Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 13th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #1
Falk 'Ace' Flyer
Nice Poster

Falk 'Ace' Flyer's Forum Picture

Post ____________, My Anti-Cut

Okay, it may seem corny, but maybe this will help people who harm themselves a lot and want to stop. I want there to be two mainly kinds of posts:

1. Somebody who has "self-harmed" before and found a way to stop, or somebody who has a good suggestion of what to do instead.

2. Somebody who does it right now and just wants to express themselves.

I'll start us off, I guess. While I've never cut before, or done anything of the sort, after being here for a whil I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I realize there's really just one thing that makes me feel better when I want to be alone and just escape: play video games. I constantly get wrapped up in the virtual world, actually being there to snipe that terrorist or rescue that princess. I've been a gamer all my life, so it kind of brings me away. So, if you're looking for an alternative, think of the funnest thing you did when you were a kid. Was it something your grandfather introduced you to? Or maybe you got a great toy for your birthday. Just think back and try to pick whatever it was up again. Always works for me.

Worked List
  • Family (3)
  • (Boy / Girl) Friends (3)
  • The World
  • Writing

Suggested List
  • A favorite pastime / hobby (2)

Why does a chicken coop only have two doors?

Looking for a good time? Of course you are! Wanna make $10 the easy way? Me too! So take a gander at my awesome blog and enjoy yourself, champ; you deserve it!

Last edited by Falk 'Ace' Flyer; March 21st, 2008 at 11:49 AM.
Falk 'Ace' Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 12:57 AM   #2
electric7rocker
Member++

electric7rocker's Forum Picture

Default Re: ____________, My Anti-Cut

MY anti-cut...
basshunter
its so awesome...
i was really mad and depressed today, and i just got the music, so i put it on and blocked everyone out and within seconds i was happy and dancing
try it!!!!

...but she was blind to this...

~i am rowan hear me roar
electric7rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 01:10 AM   #3
Kaleidoscope Eyes
VT Lover

Kaleidoscope Eyes's Forum Picture

Name: Jessi

I have several anti-cuts. One being my mom. Seeing her cry when she realized that I was cutting and how much pain I was in... I don't ever want to see that again. Another is my boyfriend. I know he'd be sad if I started cutting again, and I like to do my best to never be the cause of his sadness. It's easier to be there for him when I'm not the problem. But in the moment, when I feel like I want to cut, my first thought is of my sister. Somehow, I know she's watching me still, and I don't want her to see me hit that low again.

Jessi the Gweat and Tewwible
Do not offend the chair leg of truth. It is wise and terrible.

~Laura was here~
Kaleidoscope Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #4
Crystal-Clear
Junior Member+

Crystal-Clear's Forum Picture

My Best friend (BIFF!) and my Boyfriend, they would be so dissapointed in me, and I don't want that, not for the world. I want to be someone they can be proud of. So whenever I have want too, I go and talk to one of them, so I can phone or e-mail or catch them on msn.

The other thing I do is either draw, write stuff down, or just lose myself on my DS

I've been cut free for a year and 7 months now, so it works for me. But everyones different, so different things work for different people.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard
Crystal-Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 04:43 AM   #5
Axellance
Nice Poster

Axellance's Forum Picture

Name: Lance

I cut in the past and what heps me is to come onto vt and talk to people about whats bothering me, it also helps to call a good friend or a relitive and just talk not necicarraly tell them abour your cutting, but talk i find it helps to calm me down. You can also take your anger out on an non living thing (EG: a pillow, bed, couch)

"Be yourself! Limitation is suicide!"
~Lance~
Axellance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #6
Zephyr
Retired Administrator

Zephyr's Forum Picture

Name: Steph

Life, my anti cut.

Life is amazing, life encompasses everything.
But what I realized is this: Take a look outside of yourself for a minute and look at the world. It's amazing. Take a peak out of your window... look at the light and everything that it touches. It's all so beautiful in it's own way. I realized that there is more to this world than my inner turmoil. I can take all of my pain and turn it into something beautiful rather than the scars on my body. I turned my pain into compassion, understanding and love for others. I found my salvation in helping other people who were just like me, trying to get them to realize the same things... essentially that life is a beaufitul beautiful gift that you need to make the most of and that you need to try to make the best of every day, no matter what happens. To have faith in themselves and others, even when it seems impossible. I realized that you have to look at the positives instead of the negatives because otherwise you're never gong to be happy.

I have been cut-free for 3 years now = )

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky.
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly.

✯ Alis Volat Propriis ✯

Last edited by Zephyr; March 20th, 2008 at 05:58 PM.
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2008, 09:59 PM   #7
Falk 'Ace' Flyer
Nice Poster

Thanks everybody who replied! Hopefully this can become a thread to help people looking to stop cutting/harming themselves. I've added (I believe) everbody's ideas to the proper lists, but if you have another one or even one that's already there, please, share your idea / experience!

Looking for a good time? Of course you are! Wanna make $10 the easy way? Me too! So take a gander at my awesome blog and enjoy yourself, champ; you deserve it!
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM   #8
-Silence
...La De Dah!

-Silence's Forum Picture

Name: Heather, Duh.

Ben is a big reason that I've gone so long without cutting, I hated seeing him afterwards, I felt so ashamed him seeing me in long sleeves and him trying not to cry but just hold me. I couldn't do that anymore. Other than him, my brother and sister, I already have alot of scars that they see and they ask about, but I couldn't imagine me slipping and accidently going to deep and my parents explaining to them what happened. Lastly, I'm just tired of that lifestyle, cutting myself just so I could fall asleep at night is pretty pathetic. Bringing a razor with me where ever I went was horrible, cutting myself during the passing of classes in high school in the bathroom, I'm not doing that again.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.
-Calvin & Hobbes.
-Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM   #9
Falk 'Ace' Flyer
Nice Poster

Glad to know you've stopped! Great suggestions everybody. Remember, almost everything here has worked, soif you need a way out, think about your family and friends, or just how much more there is outside of yourself.