Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #1
JoshDude
Awesome Poster

JoshDude's Forum Picture

Default OCD or something else?

Okay, this will probably stump a lot of VT'ers! However, being a member for a few years I do have faith somebody will know what to do!

Okay well, I have been diagnosed with Social Anxiety. I recently began taking Zoloft for this reason. Anyway, for the past 3-5 years I have been battling Social Anxiety, and depression. However I am not diagnosed with depression. I believe I have a major issue, I just can't figure out what the heck it could be.

Let me try to explain.....: Okay, basically I have an obsessive tendancy to obsess over 1 particular thing at a time. I become so self involved that it's all I can think about. For example, at this time in my life I have a huge obsession with Trance music. Basically, my thoughts go out of control when I try to do other things that don't involve trance music. For example, if I try to play a video game, such as WoW or anything else, I feel almost guilty that I'm not putting my time into Trance music. Basically, if im not listening to it, i cant do anything except think about listening to it.

This happens with all sorts of things. I might be obsessed with a character from a movie, and try to act/look like that character. If this occurs, I cant play video games or watch other movies because i can only think about the character I am trying to be like.

WTF do I do? does anybody know what this is? I get really depressed each night because this thought process occurs so often.

Please help!
Old June 26th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #2
Triceratops
VT Lover

Default Re: OCD or something else?

This obsession you're experiencing sounds EXACTLY like a classic symptom from Autism/Asperger's Syndrome, and I mean to the exact detail. Don't worry, I'm not implying you have either of those conditions, but it's just something exactly that 99.9% of people with Autism or AS behave like, but I'm sure a few others will develop these actions even if they don't have this condition. A lot of other conditions such as depression, OCD and anxiety do commonly trail along with Autism with some people.

Although if you are concerned, maybe you might want to look into it a little more or ask your psychiatrist for further information, because it might be something else. Just a suggestion.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Old June 26th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #3
humanesquire
Member+

humanesquire's Forum Picture

Name: Will

I think it's CDO in alphabetical order, the way its supposed to be
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:22 AM   #4
thomasstuart

Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by uncontrollable, unwanted thoughts and repetitive, ritualized behaviors you feel compelled to perform. If you have OCD, you probably recognize that your obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors are irrational but even so, you feel unable to resist them and break free.repetitive behaviors is the symptom of OCD.
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #5
lemonpartier

lemonpartier's Forum Picture

Name: 123456
Default OCD or something else

Not one mention of Spinrite but you guys claim to be HDD OCD?
Old May 5th, 2010, 08:46 PM   #6
Aspiringanonymous
Awesome Poster

Please refrain from posting in very old threads - the OP last posted here almost a year ago.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Closed Thread