Old April 24th, 2019, 11:54 PM   #21
Sammi
Member++

Sammi's Forum Picture

Name: Samantha
Default Re: Cigarettes versus Weed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbsNotInteresting View Post
I think those benefits are mainly for people with minor pain and certain conditions rather than just the average smoker. What really kills people is the smoking part - cigarettes will kill someone faster than smoking weed. Vapour is much healthier on the lungs. I believe weed brownies are also okay and stuff like dipping tobacco is also way less damaging than smoking (it is quite gross though). The big difference there becomes that Nicotine is far more addictive and harder to stop and weed is more something you don't want to take before doing something like driving.

That's if they're both legal though. Weed is (wrongly IMO) illegal in many countries which adds extra danger and expense to it.
Actually dipping tobacco is really cancerous too
People lose their jaws etc
Sammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2019, 12:26 AM   #22
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster

LiberalTurboprop's Forum Picture

Name: Connor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi View Post
Actually dipping tobacco is really cancerous too
People lose their jaws etc
There is likely a link to oral and neck cancers but it is far less of a risk than smoking (and for those that forget those include "vascular abnormalities such as stenosis, lung cancer, heart attacks, strokes, impotence," to quote Wikipedia).
LiberalTurboprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 07:54 AM   #23
deactivated2000

deactivated2000's Forum Picture

Name: Justin

I think that they're both bad so..
deactivated2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 11:37 AM   #24
Xavier16

Name: Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonella View Post
Any underaged cigarette-smokers present here ? Is my feeling correct that smoking cigarettes is a "not-done" these days while smoking weed is "in" and popular ?

I do smoking cigs but I don't like weed (just tried it once)
Mmm I don't think I'd do either, although I don't judge, and respect others choices. The weed smell bothers me but my family smokes cigs so I'm ok with that smell. I personally think weed is disgusting but that's my OPINION. It's not my place to judge yknow?
Xavier16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 11:52 AM   #25
RyanIsGay24
Awesome Poster

RyanIsGay24's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Weed is more popular than cigs but vaping more popular than anything nd that is the most damaging for ur health. Ive never done either, hate the smell of both.

We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon
RyanIsGay24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 12:22 PM   #26
Falcons_11
VT Lover

Has anyone ever smoke a cigar? Is it the same as smoking a cigarette or weed? I've heard both are bad for you and cancer risks.

"Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one!"
Lt. General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 12:33 PM   #27
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons_11 View Post
Has anyone ever smoke a cigar? Is it the same as smoking a cigarette or weed? I've heard both are bad for you and cancer risks.
Haven't smoked one but from what I understand cigar smoke is not inhaled into the lungs but just into the mouth so it isn't as bad for the lungs. Cigars generally aren't seen as bad because most people smoke a cigar maybe once or twice a year compared to a lot of people who smoke cigarettes every day. Smoking a cigar regularly still puts you at risk of mouth and throat cancers though as well as nicotine addiction. Some people inhale a bit and that puts them at risk of lung cancer. Cigars are also quite big so I read smoking 5 cigars with moderate inhalation is the equivalent of smoking a pack of cigarettes.
Old April 27th, 2019, 06:30 PM   #28
Diable rouge
Great Poster

Diable rouge's Forum Picture

Name: Pseudo

I know people who do one or both but I strongly disapprove for any age
Diable rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2019, 11:38 PM   #29
yeehaw
cowboy superstar

yeehaw's Forum Picture

Name: shanie

I have absolutely no intention of ever trying cigarettes or weed, it’s just never appealed to me. A lot of people in my family smoke also but watching them has put me off from ever trying it. Plus I detest the smell of cigarettes (as the smell often sticks to me when I’m around my parents) and it just repulses me, to be honest. I think smoking is wrong but I don’t care for other people doing it (unless it was a romantic partner - smoking is a complete no no for me if my partner did it), a lot of my work friends smoke and they are often really nice about it - if I see them outside of work and they want a cigarette they ask me if I would rather them not smoke near me. I just let them smoke, but make sure the smoke isn’t going in my direction.

