way to try and take out my emotions. It didn't really help me at all, and just caused me more stress. I didn't do it at all after that. It just wasn't a coping mechanism that worked for me. Instead I turned to alcohol.
The Faulted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 11:04 PM   #5
romes3

Name: Roma

I've been cutting for two years now. I started after an abusive relationship, and

now do it whenever I'm upset. I've tried stopping many times, but always end

up relapsing. The longest I've gone without was 6 months, and everyday was a

challenge. I love music, so for me I poured my emotion into my music. I'm

trying to stop again though. It's definitely not easy, but it will be worth it in the

end!
romes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2015, 09:26 AM   #6
amybah

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Faulted View Post
My first time cutting was simply a way to try and take out my emotions. It didn't really help me at all, and just caused me more stress. I didn't do it at all after that. It just wasn't a coping mechanism that worked for me. Instead I turned to alcohol.
That's the true. We cut and for a while we feel relieved but then is worst.

I think you shouldn't drink alcohol, my friend. That's not healthy at all and you can find out help

If you want to talk, send me a message

I'm sorry :c

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by romes3 View Post
I've been cutting for two years now. I started after an abusive relationship, and

now do it whenever I'm upset. I've tried stopping many times, but always end

up relapsing. The longest I've gone without was 6 months, and everyday was a

challenge. I love music, so for me I poured my emotion into my music. I'm

trying to stop again though. It's definitely not easy, but it will be worth it in the

end!
I feel you, sis. I started self harming for (almost) the same reason

I think it's a good idea try to distract yourself with something you like

I wish you the best of luck to get over it <3

Last edited by Living For Love; February 14th, 2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Merging. Please use "Multi" button next time. ~Tiago.
Old February 12th, 2015, 10:04 PM   #7
Armyboydevon99

i started cutting for a release and i am 11 days clean right now
Armyboydevon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 01:20 PM   #8
amybah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyboydevon99 View Post
i started cutting for a release and i am 11 days clean right now

That's very good! Go on!
I'm 2 days :/
Old February 14th, 2015, 02:21 PM   #9
Abhorrence
Death

Abhorrence's Forum Picture

I made my first cut in March 2011, when I was 12 years old. I got extremely angry one night and smashed a cup against the wall. I sat there for a while and in a moment of madness picked up one of the pieces and slashed my forearm. It hurt a lot but I felt more at peace. I would cut with razor blades on my thighs every once in a while that year. Sometime during year 8 when I was 13 I was in a really popular crowd of people, I wasn't myself at all but he found out that I had been self-harming. I confessed everything to him and he just didn't care whatsoever. I carried on being in that group for quite a while until year 9 (so end of 2012). In December 2012 the cutting became more frequent. I started doing it on my arms as well as my thighs. I carried this on and in February 2013 I found out that my girlfriend had also been cutting. I tried to stop for her but the pressure of her depression as well as mine made me a lot worse. I would only cut on my thighs so I could hide it from her but the cuts were getting worse and deeper and more dangerous. Everything was extremely bad and in August 2013 I saved her from a suicide attempt. The hospital and the police were terrifying and I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't handle my own mental illness as well as hers so I broke up with her. It was still more or less on and off until around February 2014 but it all eventually ended and I was with someone else and was getting happier. I had started cutting less and less again, the scars on my arm were fading (but not the deep ones on my thighs). I would have months or weeks clean at a time and I felt like I was getting better. But things got worse again in 2014, around June. I had just broken up with my girlfriend but I wasn't overly upset about that. However, it was around this time that I started drinking. I had never been drunk before last year and when I did a lot of bad shit happened. I ended up starting a relationship with my best friend, a guy. He made me feel so happy and so loved and I... I don't think I liked it. I started cutting again, a lot more. I wanted to feel the pain because I felt like I didn't deserve the happiness he gave me. I ended up pushing him away because I didn't want that happiness and I also didn't want to be perceived as a "faggot" and I couldn't cope with the jokes our friends would make. I had an all over breakdown from September - October 2014. I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't speak to people and I would just stay in my house pretty much all the time. My attendance at school was extremely bad and I downright refused to talk to my best friend (who was now my ex). I attempted suicide multiple times during this period and the scars on my arms returned and the scars on my thighs got worse. I couldn't handle seeing him everyday so I pretty much stopped talking to everyone in my friends group. I became a loner. One day though, I got drunk once again. I visited my friends and became friends with a lot of them again - I rejoined the group at school and slowly started being able to speak to him again. It was a slow process, every time he would get near me I would tense up and I would walk away very fast. But eventually I got close enough to him to be friends again and I stayed round his house one night. During the night when he was asleep, I felt okay. I had something click in my brain that said I didn't need to cut anymore. I don't know how it happened but I messaged my friend and told her that I wasn't going to (she's the only one that knows about most of this). I haven't cut since then. It was November 18th 2014. I'm now nearly three months clean. I had another suicide attempt in January 2015, but it wasn't related to this I just felt like dying.

