Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 30th, 2014, 08:55 AM   #1
lawliett

lawliett's Forum Picture

Name: Alexander
Default scared now im out

I was in a psychiatric hospital for 5 months and have been home for about 2 weeks, I was desperate to be home again and so happy when they said I would be leaving soon.
Now im home im scared being out, I almost feel like I want to go back again, it does not feel safe here.
I should be glad to be home shouldn't I? I don't want to tell the doctor this and he might think im getting ill again and if my parents knew they would think I don't want to be with them or something.
Is this really weird,maybe I am getting ill again has anyone who has been in hospital felt something a bit similar?
lawliett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #2
Bmble_B
Nice Poster

Bmble_B's Forum Picture

Name: Changed my mind
Default Re: scared now im out

I cant say that I have. This is most likely because you've become accustomed to living in that psychiatric hospital. Just give yourself some time, and before you know it you'll be thinking to yourself "I used to actually want to go back there?"

I wonder what the world would be like without cellphones.

Let's Dance In The Rain.

I'm Different :3
Bmble_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2014, 10:59 AM   #3
Rocket Raccoon

Rocket Raccoon's Forum Picture

Name: Rocket

The hospital probably became a safety net for you. The real worlds scary enough without an illness. Just try and make your family and friends a safe place for you and you will be good. One day at a time. Oh and hobbies help too.

I'll be right here
Rocket Raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2014, 02:20 AM   #4
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

That's a loooong time in the nut hut! :O

You probably got use to living there. You will adjust to normal life soon.

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2014, 03:14 AM   #5
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Have heard someone who's been confined for a long time has a lot of difficulty adjusting to being out in the big real world again. Give yourself time to adjust. I've never been fully adjusted to it myself and get panic attacks when outside of home. Like almost agoraphobic. A lot of the time I would just like to stay in my room 24/7 tbh.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #6
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
Have heard someone who's been confined for a long time has a lot of difficulty adjusting to being out in the big real world again. Give yourself time to adjust. I've never been fully adjusted to it myself and get panic attacks when outside of home. Like almost agoraphobic. A lot of the time I would just like to stay in my room 24/7 tbh.
Do they really still keep people this long in those places?? :O crap! That is such a long time! I cant even imagine that kind of hell x(

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 04:08 AM   #7
Tarannosaurus
Awesome Poster

Tarannosaurus's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawliett View Post
I was in a psychiatric hospital for 5 months and have been home for about 2 weeks, I was desperate to be home again and so happy when they said I would be leaving soon.
Now im home im scared being out, I almost feel like I want to go back again, it does not feel safe here.
I should be glad to be home shouldn't I? I don't want to tell the doctor this and he might think im getting ill again and if my parents knew they would think I don't want to be with them or something.
Is this really weird,maybe I am getting ill again has anyone who has been in hospital felt something a bit similar?
Well I haven't been in a psychiatric hospital yet but I'm being admitted to a psychiatric residence unit soon for a couple of weeks. I think it's normal that you would feel less safe now that you're out of the hospital. In the hospital they have trained nurses/ doctors who know what to do if there's an emergency. The thing is though, they wouldn't have let you out if they didn't think you would be able to manage it. Trust yourself. And they won't just leave you with no after care/ follow up plan. Just because you're out of the hospital doesn't mean you're on your own

H&A mod
If you have a question don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]
Tarannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote