Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2019, 04:08 PM   #1
Pultost
Mushroom Lover
 
Pultost's Forum Picture
 
Name: Anita
Join Date: May 15, 2018
Location: Norway
Age: 15
Gender: Female
Default Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Mine's the wedding of Cana. Wine to water and all that.

So, believer or not, for all who read the bible, despite your beliefs or the lack thereof, which part of the bible is your favourite?

Lemme know. ^^

You know that a movie is bad when one or more actors apologise for participating in it.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 07:13 PM   #2
HeyCameron
Great Poster
 
HeyCameron's Forum Picture
 
Name: Cameron
Join Date: August 15, 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Gender: Male
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

I've always liked the Gospel of Mark. It's the shortest and most to-the-point of the Gospels and it contains some anomalies. For one, Mark includes this passage following the arrest of Jesus, after the Apostles have fled:

Mark 14:51-52

"A young man was following Him, wearing nothing but a linen sheet over his naked body; and they seized him. But he pulled free of the linen sheet and escaped naked."

For some reason, Mark felt the need to include this little tidbit about a young man who was with the group running off naked. Why include this? It seems so extraneous. But I like the theory that this young man is Mark himself. He included this passage because this was his experience.

The end of Mark's Gospel also presents an interesting situation. Biblical scholars contend that Mark 16:9+ was added later and that Mark's original Gospel ended with verse 8. The later verses were added perhaps because the original ending at verse 8 was seen as too blunt:

Mark 16:8

"They went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had gripped them; and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid."

To me, this is exactly how Mark would've ended his Gospel

Mark's Gospel is also unique in containing numerous passages where Jesus urges people to secrecy about his miracles. He wants them to keep it on the down low. That isn't emphasized in the other Gospels.

So that's probably my favorite book of the Bible, though admittedly I'm mostly familiar with the NT and haven't read much of the OT apart from Genesis.

Dancer. Avid reader. Wannabe intellectual. Disillusioned, but not cynical.
Likes: (2)
HeyCameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 07:53 PM   #3
Sillymouth
New Member
 
Sillymouth's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jake
Join Date: June 6, 2019
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Mine's the part where god said "fuck it" and flooded his people to death.
Sillymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2019, 12:13 AM   #4
Shiny Moon
Awesome Poster
 
Shiny Moon's Forum Picture
 
Name: Savannah
Join Date: November 4, 2015
Location: East 12th St.
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

I've never read the bible, so... none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillymouth View Post
Mine's the part where god said "fuck it" and flooded his people to death.
I'm pretty sure his face at the moment was like your avatar




If I were you, I'd do me too

Bi.

Drop me a PM if you wanna chat, I won't bite you!
Likes: (2)
Shiny Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2019, 12:43 AM   #5
LiberalTurboprop
Nice Poster
 
LiberalTurboprop's Forum Picture
 
Name: Connor
Join Date: March 24, 2019
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.
Ezekiel 23:20
LiberalTurboprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2019, 05:49 AM   #6
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

It changes, but I’m in a dark mood right now.

So the answer is Revelation “The End”

Why? Because whomever made it to kingdom of Heaven made it and whomever didn’t make it didn’t, and we get answers. Lots of answers, about everything we struggle to understand here on earth today.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2019, 04:14 PM   #7
Adamant
Great Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Maybe the bit that is easy to understand and nice is Psalm 23. "The Lord is my shepherd"
I kind of like the idea of a God who gives me a helping hand and mean I don't have to be scared. if this is not getting too serious the bits that say you can have your sins forgiven is important to me.
Likes: (2)
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2019, 08:35 PM   #8
ska8er
Legendary Member
 
ska8er's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andy
Join Date: August 23, 2013
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Ecclesiastes 3

For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven

a time to be born and a time to die
a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted
a time to kill and a time to heal
a time to break down and a time to build up
a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance
a time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing
a time to seek and a time to lose
a time to keep and a time to cast away
a time to tear and a time to sew
a time to keep silence and a time to speak
a time to love and a time to hate
a time for war and a time for peace
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 05:09 AM   #9
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska8er View Post
Ecclesiastes 3

For everything there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven

a time to be born and a time to die
a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted
a time to kill and a time to heal
a time to break down and a time to build up
a time to weep and a time to laugh
a time to mourn and a time to dance
a time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing
a time to seek and a time to lose
a time to keep and a time to cast away
a time to tear and a time to sew
a time to keep silence and a time to speak
a time to love and a time to hate
a time for war and a time for peace
The problem with that verse’s message though, is it begs the question....so there’s a time to sin?