I feel as though things are going well for me. And I hope they continue.

Nothing will be waiting for you at the end of this life.

Ask // Private Message
~Mike was here~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
Spooky scary labia
Abhorrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 02:31 PM   #10
Living For Love
Live To Tell

Living For Love's Forum Picture

Mod note: a trigger warning has been added to this thread.

Retired H&A Moderator

~Mike was here~
Living For Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2015, 12:05 PM   #11
Sleepless_Shadow

Name: Becky
Default Re: [TRIGGER WARNING] First cut

(Maybe triggering i do apologise) I first cut in 2008 when i was 12/13, not to sure I've blocked most of it out. I still cut in 2011/12. I did it because through all the misery and sadness i was feeling, cutting made it go away. The rush of endorphines just made everything better, but as everyone knows it doesn't last so you carry on doing it.
I now do not cut, in the last two years I may have scratched myself with my nails a couple of times but I don't class it as a relapse.
I don't feel controlled by it anymore, I just want to say it does get better.
I know from others that talking does make it easier, but for me I did it on my own.
I used my own will power because I told myself I deserve better and I can't carry on hating myself so much.
I still get down and upset sometimes and feel like 'if i cut this would be easier', but I'm worth more than that. We all are. Realise you're important and that 'just one more cut' will never be the last <3 <3
Sleepless_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2015, 04:50 PM   #12
Broken Toy
Nice Poster

Broken Toy's Forum Picture

Name: brandon

January last year

I was sick of caring for people who couldnt give a shit.

Then stayed clean till april, now here i am coming full circle (26 days clean till recently, shit.)

'My dad used to say "fight fire with fire" which is probably why he got kicked out of the fire brigade' | 'my wife sent a photograph to the lonely hearts club, they sent it back saying they werent that lonely' - the wonderful les dawson, RIP | 'never trust a man wish short legs, his brains near his bottom' | 'infamy infamy, theyve all got it in for me' - the amazing kenneth williams RIP
Broken Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 03:47 AM   #13
Damon16b

Damon16b's Forum Picture

Name: Damon

***TRIGGER WARNING***

I can't remember my first cut, it was too long ago, Im pretty sure I was only 14 though..
I used to steal scalpels from my schools biology lab to do it but i haven't down that in over a year
Currently I'm about 16 hours free.. :/

Its a terrible thing and Ive seen the most negative effects it can have on someone, Ive tried to stop many time but I just find it too difficult. But thats not to say that the ways I've tried to stop won't help you.

the most common things I've seen are the 'rubber band method':This is where you wear a rubber band around your wrist and then whenever you feel like cutting you 'snap' it against you skin, it'll sting but won't cause any major damage.

The 'ice method': This is pretty much squeezing an ice cube in your hand when you feel like cutting, the numbing sensation it gives is a good, safe alternative.

The 'sharpie method': This method is the least destructive and involves drawing red marks on your skin with a pen/sharpie when you feel like cutting, it'll give you the impression of the blood but without being dangerous.

Hopefully these will work for you, Im always here if you need someone to talk to!

"Thats the thing about pain, it demands to be felt"
Damon16b is offline   Reply With Quote