Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 20th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #1
restricted NA
Member++

Name: N.A.
Thumbs down the collapse

deleted

Last edited by restricted NA; January 15th, 2012 at 03:52 AM.
restricted NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:41 AM   #2
OneTwo
Junior Member+

OneTwo's Forum Picture

Default Re: the collapse

its all right Austin. It sounds like you've gone through a lot in the last few years, I couldnt imagine gettin through all that and keeping a brave face on. You just gotta do your best. You gotta do what Dori says 'just keep swimmin, just keep swimmin" you've got such an amazing smile I cant see you spending much more time alone. just do ur best and put on a happy face, people dont approach eeyores all that easily. i'd love to be friends with you if i were in ur school, JS hope things get better boy-o
OneTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #3
CryWolf
Awesome Poster

CryWolf's Forum Picture

Name: Corey

Hey man, I know how it can be. My bro and I had to move from the city I grew up in to where an uncle lives because the family just kinda blew up. My dad left when I was 10 and my mom got in trouble with the law and is in a halfway house now. She tells me dad left because of me. I believe that but I don't know what I did. What I can say is that it took me a little while to start meeting people again because of everything that went down. It's gotten better tho and I realized that I had to start reaching out and inserting myself into peoples lives. I've met a couple friends that way and we hit it off. Just hang in there man and don't give up.

"Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd........smiling."

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"~~ William Shakespeare
CryWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Fairy

Fairy's Forum Picture

Name: Shani

Hi Austin,

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way, you deserve happiness just like anyone else.
And definitely deserve to smile.

Of course I cannot relate to your situation and past as I'd call it, but I am in a bit of a similiar situation where many also would struggle with these feelings of feeling alone/invisible all the time.

I just want you to know that unfortunately we cannot force people to like us.
It's what I learnt the hard way aswell.
We can never please everyone, despites being as nice as we are to them...-
Some just decide to dislike us for some reason, is it jealousy? Is it because we don't look like this or that?
No one really knows unfortunately, but it's just how sadly the reality is these days.

Now in the recent, there are many ways to connect with people like Facebook and other sociliazing networksites.
Have you ever tried to do this, add some people from your school and try to talk to them or start a conversation?
I know this might not help your lonely feelings and feel like no one likes you or wants to buidl a friendship with you.
But these days, many people start a relationship or a friendship that way I guess.
So I am just offering you a few suggestions.

Of course, there's also trying to find people with similiar interests like joining a club in your school(if they have those).
Or do a sport that you like, anything alike that works.

Some people are ok with being more on their own and independent, I'm one of those people.
Others need that phyiscal interaction with people, so it's completely understandable too.

It's just that once you learn to accept yourself for whom you are, automatically you'll get people their interest or perhaps the person that is meant to be with you also.(Love wise)

I know people often say that a person can help you through this, but it's also important to learn and be independent.
As you cannot always expect people to be there for you at all times.
But I'm sure you understand my point.

Just know you can always talk to me.
And don't give up on trying, just know that it's not you if people chose to not get to know you better.
Many people these days are a bit I guess..selfish and push people away because they don't 'meet' their qualities to be their friend.

You seem like a great person, and I hope you'll be able to realise this too.

*Hugs*
Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #5
restricted NA
Member++

Name: N.A.

deleted

Last edited by restricted NA; January 15th, 2012 at 03:52 AM.
restricted NA is offline   Reply With Quote