And if you assume the answer is yes, then that explains why God didn’t stop Satan in genesis and has allowed these events to playout for humanity to experience in the middle of the story, before the end.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2019, 09:43 AM   #10
lliam
Awesome Poster
 
lliam's Forum Picture
 
Name: Liam
Join Date: July 29, 2015
Location: The hill above the big lake, opposed to the big city on the mainland.
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 8
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

not a favorite, but the only part of the bible I ever read ..

Genesis 19:30-38

The story of Lots' escape with his daughters before the downfall of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, when Lot's daughters got their father drunk, in order to father children with him because they did not want to marry dudes from barbarian neighborhood.


I was 13 when someone gave me that part to read. For an atheistically brought up boy, a confirmation that the Bible should be read only by adults, because I thought that was porn.





"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."



lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2019, 04:52 PM   #11
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
not a favorite, but the only part of the bible I ever read ..

Genesis 19:30-38

The story of Lots' escape with his daughters before the downfall of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, when Lot's daughters got their father drunk, in order to father children with him because they did not want to marry dudes from barbarian neighborhood.


I was 13 when someone gave me that part to read. For an atheistically brought up boy, a confirmation that the Bible should be read only by adults, because I thought that was porn.
Yeah, also unfortunately, because in that scripture God appears to permit the actions of the daughters to their father, (meaning God doesn’t send any blessing or punishment), that same verse of scripture in the OT, has been used by many a cult-leader, to justify incestual behavior within power structures of cult design.


Also medically, there have been cases of daddy-daughter incest, and one that’s a crime but two, the resulting offspring CAN have deformities. I read one case where a little girl’s heart was born outside of her chest because her mom was raped by her dad.

So incest is very risky, and evolutionary bad, even animals avoid mating behaviors from the same family; especially primates. For insects and rodents it doesn’t matter as much though it depends on the species complexity of DNA.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2019, 09:59 PM   #12
SouthernDude
Member
 
Join Date: May 25, 2019
Location: 'Murica
Age: 14
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Some of my favorites (and yes, it's a long list)

Daniel (all of his life story)

Jesus's Story

Noah and the Ark

Jonah and the great fish (we don't know if it was a whale or not)

Conversion of Saul

The Revelation

Parting of the Red Sea

Moses's Story

The general books of Genesis, Exodus, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, Esther, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Daniel, Malachi, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 & 2 Timothy, Hebrews, Revelation

From the South. I'm a dude.

The end.
SouthernDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 02:14 PM   #13
Adamant
Great Poster
 
Adamant's Forum Picture
 
Name: Adam
Join Date: October 17, 2018
Location: London
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDude View Post
Some of my favorites (and yes, it's a long list)

Daniel (all of his life story)

Jesus's Story

Noah and the Ark

Jonah and the great fish (we don't know if it was a whale or not)

Conversion of Saul

The Revelation

Parting of the Red Sea

Moses's Story

The general books of Genesis, Exodus, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, Esther, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Daniel, Malachi, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, 1 & 2 Timothy, Hebrews, Revelation
You are right. It is a long list.
Have you actually read all of all of them?
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:57 PM   #14
SouthernDude
Member
 
Join Date: May 25, 2019
Location: 'Murica
Age: 14
Gender: Cisgender Male
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamant View Post
You are right. It is a long list.
Have you actually read all of all of them?
The stories, yes

The books, some not all the way through, but in bits and pieces. They're all very good, though

From the South. I'm a dude.

The end.
SouthernDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 11:26 PM   #15
RCT109
Awesome Poster
 
RCT109's Forum Picture
 
Name: S
Join Date: May 1, 2011
Location: ASGARD
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
Mine's the wedding of Cana. Wine to water and all that.

So, believer or not, for all who read the bible, despite your beliefs or the lack thereof, which part of the bible is your favourite?

Lemme know. ^^
I like Revelations
RCT109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2019, 09:28 PM   #16
Falcons_11
VT Lover
 
Join Date: October 12, 2015
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Default Re: Which part of the bible is your favourite?

Book of Job.

If any dude went through all the crap that Job had to go through he would be a Super Hero.

"Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one!"
Lt. General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Falcons_11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2019
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org