Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 26th, 2005, 10:01 PM   #1
Cable

Default Argilishoius

Man....

Am I desperate, or am i just stupid?

Gawd I just cant even make myslef talk to girls I like anymore.
I tried to get to know this one girl better, but she is waaaay too involved in her classwork, and I respect that, in fact thats what I like about her. But since she is so involved, she doesnt really even show interest in guys at all.

SO then theres this girl that Ive known for years, she rides my bus, and definetly takes interest in being my friend. But I (feebly) tried to flirt with her, and I dont think she even noticed. Then I cant even get the guts to ask her to hang out, not even when we get off the bus(she lives two houses down from me) and theres no one else around.

Then I start making excuses in my head for it like "it wouldnt work out anyway", and "I dont have time for that". But I know Im afriad of rejection. Im afriad that she doesnt even have the slightest interest in being more than just ftriends with me.

And I go through this battle and denial every time I get a "crush".

Am I desperate. or just stupid?
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2005, 10:21 PM   #2
Elokyn
Awesome Poster

Elokyn's Forum Picture

you're neither..your normal..and sometimes being normal is scary.

Fearing rejection..totally normal. You'll often make excuses as to why she wouldn't wanna be with you or why you wouldn't have time or how it wouldn't work out.....if you're in a relationship with someone you really care about you wanna be with each other more than anything...you always make time...and you always make it work out.......

The only way to start it up is to initiate it..face your fears and just let it happen....

"An it harm none, do what ye will."
Elokyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 04:48 PM   #3
Cable

Well Im going to a halloween dance with some of my friends. I didnt get a date but it should be fun anyway.

Im going to just calm down a bit and stop freaking out about it. Like they say "the best way to find something is to stop looking".

Thanks guys.
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #4
Cable

Do you think It wouldbe a bad idea to go to a dance without a date?
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:47 PM   #5
Elokyn
Awesome Poster

Elokyn's Forum Picture

No, I think if you're going with friends it should be fine. I don't really know first hand how people act when you show up without a date but from what I've heard it's no big deal..it doesn't matter...it shouldn't. and who knows...when you get there maybe you can ask some girls to dance.

"An it harm none, do what ye will."
Elokyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 08:17 PM   #6
ScotsGirl
Awesome Poster

I completely agree with Nykole
I have no idea about what your dances are like but it shouldnt matter.

Is the girl you like going to the dance?

Anyway, i hope you have a great time!

xxx
ScotsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:43 PM   #7
Cable

I dont know if ther even is a girl I like right now. The girl I really like has a bf, and the other one.... I like her, and I geuss she talks to me and jokes around, but I dont think shes really interested. And shes not going to the dance. I would like to ask her I am just not sure she wants to be on that level with me.

Im going with a few of my friends. One is ditching his date that he didnt really wnat to go with anyway becuase he said "he would have felt guilty if he said no". My other friend is bringing a a date, and a couple of his friends(girls) are also coming, and they dont have dates. I kinda like one of them, but I dont really know her.

Tommorrow is my last chance to ask a girl to the dance, but even if I dont, Im going anyway. Should I ask someone to go as friends? Or should I just try and dance with them at the dance? Or should I just forget about finding a date?