Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 5th, 2014, 02:58 AM   #1
Dalcourt

Dalcourt's Forum Picture

Name: Peanut
Default Self harm as part of my anger management

Three days ago I had a terrible fight with a friend and in the process I cut my arm with my knife...and I know I had probably hurt him if I hadn't cut myself.
I screamed at him and felt like I snap so I took my knife pressed it to my arm and just ran away from him.
It might sound weird but I feel sometimes hurting myself is the only way to stop myself from hurting others...and I mean like really physically harming them.

When I get mad I can get mad to the point where I don't know what I do...and hurting myself is the only thing that brings me back.

I have tried other things to contain my anger but nothing really seems to work...hurting myself isn't healthy but still healthier than hurting others...so I feel I'll never be able to stop self harming.

My therapist doesn't get it...so I just had to get this off my chest here, no need to comment on it, guys.
Dalcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 07:53 AM   #2
Seafood
Member+

Name: Mason
Default Re: Self harm as part of my anger management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut24 View Post
Three days ago I had a terrible fight with a friend and in the process I cut my arm with my knife...and I know I had probably hurt him if I hadn't cut myself.
I screamed at him and felt like I snap so I took my knife pressed it to my arm and just ran away from him.
It might sound weird but I feel sometimes hurting myself is the only way to stop myself from hurting others...and I mean like really physically harming them.

When I get mad I can get mad to the point where I don't know what I do...and hurting myself is the only thing that brings me back.

I have tried other things to contain my anger but nothing really seems to work...hurting myself isn't healthy but still healthier than hurting others...so I feel I'll never be able to stop self harming.

My therapist doesn't get it...so I just had to get this off my chest here, no need to comment on it, guys.
I get it. But to be honest I would have punched the guy. Friend or not, if they got me so fucking pissed then and there I would have just let it off.

I kinda have anger management and have cut myself due to anger. A cold shower helps.

Fuck em all.

Except you cutie.
Seafood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 11:35 AM   #3
RazorTourniquet
Junior Member+

RazorTourniquet's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood View Post
I get it. But to be honest I would have punched the guy. Friend or not, if they got me so fucking pissed then and there I would have just let it off.

I kinda have anger management and have cut myself due to anger. A cold shower helps.

Guys, I don't think that the idea of harming AT ALL is cool. I had such a person in my life, never wanted to get him pissed and when I did without a good enough reason I faced how awful violence can be. Don't cause damage, not to yourself not to anyone. Run, swim, take a shower, count to 10, scream, anything. But please... do no harm.

Is there life before death?
RazorTourniquet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #4
Ben_Frost
Member++

Ben_Frost's Forum Picture

Name: Benjamin

Self harming just won't help you and in the long run it'll turn out much worse for you. Probably harming stuff, like a stress doll, boxes, wooden blocks or anything you could hit without harming yourself would be better.

I should have known it was all a lie...

To another reality.
Ben_Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #5
Seafood
Member+

Name: Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorTourniquet View Post
Guys, I don't think that the idea of harming AT ALL is cool. I had such a person in my life, never wanted to get him pissed and when I did without a good enough reason I faced how awful violence can be. Don't cause damage, not to yourself not to anyone. Run, swim, take a shower, count to 10, scream, anything. But please... do no harm.
We are not glorifying it. Self harm fuckijg sucks. And it is not that easy to just stop, if you haven't self harmed you would never understand, sorry, but its true. I'm trying as hard as I can but I self harmed yesterday. Its not easy.

Fuck em all.

Except you cutie.
Seafood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 07:05 PM   #6
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

I used to self harm to stop myself from hurting others, mt medication helped with anger though so there days I do it for myself, not to protect others.

Quote:
It's not cool at all, it's ahorrible, damaging, painful addiction, if you had ever done it you'd realise it's not that easy to stop, you can't just decide one day "I'll just stop now, I'll take up running", doesn't work like that darling. It takes years to break the addiction, sometimes decades. Cancer is easier to cure than self harm...

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2014, 07:44 AM   #7
RazorTourniquet
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicNoodle View Post
I used to self harm to stop myself from hurting others, mt medication helped with anger though so there days I do it for myself, not to protect others.

It's not cool at all, it's ahorrible, damaging, painful addiction, if you had ever done it you'd realise it's not that easy to stop, you can't just decide one day "I'll just stop now, I'll take up running", doesn't work like that darling. It takes years to break the addiction, sometimes decades. Cancer is easier to cure than self harm...
I am a self harmer myself and I do it almost every time that I am angry. I am the bad example, I am an example of what you shouldn't be. But last time I was angry I stopped because my mind was distracted from another thing and I didnt have time to think. What I am trying to say is DISTRACT. I am not saying he will stop completely but he can reduce the frequency of happening.

Old October 7th, 2014, 08:12 AM   #8
TheN3rdyOutcast
Awesome Poster

Name: Willis

Quote:

This.
Whenever I get so angry that I want to pull a knife on somebody, I usually, go take a nap. It seems like a juvenile thing to do, but sleep helps us think better, it clears your thoughts, and by the time you awaken, you'll be prepared to face whatever problems is in your way, with a logical solution.
TheN3rdyOutcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #9
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

Quote:
I am a self harmer myself and I do it almost every time that I am angry. I am the bad example, I am an example of what you shouldn't be. But last time I was angry I stopped because my mind was distracted from another thing and I didnt have time to think. What I am trying to say is DISTRACT. I am not saying he will stop completely but he can reduce the frequency of happening.
Ahh I see, and apologise for my ignorance, if you self harm, you know yourself it's not cool, so why wouldn't everyone else who does? Seems like you just added that in for shits and giggles.

Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
Old October 7th, 2014, 12:49 PM   #10
RazorTourniquet
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicNoodle View Post
Ahh I see, and apologise for my ignorance, if you self harm, you know yourself it's not cool, so why wouldn't everyone else who does? Seems like you just added that in for shits and giggles.
I was just trying to help. Who knows. It worked for me, it might work for somebody else. I appreciate your sarcasm but please understand that I am only trying to help.

Last edited by RazorTourniquet; October 7th, 2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old October 7th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #11
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

Quote:
I was just trying to help. Who knows. It worked for me, it might work for somebody else. I appreciate your sarcasm but please understand that I am only trying to help.
Ye, I know your trying to help, but I wasn't actually using any sarcasm. Sorry if it seemed like I was.

Ask me shit

~Mike was here~