Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 5th, 2018, 12:10 AM   #1
Gvanni
Member+

Gvanni's Forum Picture

Name: Giovanni
Default OCD?

For pretty much my whole life I’ve been “cautious” and kept my own system of how to operate. I hate touching dirty things and then myself without washing my hands. This can include anything I “trick” myself into thinking is dirty, my brain kinda plays into my fear that it is dirty and for that reason I must clean myself. It could be my phone sometimes, my dresser top or even anything other people touch. I’m not instantly compelled to clean myself right away unless I’m in my own personal, private setting. I can hold it off but I get anxious and uncormftale until it is addressed. I can’t use utensils or plates without washing them and drying them with a paper towel even if they were already clean. Does this make me just weird or is it a low level of OCD? Things have also progressed since I got older.

no fucks given, you dig?
Gvanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2018, 12:21 AM   #2
bougainvillea

bougainvillea's Forum Picture

Name: shanie
Default Re: OCD?

People with OCD will get obsessions (mental/emotional), so a lot of the time they have an “inescapable fear” of a certain thing, feeling that it could cause damage to themselves or their loved ones. It will give them a constantly high level of anxiety and the only way to lower their anxiety would be to carry out ritualistic compulsions (physical) which are very often irrational. For example, someone may need to check if the door is locked a certain number of times, or if the stove is off by pressing it 10 times. A clip below, although played by an actor, represents these obsessions and compulsions very well:

The fact that your triggers such as dirty plates/germs can be held off without producing an inescapable anxiety response, it may be that you don’t have OCD, but i’m not a medical expert. If it significantly interferes with your daily life (as with anything, really) go to a doctor and express your concerns.

bougainvillea - help and advice moderator

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
bougainvillea is offline   Reply With Quote