Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #21
xDarkAngelx
Awesome Poster

Name: George
Default Re: Your worst injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte93 View Post
Ya seriously it's mental dude some people can't controle it and at first it may just be a stupid idea but it manifests itself as a coping mecenisum in your brain some people just can't stop even if they think about the things like children suffering from malnutrishion and as for the whole anerxia subject and the malnurished kids again its all in the mind. People have problomes that they have to deal with in there oun way and cutting yourself or having an ed or being suicidle is a personal problome and the reason all these people are here is because they want help. I'm not trying to be rude or criticize the way you think but maybe you should be careful when you say stuff like that because thats only going to make people feel worse and could posibly be a trigger for cutting, and this goes to all those other people who coment on threds like this, you have to think about what you post and how it could affect other people espeshaly when dealing with things like this.
Well written!
For me I've been cutting quite deep but not enough for stitches.

10/7/12
18/7/12
1/10/12
12/12/12
xDarkAngelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #22
xktx

xktx's Forum Picture

Name: Katie

I cut too deep once and had to have some of those home stitches ... but nothing worse tbh
xktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #23
CyanideGoodnight
Nice Poster

CyanideGoodnight's Forum Picture

Name: Ashley

Deepest I went was wtih a sewing needle, I just pushed it in as far as I thought I should, it didn't bleed much, and didn't hurt much either. You could see a tiny hole but... nothing comming out of it. I don't know how deep it was. Longest I went was at least seven inches, just a bunch of scratches going from my leg to right under my shoulderblade. I did a few long deep ones, I don't know how deep but the longest scar I have was three inches about, but now it's faded into about two inches long.

Never enough for stitches or medical attention though, but only because I'm slightly paranoid about getting caught.

All the drugs in this world won't save her from herself

my tumblr
CyanideGoodnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #24
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Worst for me was on my arm... seven inches long and an inch deep. Left it without stitches though I may have done some serious damage there. It still aches on occasion.

Also the night I made 421 cuts from my wrist to my shoulder all in one go.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #25
Aceso
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisgray View Post
Are these all self harmed injurys

I've never self harmed cause I find it pointless that someone would want to kill themselves when there is a lot of people worse off in the world who would love to have their life
People who cut aren't necessarily suicidal, and it is simply another coping mechanism. Everybody has coping mechanisms and everyone self harms in some respect if you choose to view it like that (Sticking needles into the 1st layer of skin, taking overly sour sweets etc.) It's all for the fun kind of pain. Obviously that's not what real self harm is about, it ISN'T fun and certainly not for attention...I pity people who do it for attention.
Sure, other people have worse lives but I've seen some pretty shocking things on here alone and can fully understand their need to channel their emotions...everyone has to channel them somehow. I'm sure you've been in a situation where you feel like you can't tell anyone how you feel....I get that a lot, and this is the reason for my self harm. There are so many reasons for it though and maybe one day you will realise that we aren't just talking about some petty teenage problem....these are real people with real crisis's going on and each one is individual. Sometimes a 'shrink' doesn't always work. In fact, statistics say a only a third it helps, a third it does nothing for and a third it even makes worse.
That's just my opinion on this situation.

~
Trying to break free.
Aceso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #26
xdancing_for_rainx
Member++

xdancing_for_rainx's Forum Picture

To agree with everybody who has made statements better explaining self-harm- for some it is a way to release pain. It's a way to feel something when you're numb, a way to self punish, or calm yourself if you feel too much. It's using physical pain to release emotional pain, which are two very different things. Yes, physical pain is terrible, and many people are in horrible situations with starvation, thirst etc. Also, many people are abused, bullied, and neglected each day. Self-harm may seem stupid or trivial at first, but if you start doing it, it can be difficult to quit. I never saw myself hurting myself when I was younger, and didn't see why people would want to do such a thing... but look where I am now. For those who've criticised, get some more information before you start judging. It's not like you help at all.

Anyway, I've had several kinda bad injuries. Lots that bleed for a really long time and get infected. A couple real deep ones... but never in a way to need stitches. Got lots of scars everywhere from harming...

"God take me, because I hate me"

"Burn it down, till the embers smoke on the ground. And start new, when your heart is an empty room..."
"Tear my heart open, I sew myself shut. And my weakness is that I care too much.
My scars remind me that the past is real. I tear my heart open just to feel..."
xdancing_for_rainx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #27
louisgray
Member+

louisgray's Forum Picture

Name: louis

I respect what your saying people, I have cut myself down my arm with a butchers knife( accident ) needed sticthes and I just cudnt see how someone would channel their emotions through it , but I respect that everyone has their own ways of channeling aggression etc
louisgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #28
Harlequin

Harlequin's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

Recently? cut my foot wide open on the side of a smooth boat.

my really bad one? cracked my skull open on a piano and twice more on a rocking chair.

Little kids check under their beds for monsters.
Monsters check under their beds for Chuck Norris.
Chuck norris checks under his bed for Duke Nukem.
Duke Nukem checks under his bed for Gordon Freeman.
Gordon Freeman checks under his bed to check if his crowbar is still there.
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #29
flumeendeavors

flumeendeavors's Forum Picture

Name: Brooke

Oh i definitely cut myself so deep on my forearm that i needed 15 stitches and i was admitted to the hospital.

Swim for the music that saves you, even when you're not so sure you'll survive. -Jack's Mannequin

http://www.flumeendeavors.tumblr.com

Brooke:.
flumeendeavors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #30
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia

Guys, this is starting to get off topic. If you want to continue with this discussion, take it to PM or VM, this is your final warning. Please stick to the OP.

Anyways, I've never cut deep enough to need stitches, but there was one time where I was up most of the night trying to decide whether or not it was bad enough to wake my mum and ask her to take me to hospital. It kept bleeding through the night, and was bleeding on and off the next day or two, but it didn't need stitches, which is good That was my worst that I can think of right now.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #31
The Dudeh

The Dudeh's Forum Picture

Name: Robert

Worst I ever did was just a small one about an inch long on my arm. It was pretty deep and there was quite a bit of blood. I generally prefer quantity over 'quality'.

do I end up happy?
The Dudeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 02:04 PM   #32
RakshaMalayka
Junior Member+

Name: Ciara

Im always careful with my self harm. I can not afford to get caught. I cut myself to where i have to bind them under my clothes, and I have beaten my ribs and thighs so hard that ive bruised the bones. and ive got burns on my stomach and the back of my neck.........
RakshaMalayka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 12:14 PM   #33
ShadowGirl

ShadowGirl's Forum Picture

Nerve damage from cutting and some very noticeable scars that won't go away
ShadowGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:08 PM   #34
mundyjoyce

Name: mundy

One time I was so out of it I had a new razor blade that had never been used and I cut my leg...I never felt it and didn't realize it was deep, but it didn't completely stop bleeding for a couple of days..It needed stitches, but then I would have been found out and also I wouldn't have been able to better my lying skills
mundyjoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM   #35
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Lots of them got stitches, another good amount of them needed stitches but I never went in to get them and took care of it myself. I've had my good razors taken away from me though, and now I can't even buy them because my girlfriend used to self-harm as well and I can't do that to her just because I want to cut as deep as I used to. So I guess that's over. But the worst of the damage I've done is the scarring from not getting stitches. Well, damage I've done cutting at least.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM   #36
Hunter Lily
Junior Member+

Name: hunter

I once broke two fingers because i was in a phase where i would not cut, but smack my hands down on hard objects. And i broke two fingers :/

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.
Hunter Lily is offline   Reply With Quote