Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 10th, 2014, 08:37 AM   #1
KillerKing
Member+

Default Guess a Diagnosis?

Hey guys,

Just a quick one here. Recently, I've been under a lot of mental stress. Course work load, feelings of lonliness (Living away from Girlfriend. Have friends, but only see them about 30% of the time in a week, rest is spent by myself in my room), 0 motivation for anything, started self harming, varying level of mood (like, happy with people, but immediately drop to a depressed state when alone), feelings of worthlessness/whats the point? The list can go on. Anyway, recently I just had a complete break down. I don't know why! I just cried and yeah... won't go into details but I'm hoping someone with a bit of knowledge would know what I'm experiencing? It's happened before as well and I'm scared it'll happen again. It feels horrible. I don't want to talk to a professional, wouldn't know where to start for one, but I'm not ready to open up. Maybe that's a bad thing. But are these classic symptoms of something? I feel like I'm losing my mind and just wanted to know if someone had any input on this?

Thanks.

If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal
KillerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 10:00 AM   #2
ksdnfkfr
Banned

Default Re: Guess a Diagnosis?

Sounds potentially like clinical depression, which is an illness, not a mood.
If you told all that to regular GP it could probably be diagnosed then and there.
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 10:43 AM   #3
JamesSuperBoy
Awesome Poster

JamesSuperBoy's Forum Picture

Name: ^*~James~*^

Ok - maybe you do not feel able to talk to a professional and it can be hard to even think about some help - but that is what you would be best to do.
JamesSuperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #4
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post
Sounds potentially like clinical depression, which is an illness, not a mood.
If you told all that to regular GP it could probably be diagnosed then and there.
Agree with Ezra. It sounds like depression to me as well, however, I'm not a professional. Only a professional can tell you for sure.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #5
Tarannosaurus
Awesome Poster

Tarannosaurus's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKing View Post
Hey guys,

Just a quick one here. Recently, I've been under a lot of mental stress. Course work load, feelings of lonliness (Living away from Girlfriend. Have friends, but only see them about 30% of the time in a week, rest is spent by myself in my room), 0 motivation for anything, started self harming, varying level of mood (like, happy with people, but immediately drop to a depressed state when alone), feelings of worthlessness/whats the point? The list can go on. Anyway, recently I just had a complete break down. I don't know why! I just cried and yeah... won't go into details but I'm hoping someone with a bit of knowledge would know what I'm experiencing? It's happened before as well and I'm scared it'll happen again. It feels horrible. I don't want to talk to a professional, wouldn't know where to start for one, but I'm not ready to open up. Maybe that's a bad thing. But are these classic symptoms of something? I feel like I'm losing my mind and just wanted to know if someone had any input on this?

Thanks.
I think that guessing a diagnosis can actually be detrimental. The others are right when they say you really should consider going to a professional. There's nothing to be afraid of, they deal with this all the time and will take you seriously. Of course going to a professional is a very hard thing to do so it may take time before you're ready for that. It does sound like you have some kind of depression ( which around 50% of people get), but again only a professional can tell you for sure. You could try online cognitive behavioural therapy such as moodGYM but it's only recommended for mild to moderate symptoms ( so if you think you're severe it's probably best not to). Also the graphics are a bit childish but it is useful. Hope this helps and good luck

H&A mod
If you have a question don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected]
Tarannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote