Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old August 1st, 2012, 01:56 PM   #1
factboy01

factboy01's Forum Picture

Default Body Dysmorphic Disordr

So last year my friend told me he thinks I could have BDD. This year, heís even more convinced I have BDD. He says they symptoms of BDD seem to have become more apparent. I canít say I disagree with him.

Does anyone here have BDD?

I just feel so ugly all the time.
I donít believe it when people tell me Iím super sexy, hot, or cute. I just feel so ugly. I want to be a super sexy, hot, bangable male model.
I just feel like everything is against me and the world hates me.
I have been feeling sick lately from all the stress I think.
I just canít take this anymore.

But, I would like to ask if anyone here has BDD or had had it in the past?

I am getting counseling arranged but I want it now. I feel I waited to long to tell my parents. I wish I told them sooner.

I have tried to take to people as much as possible just to make myself feel better.

I love this site so much. In fact, itís one of my most favorite teen sites now. Itís dipping towards #1. I like all of you here. You all seem so caring and helpful. I enjoy all of you here even if you donít know me. You all seem genuine.
factboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy
Default Re: Body Dysmorphic Disordr

Well I've not been officially diagnosed with BDD, I have been in counselling for eating disorders, and well the cause of my eating disorder was pretty much BDD.

All I have to say is it is something that can be got over. It takes time, and effort on your part, but t can be got over. I'm heavier than I ever have been right now, and obviously my BDD symptoms where to do with my weight, and although I still have bad days where I feel fat, most of the time I like my body.

My advice is to surround yourself with people who are going to help you recover. People who are going to remind you you're beautiful and that recovery is possible.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Itís your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote