Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 18th, 2009, 12:58 AM   #1
infamous1

Default A downward spiral

Well I've been feeling bored... okay, not just bored but i feel like life's pointless, i mean we experience pain for what?

It all started when i started to take human growth and development in my school which just made me remember how much my childhood sucked. MY parents were always working, its gotten to a point were now we don't even talk, we don't have a relationship at all. Now i just feel as if I'm alone... I've had the thought of suicide many times, but i know i would never act upon them. I just feel as if no one would care. I don't know what to do I'm lost, I'm skipping classes to do nothing and drinking more than what i normally drink. what should i do? sorry but i just had to rant.
infamous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Destiny&Desire

Destiny&Desire's Forum Picture

Default Re: A downward spiral

heyy, sorry to hear that things aren't going too well atm

Are there any times where you're able to chat with your parents now? Sometimes relationships can be formed over just basic conversation (asking about what they did that day, etc.), because things slowly develop over time. Just because you didn't get off to the best start with them when you were younger doesn't mean that things have to stay the way they were. Try chatting with them when you get the chance, and maybe explain to them how you're feeling and your concerns about your relationship with them.

And this will probably sound like a bit of a lecture, but skipping classes is not good! I know it seems like a good idea at the time, getting away for a bit to do your own thing, but in the end it's not going to help you in the long-run with exams and stuff which are essential for your future. You mentioned that you don't do anything when you skip classes, so why not try attending them? It may seem pointless, but it really will make a difference in the future.

Is there anyone you could talk to about your suicidal/drinking problems? No-one should have to bottle stuff like that up (so it's good that you came and posted here); is there anyone like a teacher, a friend, or an authoritive figure you could open out to? Really, people do care, as unlikely as it seems, and people do want to help you to get the best from your life. No-one deserves to feel like that.

Just PM me or anyone else here on the forums if you wanna chat =]
x x x

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered. - Nelson Mandela
Destiny&Desire is offline   Reply With Quote