Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Notices

Old September 16th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #1
SmokyChica

SmokyChica's Forum Picture

Name: Corinne
Unhappy The Word I'm Called

So there's this guy I've been dating for a little while now, and recently we took our relationship to a farther level than before. When I told my closest friend, he told me it was wrong because we haven't been dating all that long and has since refused to talk to me. When I got my friend to ask him why, his answer was that he had certain morals of who he was friends with and this made me someone he couldn't be seen with; basically, he's calling me a slut. This isn't the first time I've been called one, and now I'm cutting again from this. I can't stand being called this word, but at this point I don't know what to do. Any advice?
SmokyChica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #2
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Re: The Word I'm Called

If he was that close of a friend, he'd respect that it was your body, your decision. Just forget about him.

As far as being called a "slut", kids are really stupid. Don't listen to them. You do what feels best for you.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #3
Broken Toy
Nice Poster

Broken Toy's Forum Picture

Name: brandon

IM slightly unhappy.
You let that guy get to you.
How.did you let that guy get to you. He is clearly jealous that you have trustful relationships and stuff when he clearly doesn't. I can prove hes jealous because why would he stop talking to you if he really thought you were 'that'. It wouldn't matter. And if hes like that do you really want to be friends with him. The important thing to do is show him how happy you are without him. You aren't 'that' and wont be just because one guy said so. I think you sound really nice.

'My dad used to say "fight fire with fire" which is probably why he got kicked out of the fire brigade' | 'my wife sent a photograph to the lonely hearts club, they sent it back saying they werent that lonely' - the wonderful les dawson, RIP | 'never trust a man wish short legs, his brains near his bottom' | 'infamy infamy, theyve all got it in for me' - the amazing kenneth williams RIP
Broken Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #4
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Ignore it.

Yep, that sounds like the stupidest advice ever. It is mean, it is derogatory, it is unnecessary. But it's a word. And words only have power over us if we let them.

I get called a bitch for standing up for myself and what I believe I deserve. I used to cut over being called that. Now I embrace it. Yeah, I'm a bitch. I may be a bitch to some people but I'm not hurting anyone and I'm happy. So who cares what people call me?

Slut is just a word. You can do whatever you want with your body as long as you're comfortable with it on your own time frame. Anyone who calls you a slut for it is an idiot.

Don't cut over what one idiot says. You are much more than that. We choose what affects us and what doesn't. Insults can become empowering if you know how to embrace them and tell everyone who uses them to shove off. If you don't react, they get no satisfaction and it loses its power for them and only gives more to you.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 07:32 PM   #5
Feraligatr
Water Type

Feraligatr's Forum Picture

I would avoid him and stop communicating with him. He clearly bullies you. You shouldn't retaliate because that would be sinking to his level, which is never good. I can assure you that you're not a slut. He is probably jealous or is having problems with his own life. Although, it's never good to take it out on somebody else. Try and ignore him. I know that will be difficult because you seem irritated by this word. He knows it bothers you, so he isn't going to stop. You have to show him that this word won't affect you by ignoring it. In other words, resist the temptation to overreact. It is just a word, and it is absolutely not true.
Feraligatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #6
thatgothgirluknow
Great Poster

thatgothgirluknow's Forum Picture

Name: Jade/jordan

cutting doesnt make u a slut and if he cant respect u enough to try to help u through then hes not worth caring about trust me ur not a slut

u know u love the goth girl

do not live to survive but to thrive and secede

<font color=SlateGray><font size=5>BUTTERFLIES</font></font>
the rain comes before the rainbow
thatgothgirluknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 11:50 PM   #7
Perfectly Flawed
Member++

Perfectly Flawed's Forum Picture

Name: Kim

Slut isn't a real thing anyway. If you feel comfortable and happy with someone and want to have a sexual relationship then there is nothing wrong with that. Your "friend" sounds like they have some serious moral problems. Just ignore them.
Perfectly Flawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 02:08 AM   #8
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

I get called a faggot for no reason. Then I ask those guys if they can do something smarter in their lives, or shut up. They'd be smarter both ways.

Male/Serb nationalist/Centrist Authoritarian /Straight/Heliphobe
"Democracy is a dictatorship of the fools"
-Friedrich von Schiller (1759 1805)
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #9
Uranus
Mah Home

Uranus's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas (Yung Merk)

Read the first two sentences of my signature. I follow that. And its true. Now about the cutting...heres what I told my gf...."Ari, listen to me. You are stronger than this. You have gotten through so much shit worse than this. Now don't ever hurt yourself again. Every cut you put upon yourself is a mark that says you chose to give up and you would have to live with that the rest of your life. Now put the knife down and don't ever do it again. I'm not asking." Ever since then.. She hasn't cut herself and is doing better. I don't know you but I believe we are all strong. We just have to believe in ourselves and put aside all the bad thoughts and focus on who we really are. If he calls you a slut. That ain't right. My gf was called a whore when the cutting started. I know this probably isn't much help.. But good luck ��

#ThugLife
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #10
Triceratops
VT Lover

Slut-shaming is wrong and unacceptable. The only thing you can do really is not listen to it and realise that the person who said this to you is very ignorant.

I've been called a whole range of insults that made me want to self-harm. It is difficult to ignore them sometimes because words do hurt. But please do ignore this idiot who said that to you, someone like that doesn't deserve to have that kind of power over you.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote