Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 17th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #1
AllTimeLoser

AllTimeLoser's Forum Picture

Name: Lauren
Default Hiding on holiday

going on holiday with my family in a few weeks and I need to hide scars and cuts of my arms and legs but can't wear long sleeves or trousers because we're going somewhere hot and I need to wear a swimming costume, and tips for hiding or lessening the appearance?

Hi!! I'm just... kinda floating about here, so if you ever need to talk I'm here <3
AllTimeLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2014, 06:01 PM   #2
Deleted User
Legendary Member

Default Re: Hiding on holiday

Basically a lot of bracelets or makeup. Using hairspray on the makeup usually makes it semi-water and sweat proof.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #3
AllTimeLoser

okay thanks, i'm pale so i'll need new makeup

Hi!! I'm just... kinda floating about here, so if you ever need to talk I'm here <3
Old September 29th, 2014, 05:44 PM   #4
Ambrosia
Awesome Poster

Ambrosia's Forum Picture

Name: Lexi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Widow View Post
Basically a lot of bracelets or makeup. Using hairspray on the makeup usually makes it semi-water and sweat proof.
Hairspray is the best advice ever invented for those who self harm. I discovered some concealed that is supposed to be able to hide black tattoos that I used for a long time. I think its like Hardy or Ed Hardy or something along those lines. Use it and hair spray it. It comes in hand until you're able to stop cutting and eventually not worry about hiding the scars

Good luck!

-Retired Global Moderator-
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 04:35 AM   #5
Triceratops
VT Lover

As you're from Scotland you'll prefer to buy make-up brands available in the UK. I've seen a lot of reviews on one of the top brands called Dermablend. They seem to be excellent at covering tattoos and burn marks so no doubt it will work pretty well on self harm scars. Dermablend isn't too expensive either considering the quality of their products. They are available in Boots as far as I know.

Other suggestions would be any high coverage foundations, concealers and a setting powder. As mentioned above hairspray is great but I wouldn't recommend you use them on open wounds (it will probably sting like a bitch).

Additionally, if you're going on holiday to somewhere hot and sunny then the sun does a good job at fading cuts somewhat when you are tanning. A few years ago when I went to Portugal the sun faded mine quite a bit, obviously not completely but a little fading is better than none.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #6
AllTimeLoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triceratops View Post
As you're from Scotland you'll prefer to buy make-up brands available in the UK. I've seen a lot of reviews on one of the top brands called Dermablend. They seem to be excellent at covering tattoos and burn marks so no doubt it will work pretty well on self harm scars. Dermablend isn't too expensive either considering the quality of their products. They are available in Boots as far as I know.

Other suggestions would be any high coverage foundations, concealers and a setting powder. As mentioned above hairspray is great but I wouldn't recommend you use them on open wounds (it will probably sting like a bitch).

Additionally, if you're going on holiday to somewhere hot and sunny then the sun does a good job at fading cuts somewhat when you are tanning. A few years ago when I went to Portugal the sun faded mine quite a bit, obviously not completely but a little fading is better than none.
thank you, I have no money for makeup but appreciate the advice anyway, and i'll try the sun tanning thanks