Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #1
KenobiGirl93

KenobiGirl93's Forum Picture

Name: Morgan
Unhappy I need help, so confused and hurting.. :/

I don't even know what is going on anymore. I have depression, I know, but it's seemed to get a lot worse lately.. On the outside, I'm usually all smiles and friendly, and I tell my nurse and counselor that I'm doing okay. I'm on Prozac for depression and Lamictal for epilepsy.
The thing is, I'm in love, so at the right times I can actually be truly happy. But the majority of the time, I'm moping on the inside. I haven't cut in about 2 months, and I've been going exceptionally crazy recently with my mad urges to self-harm.
The odd part about my mental state and the whole depression side is that, randomly at some times I'll just like bounce up and be totally hyper and like ecstatic that it scares people are they're like "what is going on? You're never like this." I don't know how I can go from so energetic and confident to a slug the next day feeling worthless.
The last time I mentioned to a therapist that I think I'm bipolar they dismissed it and didn't take me seriously at all. :/ I'm thinking of going to a different psychotherapist soon just to have a new counselor, and I want a girl that is relatively young.. not the old man i have now.
What should I do?
KenobiGirl93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #2
WaffleSingSong
Member++

WaffleSingSong's Forum Picture

Name: Hunter
Default Re: I need help, so confused and hurting.. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenobiGirl93 View Post

I don't even know what is going on anymore. I have depression, I know, but it's seemed to get a lot worse lately.. On the outside, I'm usually all smiles and friendly, and I tell my nurse and counselor that I'm doing okay. I'm on Prozac for depression and Lamictal for epilepsy.
The thing is, I'm in love, so at the right times I can actually be truly happy. But the majority of the time, I'm moping on the inside. I haven't cut in about 2 months, and I've been going exceptionally crazy recently with my mad urges to self-harm.
The odd part about my mental state and the whole depression side is that, randomly at some times I'll just like bounce up and be totally hyper and like ecstatic that it scares people are they're like "what is going on? You're never like this." I don't know how I can go from so energetic and confident to a slug the next day feeling worthless.
The last time I mentioned to a therapist that I think I'm bipolar they dismissed it and didn't take me seriously at all. :/ I'm thinking of going to a different psychotherapist soon just to have a new counselor, and I want a girl that is relatively young.. not the old man i have now.
What should I do?
Does anyone know your Bi/Lesbian? One out of every 10 teens are. So, Maybe just doing that (coming out of the closet) might help you out with that girl.

And you should not lie to other people if you have problems. Get as much help as you need.

And remember, Always look on the bright side of things. Sure, the world is dark, but its not pitch black.
WaffleSingSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #3
KenobiGirl93

KenobiGirl93's Forum Picture

Name: Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffenSingSong View Post
Does anyone know your Bi/Lesbian? One out of every 10 teens are. So, Maybe just doing that (coming out of the closet) might help you out with that girl.
I'm not bi or lesbian.. I'm in love with my boyfriend.
KenobiGirl93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #4
candabear17
Member+

candabear17's Forum Picture

Name: Candis

I've been going through the same exact thing over the last 2 months. I only recently was put on to antidepressants. Have you been through a traumatic experience recently?
candabear17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #5
LouBerry
Awesome Poster

LouBerry's Forum Picture

Name: Elizabeth.

Just know that you aren't alone and that the depression you feel is not your fault.
And I agree about the bipolar thing, you need to check it out.
LouBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:21 AM   #6
December
Member++

December's Forum Picture

Name: Katy

I am sorry that you have been feeling this way, it can be very emotionally taxing to feel so many things at once. However, I definitely agree that you should get a second opinion on the bipolar thing. I am bipolar, and for most people who have it, a mood phase lasts usually from a week or two to a few months, unless you cycle rapidly. However, perhaps it is also just your mind's way of responding to the conflicting emotions of being happy and in love versus feeling stressed out and depressed. Of course it is impossible to say without a professional diagnosis, so this is definitely something that you should discus with your counselor or doctor. Best of luck to you, and either way, hang in there. You are not alone .

Zeit macht mich frei.

"And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done. " -Sara Teasdale, There Will Come Soft Rains

"...in the end, it was the deception itself that sustained him" -The Passage by Justin Cronin
December is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2012, 12:25 AM   #7
WaffleSingSong
Member++

WaffleSingSong's Forum Picture

Name: Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenobiGirl93 View Post
I'm not bi or lesbian.. I'm in love with my boyfriend.
I misread, I thought you was taking about love, not your psychiatrist *selfslap*

But, I still keep the other part of my message XD
WaffleSingSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 01:20 AM   #8
TheHumanSpirit

TheHumanSpirit's Forum Picture

Firstly, I want to encourage you to seek new counseling or professional advice if that is what you think will be most helpful.

Secondly, I want to let you know that grief is natural, as is feeling sad. If you are diagnosed with depression, then you probably have longer periods of sadness than what might be considered helpful to your situation. Is anything bothering you in particular?

Don't ever be afraid to be vulnerable, human, and unconditionally you.

♥ Love,
__TheHumanSpirit

Last edited by TheHumanSpirit; August 1st, 2012 at 01:29 AM.
TheHumanSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote