Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 22nd, 2010, 02:53 PM   #1
anon123

Default Advice to those who think they're fat

This is some personal advice that I'd like to give to anyone who has self image problems or who thinks they're fat. There are healthy ways to control your weight.

First, you're most likely going through puberty and your body is going through a lot of physical changes. Chances are, you're not even fat but you just feel self-conscious, like everyone is looking at you and talking about you. They're not. This is a self-image problem and it can be overcome by simply looking at yourself and loving yourself for who you are.

If you really want to do something to change your weight, don't starve yourself or take diet pills. EXERCISE AND DO CARDIO! The best way is to join a school sport. If you don't like it, you can quit. Theres no sense in playing a sport if you don't enjoy it! Most high schools have an open weight room after school, chances are your weight room has treadmills and other running equipment. The best and most healthiest way to lose FAT (keyword: FAT) is to run or jog at least 30 minutes a day at least 3 times a week. The more you exercise, the more energy you will have and the better you will look!

Instead of feeling sorry about yourself and feeling like you're fat, quit crying and do something about it! Most of the time the people who have self-image problems are girls, so start exercising and love yourself!
anon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #2
xXDyingToBeReedyXx

Default Re: Advice to those who think they're fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
T it can be overcome by simply looking at yourself and loving yourself for who you are.
When I look into the mirror I see oozing fat. How am I supposed to love myself when I can't even look at myself without cringing?
xXDyingToBeReedyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #3
Scarface
Retired Administrator

Scarface's Forum Picture

Name: Ronnie

Quote:
Instead of feeling sorry about yourself and feeling like you're fat, quit crying and do something about it! Most of the time the people who have self-image problems are girls, so start exercising and love yourself!
First of all it's not always girls. All teenagers are self- conscious about themselves. I'm sure that everyone at one point of another is worried about they're body and it's okay to be. There is a healthy and proper way to go about loosing weight. You are correct on the exercise, but there has to be a diet implemented because if you exercise and not diet it's all worthless.

Getting motivated and doing it is one thing. Don't just jump right into working out and straining yourself make small steps and set goals that are achievable yet sets a challenge. Point is don't beat yourself up over your body if you have any concerns about it consult your physician that way he can say what might need to be done.

Contact me if you need to talk. I'm always here to help all
you have to do is be honest.

Never Let Go
Act as if it were IMPOSSIBLE to fail.
<3 Mikey
The Need For Speed!

R&G Forever until it turns gray...then it will still thrive
I<3 TheVTStaff
Smart ass #1
Supportive Presence
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #4
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Name: Derek

I'm glad this was posted. I struggle heavily with my body image. I've suffered an ED for awhile now. I've been recovering for the past 9 months or so now though. Although I eat "normally" now, I have horrible horrible body image issues still. I do have to agree with Ronnie..girls aren't the only ones with these types of issues (living proof right here!)
dbrkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #5
peterrichet78
Banned

Name: peterrichet78

I also want to suggest one way who want to loss fat.
'Drinking black tea can help to burn fat and speed up metabolism. This makes it an ideal drink for those who are looking to lose weight, or who exercise regularly.'
peterrichet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #6
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrichet78 View Post
I also want to suggest one way who want to loss fat.
'Drinking black tea can help to burn fat and speed up metabolism. This makes it an ideal drink for those who are looking to lose weight, or who exercise regularly.'
Nothing I do seems to work anymore.. I exercise regularly, eat well, avoid junk food, yet I don't seem to lose weight or look any different :/
Old May 30th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #7
ShatteredWings
Under the Stars

ShatteredWings's Forum Picture

Name: Kyle

Yeah.. that whole 'magic remedy' thing is a load of bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
VT turned me lesbo acid wankers wtf.
~Laura Was Here~
Retired Gmod
ShatteredWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #8
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShatteredWings View Post
Yeah.. that whole 'magic remedy' thing is a load of bull.
Yeah, I'm with ya on that. Same with that "calories in vs calories out". There's definitely wayy more to it than that.. (living proof right here!) Doesn't matter if I eat 1500 or 150 calories...I simply cannot lose weight :/
Old May 30th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #9
Eskimo
Banned

Name: Matt

drink water when bored, thats my trick
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 09:39 AM   #10
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Name: Natalie

Quote:
Actually, a lot of people with self image problems are male, however boys don't feel as open to talk about it, and keep it to themselves.

Other than that, good post. For actual suffers it's not so simple, but yeah, good post.

1_21Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:33 AM   #11
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_21Guns View Post
Actually, a lot of people with self image problems are male, however boys don't feel as open to talk about it, and keep it to themselves.

