Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 3rd, 2014, 11:47 PM   #1
Whos_ur_Buddha

Whos_ur_Buddha's Forum Picture

Name: austin
Question please help me out

I was laying in my bead when it started to look like the ceiling started moving almost like the dots on the ceiling ( the stuff on the ceiling) were getting closer and further to one another creating ripples. This started happening to me a couple of months ago. Also some other strange things started happening. I'm just looking for answers like what could be cau sing this and how can i get this to go away. Please help. Also if you have any question or just curious message me.
Whos_ur_Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #2
Karkat
Knight of Blood

Karkat's Forum Picture

Name: Ren Hek
Default Re: please help me out

Well, it could be the result of the way things work in your eyes sometimes. (We all get flashes and floaters- which seem like hallucinations, but are really easy to explain.) It could also be the result of a dissociative episode/disorder. When you have a dissociative episode, sometimes you can have hallucinations, or 'out of body' like experiences. Sometimes people who have dissociative episodes think that they're schizophrenic/etc.- which, to be fair, schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder DO include dissociative episodes. However, it's perfectly possible to have dissociative episodes and not be schizophrenic, or even have a disorder. In fact, I think most people can have them from time to time- dehydration can cause it, sleep deprivation can cause it, other disorders can cause it, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it's a recurring thing, and it really upsets you. Best of luck.

EDIT: I'd like to add that I have dissociative episodes/tendencies, and when I look at the carpet for too long, it moves. I've come to accept it.

Just a ghost

Nothing to see here
Karkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #3
jayce_xt

jayce_xt's Forum Picture

^^^^ I completely agree with the above poster. I'm curious, though: you mentioned "other strange things". Could you be a bit more specific? Maybe if you share these things, it can help the rest of us help you better
jayce_xt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #4
JamesSuperBoy
Awesome Poster

JamesSuperBoy's Forum Picture

Name: ^*~James~*^

Could be you were just tired or sleepy - but the floaters in your eyes is also a good start.
JamesSuperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 08:09 PM   #5
Whos_ur_Buddha

Whos_ur_Buddha's Forum Picture

Name: austin

I have nightmares, low self of stream and, issues with concentrating (started recently). Also i started having social issues. And thanks your probably right also that was very helpful.
Whos_ur_Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #6
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Do you constantly see stuff like this or does it only happen under specific circumstances? Cause I have a lot of visual, umm... phenomena, and I remember something sort of similar as a kid when I would lay in bed and look up at the ceiling. We had those really rough-plastered ceilings if you know what I'm talking about, and something about my visual stuff plus the textures on the ceiling made some strange stuff. I see similar stuff but it moves differently nowadays. I have stage 3 closed-eye hallucinations, visual snow, photophobia, yada yada. I'm not accusing you now of doing them, but have you ever done hallucinogenics? Some people have permanent visual hallucinations due to past drug use, but you can have been clean your whole life and still have stuff like that.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote