Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 26th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #1
Jenny13

Jenny13's Forum Picture

Name: Jenny
Unhappy Idk y

So almost ever night for the past 2 months I've cried. Idk know y I cry. I just do. I feel like I hate my life. A month ago I used to cut to make me feel better and I helped a little. Tonight I started cutting again. I hadn't done it for a month. Idk What's wrong with me. I thought about killing myself tonight but there was a friend talking with me and he convinced me not to. What if he's not around? Idk know why I cry and cut. I hate myself and I want to stop but I can't. Any advice?

Hi, hi.... Let's face it I suck at talking so talk to me and I'll talk back... I need friends!
I'd like to get to know everyone!
Jenny13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 02:09 AM   #2
uglyinsideandout
Banned

Name: Nicolette
Default Re: Idk y

If you can get some help like counseling you should do it maybe they can help. It seems weird to me to not know why. But maybe that's just because my reason why is so clear.
uglyinsideandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #3
Jenny13

Jenny13's Forum Picture

I don't really want a counselor. I just want a friend I can talk to. But I don't have that.

Hi, hi.... Let's face it I suck at talking so talk to me and I'll talk back... I need friends!
Old July 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Yugen
Member++

Yugen's Forum Picture

Name: Yugen

I can understand why you wouldn't want to go to counselling. It's not always for everyone. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to try, and try different counselors or different types of them (for example, it didn't work out when I went to a social worker, but my school counselor really suited me, and my psychologist, as much as I don't like her, did manage to get through a little bit). Eventually you might find the therapy that works best for you.

Yugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #5
Ben4ever
Member+

Name: Ben Ruffles

The next time you are at the doctor's office, just bring it up. It may be something as simple as hormones or it may be something more serious. It's better to find out. It may seem crazy, but it feels good to be happy! lol If you need someone to talk to, all you have to do is message me! YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

No matter what you may be dealing with I want you to know that You Are Not Alone
I'm 19, GAY as a rainbow,love to have weird conversations, I'm from south Louisiana
Ben4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #6
Jenny13

Jenny13's Forum Picture

Thanks....

Old July 27th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #7
Luminous
Legendary Member

Luminous's Forum Picture

You're depressed Jenny please stop hurtingyourself. Please remember thatthere are people here who understand have been through the same thing, just keep telling yourself 'I have no reason to feelthis pain I'm gonna make it go away' and smile and move on.

val
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #8
anyone50
Awesome Poster

anyone50's Forum Picture

To Be honest I think your beyond what most counselors can help you with. It sounds like your in deep depression as well as self image issues. When ever someone talks about ending his or her life it's time for an intervention of a medical nature. What I'm talking about is inpatient therapy where you can start to get a handle on your problems. There are several good drugs that will lessen the effects of severe depression but a counselor can't prescribe them. It may be time to let your counselor know everything because I suspect you haven't been exactly honest with them if you had they would have already recommended an inpatient stay.

17F BI
anyone50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #9
anyone50
Awesome Poster

anyone50's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPrincessXx View Post
You're depressed Jenny please stop hurtingyourself. Please remember thatthere are people here who understand have been through the same thing, just keep telling yourself 'I have no reason to feelthis pain I'm gonna make it go away' and smile and move on.
I agree with you she is suffering from depression but unfortunately because of the nature of depression people don't think rationally and are unable to as you say "just keep telling yourself 'I have no reason to feel this pain I'm going to make it go away' and smile and move on" Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and needs to be treated with medication. What triggers this in a person can be fairly complex just to name a few are genetic vulnerability, stressful life events, medications, and medical problems so treatment has to include therapy to prevent the depression form reoccurrence once the chemical imbalance has been restored by medication.. If only it was as simple as putting a smile on and just saying I'm not going to be depressed any more. Sorry this is so long I just feel this needed to be addressed.

17F BI
anyone50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:50 AM   #10
diddykong53
Junior Member+

diddykong53's Forum Picture

Name: Andrew

You feel like you don't want a counselor? They can really help and can be your best friends I you give it a try. Don't worry they'll accept you for who you if you cry they'll cry with you. They can give you a new perspective on this kind of stuff. I think that's what you need right now is a new better perspective on who you are.
diddykong53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #11
Jenny13

Jenny13's Forum Picture

I don't want a counselor I'm to afraid. I think I'd just sit there and cry in front of him or her. I'd be so embarrassed...

Old July 30th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #12
johnsmith1
Banned

johnsmith1's Forum Picture

Name: Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny13 View Post
I don't want a counselor I'm to afraid. I think I'd just sit there and cry in front of him or her. I'd be so embarrassed...
Sometimes it's hard to find someone close to talk to and to open up to. I can't say that I know what you are going through. However, opening up here is a good start. You may need someone close to talk to personally. Admitting that you're afraid to talk to a counsellor is not a bad thing. To cry would also be a step in opening up your emotions, and I'd be surprised, if a counsellor hadn't had a number of people crying. A release of emotions is a good thing. And we are here to listen on this site, so please don't feel hat you're alone....
johnsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #13
Luminous
Legendary Member

Luminous's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyone50 View Post
I agree with you she is suffering from depression but unfortunately because of the nature of depression people don't think rationally and are unable to as you say "just keep telling yourself 'I have no reason to feel this pain I'm going to make it go away' and smile and move on" Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain and needs to be treated with medication. What triggers this in a person can be fairly complex just to name a few are genetic vulnerability, stressful life events, medications, and medical problems so treatment has to include therapy to prevent the depression form reoccurrence once the chemical imbalance has been restored by medication.. If only it was as simple as putting a smile on and just saying I'm not going to be depressed any more. Sorry this is so long I just feel this needed to be addressed.
I agree some people do need to take meds. I was depressed, and I still am sometimes, and it worked for me. Sometimes what works for once person works for another, sometimes it does not.

val
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #14
Yugen
Member++

Yugen's Forum Picture

Name: Yugen

Guys, I know you're all saying she needs a doctor or counselor, but sometimes that's just not the way to go! It doesn't work for everyone. There's plenty of other options out there, like self exploration books and other at home therapies, as well as diet and exercise plans that help fix the imbalance. Exercise is considered as effective as medication because of the chemicals your body releases in the brain when you do it. It's a safer and just as effective way to feel better, for those who want a different more natural and self planned approach.

Yugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 07:03 AM   #15
Jenny13

Jenny13's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugen View Post
Guys, I know you're all saying she needs a doctor or counselor, but sometimes that's just not the way to go! It doesn't work for everyone. There's plenty of other options out there, like self exploration books and other at home therapies, as well as diet and exercise plans that help fix the imbalance. Exercise is considered as effective as medication because of the chemicals your body releases in the brain when you do it. It's a safer and just as effective way to feel better, for those who want a different more natural and self planned approach.
How do I do that yugen that's what I. Want to do about it.

Old July 31st, 2013, 10:01 AM   #16
Gigablue
Awesome Poster

Gigablue's Forum Picture

There are some home remedies that have shown effectiveness for mild or moderate depression, these include excercise, omega 3, St. John's wort, etc. However, I strongly doubt that these would be sufficient. You definitely need some sort of professional treatment.

A therapist of some sort might help. Some people respond very well to therapy, and achieve remission of their symptoms. That wasn't the case for me personally, but I know others for whom that was the case.

My adivce would be to see a psychiatrist as soon as possible. Antidepressants aren't perfect, but they work fairly well for severe depression. Especially when combined with therapy. The fact that you have had suicidal though is definitely a sign to see a psychiatrist.

Gigablue is offline   Reply With Quote