Other than that, good post. For actual suffers it's not so simple, but yeah, good post.
Yeah, I feel so ashamed about it! For most people who suffer from this though, the issue isn't to lose weight, but to accept yourself. (I know this totally contradicts what I said above...I must've posted that during one of my "bad moments")
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:35 AM   #12
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrkk View Post
Yeah, I feel so ashamed about it! For most people who suffer from this though, the issue isn't to lose weight, but to accept yourself. (I know this totally contradicts what I said above...I must've posted that during one of my "bad moments")
i really get how you feel with the whole acceptance thing...
but yeah, thanks for strengthening the whole guys get it too and just don't say anything.

Old May 31st, 2010, 11:40 AM   #13
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Quote:
i really get how you feel with the whole acceptance thing...
but yeah, thanks for strengthening the whole guys get it too and just don't say anything.
That has proved to be the hardest thing so far... I've stopped "experimenting" with calorie amounts, my weight is considered 'healthy', I don't overexercise anymore... So everything else is pretty much good, except the acceptance thing. So you struggle with that too?
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:42 AM   #14
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Quote:
That has proved to be the hardest thing so far... I've stopped "experimenting" with calorie amounts, my weight is considered 'healthy', I don't overexercise anymore... So everything else is pretty much good, except the acceptance thing. So you struggle with that too?
yeah, i tend to go from one extreme to the other. most days i cant stand the way i look, and will try to starve myself as much as i can, then some days ill be fine with how i look.
and well done

Old May 31st, 2010, 11:52 AM   #15
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Quote:
yeah, i tend to go from one extreme to the other. most days i cant stand the way i look, and will try to starve myself as much as i can, then some days ill be fine with how i look.
and well done
That's kinda how I am, except I'll resist the urge to starve, purge, etc. I'll just try and distract myself (listen to music, go for a drive, do something prouctive around the house, etc).
Thanks btw!
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:55 AM   #16
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Quote:
That's kinda how I am, except I'll resist the urge to starve, purge, etc. I'll just try and distract myself (listen to music, go for a drive, do something prouctive around the house, etc).
Thanks btw!
eventually when i get that bad some days nothing distracts me, but i've developed a general outlook of if i eat, i eat. it doesn't matter. i still dread my weight going over a certain number though.
and welcome

Old May 31st, 2010, 12:47 PM   #17
BeautifulDisaster
Nice Poster

BeautifulDisaster's Forum Picture

Quote:
This is some personal advice that I'd like to give to anyone who has self image problems or who thinks they're fat. There are healthy ways to control your weight.

First, you're most likely going through puberty and your body is going through a lot of physical changes. Chances are, you're not even fat but you just feel self-conscious, like everyone is looking at you and talking about you. They're not. This is a self-image problem and it can be overcome by simply looking at yourself and loving yourself for who you are.

If you really want to do something to change your weight, don't starve yourself or take diet pills. EXERCISE AND DO CARDIO! The best way is to join a school sport. If you don't like it, you can quit. Theres no sense in playing a sport if you don't enjoy it! Most high schools have an open weight room after school, chances are your weight room has treadmills and other running equipment. The best and most healthiest way to lose FAT (keyword: FAT) is to run or jog at least 30 minutes a day at least 3 times a week. The more you exercise, the more energy you will have and the better you will look!

In my opinion, this is very insensitive and clearly you don't understand just how severe & damaging low self esteem can be or how awful & life ruining eating disorders can be.

All of this just reeks of misunderstanding & ignorance to be honest, I don't think it's a very good post at all, eating disorders are so much more complex than this. So much more.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
BeautifulDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:05 PM   #18
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Quote:
eventually when i get that bad some days nothing distracts me, but i've developed a general outlook of if i eat, i eat. it doesn't matter. i still dread my weight going over a certain number though.
and welcome
Yeah sometimes I'll have times like that.. Not so much anymore (whew). As for the weight thing, I'm trying to teach myself not to care so much about it. It's hard cuz I'm nearly overweight by BMI standards now..but that shouldn't change how I live my life, right??
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:11 PM   #19
1_21Guns
Val's bitch. ;)

1_21Guns's Forum Picture

Quote:
Yeah sometimes I'll have times like that.. Not so much anymore (whew). As for the weight thing, I'm trying to teach myself not to care so much about it. It's hard cuz I'm nearly overweight by BMI standards now..but that shouldn't change how I live my life, right??
if your happy, what does your weight really matter?

(hypocrite of the year over here, but yeah )

Old May 31st, 2010, 06:13 PM   #20
dbrkk

dbrkk's Forum Picture

Quote:
if your happy, what does your weight really matter?

(hypocrite of the year over here, but yeah )
Well, I wouldn't say I'm 100% happy either. My issue is looking in the mirror. That's the ONE thing.. I can NEVER see the person others see. I always see a huge, disgusting, obese person. :/