Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 15th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #1
Arlya

Arlya's Forum Picture

Name: Alice
Question fear of obesity

I actually have a fear of becoming fat. Like I know it isn't going to happen and I don't purposefully go out of my way to stop eating but I would actually loose the will to live if I became fat. And although I don't go out of my way I never eat breakfast and most of the time skip lunch. The breakfast is more out of convenience though to be honest, and lunch is just I can't actually be bothered and the food at my school is disgusting
Bascically I want to know if people think this is actually an eating disorder or what...?
Arlya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #2
scuba steve
Lone Wonderer

scuba steve's Forum Picture

Name: Calum (steve's just a fall guy)
Default Re: fear of obesity

You say your not fat and from your Avatar you don't look fat, so start eating food. If your still self concious then go to a gym and tone up.

Now to find a midget with some Gin and we'll be in business...

When i say pop you say quiz... POP... QUIZ. POP...QUIZ........ yaaaaaay

Quote:
Originally Posted by troubledteen22 View Post
I've tried to have sex but vagina feels nothing like fans
scuba steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 06:38 AM   #3
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia

most of the time, people with eating disorders will decide not to eat to lose weight. But they also have a fear of become fat, and most of the time, they beleive that they are fat, hense why they want to lose a lot of weight.

I don't think you do have an eating disorder, but I would say you should eat something during the day. If you don't want to eat at school, maybe buy something on the way to school, like a sandwich. Or make yourself a sandwich the day before and take it into school to eat. You need to eat, and you won't become fat just by eating healthily.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 07:01 AM   #4
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlya View Post
I actually have a fear of becoming fat.
Although a sign of an eating disorder, I think that it is a pretty common fear really. It's only a problem if it's taken to an extreme.
Quote:
Like I know it isn't going to happen and I don't purposefully go out of my way to stop eating but I would actually loose the will to live if I became fat.
Many people with eating disorders believe themselves as being fat. The fact that you know you are not is a good sign
Quote:
And although I don't go out of my way I never eat breakfast and most of the time skip lunch. The breakfast is more out of convenience though to be honest, and lunch is just I can't actually be bothered and the food at my school is disgusting
Someone with an eating disorder does "go out of (their) way" in order to starve themself and loose weight. If you can honestly say to yourself that the reason you don't eat much is for the reasons you stated above, then you are fine. Although I would recommend eating a little more than that, not eating much can have negative effects on your metabolism. It also makes you less resistent to illness.
Quote:
Bascically I want to know if people think this is actually an eating disorder or what...?
No, I don't think you do, but a fear of fat is how it can all start so be careful. Stay confident that you're a good weight and that there is no reason for you to loose

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 10:05 AM   #5
Arlya

Arlya's Forum Picture

thank you very much for everyones advice I really appreciate it I'll try to make an effort ot be more healthy xx
Old January 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Cryofthewolf

Cryofthewolf's Forum Picture

I have heard/read that those who skip their three meals a day tend to gain weight. I don't know if it is psychological or biological, but it's something to think on.

Good luck getting over your problem. I personally have weight to lose. :p

If you ever need help with anything, or just need an ear to listen, message me. I'll do my best to help. =-)
Cryofthewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #7
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryofthewolf View Post
I have heard/read that those who skip their three meals a day tend to gain weight. I don't know if it is psychological or biological, but it's something to think on.
This is true a lot of the time. If you don't eat enough, your matabolism slows down, and when you do eat, all of what you eat is basically put on as fat, because your body doesn't know when it's next is coming, so it preserves the food.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #8
Arlya

Arlya's Forum Picture

hmmm, interesting thought. Guess my diet can't change drastically at once then, it has to be gradual. On a positive note I ate a all my lunch and dinner today. x
Old January 16th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #9
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

Quote:
hmmm, interesting thought. Guess my diet can't change drastically at once then, it has to be gradual. On a positive note I ate a all my lunch and dinner today. x
You have no need to cut your diet anyway.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #10
Cryofthewolf

Cryofthewolf's Forum Picture

Quote:
Congrats. =-D Had Chinese food today, so today wasn't a victory for me. If it wasn't so cold up here in Maine I'd take a walk. =-/

...Eh, I'll probably walk anyways. I also heard you lose more weight when it's cold. Don't know how true it is, but yeah, it's worth a shot.

Haha done rambling now. Again, congratulations. =-)

If you ever need help with anything, or just need an ear to listen, message me. I'll do my best to help. =-)
Cryofthewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #11
Kitty
Junior Member+

Kitty's Forum Picture

Name: Katie

Just make sure you stay in control. And not the fake eating disorder control many think they feel. Healthy control where you are in charge of life, not food :') <3
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:12 PM   #12
Alaph

Quote:
I actually have a fear of becoming fat. Like I know it isn't going to happen and I don't purposefully go out of my way to stop eating but I would actually loose the will to live if I became fat. And although I don't go out of my way I never eat breakfast and most of the time skip lunch. The breakfast is more out of convenience though to be honest, and lunch is just I can't actually be bothered and the food at my school is disgusting
It's good to eat breakfast, but not an eating disorder if you don't.
Although being scared of getting fat when it's never going to happen could become a disorder, try to be brave.
Alaph is offline   Reply With Quote