As for weed, I’ve never been interested in trying it or any other drugs for that matter. I think it’s good for people with illnesses, but that’s the CBD in weed, not the one that gets you high. Plus it can aggravate some mental illnesses so I’m steering clear from it. Again, the smell is pretty gross and it would completely put me off a romantic interest if they smoked weed, but I don’t really care for other people doing it - it’s their life, they do what they want.
yeehaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 05:14 AM   #30
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diable rouge View Post
I know people who do one or both but I strongly disapprove for any age
I wouldn't do either but I think adults should have the right to legally choose to do cigarettes or weed.
Old April 28th, 2019, 06:51 AM   #31
Lyonella

Lyonella's Forum Picture

Name: Ella

Quote:
I wouldn't do either but I think adults should have the right to legally choose to do cigarettes or weed.
Question is at what age you're "adult" : some 15 yo's are,some others never will even when they are 50yo . Being a cig-smoker I know very well I'm taking health-risks but otherwise I see a lot off guys (girls and boys) having my age being drunk every weekend.I don't think that's better for your health,but drinking seems to be "cool" (just as using weed or other drugs) .While these days everyone seems to be "in shock" when you light a cig,I don't get the logic

Love talking,so contact me
Lyonella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 08:20 AM   #32
RocketSkier
Junior Member+

A "normal" cygarette fucks your lungs and weed fuckes your brain, hard to tell which one is better.
I never smoked and never will...
RocketSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 09:19 AM   #33
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster

Quote:
Question is at what age you're "adult" : some 15 yo's are,some others never will even when they are 50yo . Being a cig-smoker I know very well I'm taking health-risks but otherwise I see a lot off guys (girls and boys) having my age being drunk every weekend.I don't think that's better for your health,but drinking seems to be "cool" (just as using weed or other drugs) .While these days everyone seems to be "in shock" when you light a cig,I don't get the logic
Probably because cigarettes have been one of the leading causes of preventable death for decades.
Old April 28th, 2019, 12:36 PM   #34
Diable rouge
Great Poster

Diable rouge's Forum Picture

Name: Pseudo

Quote:
I think adults should have the right to legally choose to do cigarettes or weed.
Only if they pay for the health issues they cause to themselves and others, because for now it's paid by every citizen.
Diable rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2019, 01:10 PM   #35
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diable rouge View Post
Only if they pay for the health issues they cause to themselves and others, because for now it's paid by every citizen.
Depends if you live in a country with public healthcare. Also depends on the cigarette tax - we have quite a large one in Australia (an average 25 pack costs about 30 AUD = 21 USD = 19 Euro). And the health costs of smokers are offset quite a lot by them dying significantly younger so they consume less pension and healthcare for general old person things.
Old May 2nd, 2019, 05:10 AM   #36
RonCon
Banned

I think cigarettes are much more dangerous. The addiction they cause is much stronger than from marijuana. I am not a supporter of either one, but of these two things I consider the worst cigarettes
RonCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 07:30 AM   #37
breaux
Nice Poster

breaux's Forum Picture

I would say that smoking cigarettes is just as popular weed here, we just smoke the weed at parties/in the weekend/after school, so smoking cigs is definitely more done here even thought they both are around evenly popular.

Runaway
breaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:01 AM   #38
Zika
Awesome Poster

Quote:
these days everyone seems to be "in shock" when you light a cig,I don't get the logic
I don't smoke, never have and prefer not to be in closed areas with people who smoke. But you raise an interesting point. I was just talking to someone about it recently. It seems people view cig smokers as bad people, rather than people who have a bad habit. There seems to be a prejudice against them, a value judgement, as there is against overweight people.

Quote:
And the health costs of smokers are offset quite a lot by them dying significantly younger so they consume less pension and healthcare for general old person things.
Not true. The end of life costs for smokers who have had lung transplants, have emphysema, lung cancer or smoking related heart disease is extremely high. That's not counting all the money spent treating them for years before they get to end of life expenses.
They also may be on disability early in life, so that more than offsets the shorter pension they'll receive. And their dependents will continue to collect their pension well after they die, so they (and their dependents) may collect pension much longer than a person who is healthy and lives a normal length of life and works to a normal retirement age.

People who live to be 90 generally don't consume a lot of healthcare resources.
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2019, 04:53 AM   #39
Lyonella

Lyonella's Forum Picture

Name: Ella

Quote:
Originally Posted by breaux View Post
I would say that smoking cigarettes is just as popular weed here, we just smoke the weed at parties/in the weekend/after school, so smoking cigs is definitely more done here even thought they both are around evenly popular.

Do you do both ?

Love talking,so contact me
Lyonella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2019, 03:09 AM   #40
breaux
Nice Poster

breaux's Forum Picture

Quote:
Do you do both ?
Yes, I prefer snus over cigarettes though, so I only smoke cigarettes socially