Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Old July 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1
Wisconsin
Member++

Wisconsin's Forum Picture

Name: Aaron
Default Possible Memory Loss?

So I had a really horrible childhood, and I won't tell you the whole story, cuz that would probably just take forever and make you all cry. Ill just give you the....uhm...main points.
-I was raped, quite a bit.
-I was abused.
-my stepmom hated me and made it known. But always hid it when my dad was around.
-my stepbrothers always made fun of me, beat on me, and teased me incessantly about being too smart, and not having many friends.
-I was taken away from my mother to live in the hellhole listed above.

--the thing is, I've always been pretty good about blocking a lot of that from my memory. So its not that part that I'm worried about. I was just thinking of a car accident my step mom got into when it was only me and her in the van. Neither of us were hurt, but the van was totaled. Now, I remember the street we were on, where we were going, and why it was only the two of us. I remember her having a seizure and driving into oncoming traffic and then crashing into the pole. I remember the people knocking on the windows asking if we were all right. That's where my memory stops. And then I remember being at the collision center, finding out the insurance company totalled the van. I don't remember how I got there, or what happened after I got out of the van. This isn't the first time I've realized there were things I don't remember, but this is the one that really puzzles me. Wouldn't something like being in an accident be kinda burned into your brain?

Open to any PM or VM, I don't do skype anymore, but it won't let me update that

I'm a bisexual dude, im 17, and currently struggling with depression. I don't take offense easily, so say whatever and let's talk about it
Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #2
DanteZombie

DanteZombie's Forum Picture

Name: Dante
Default Re: Possible Memory Loss?

You probably lost consciousness to be quite frank. You don't remember because you were not "awake" for those moments. That would make the most sense since you seem to have all the other details engraved in your brain so well.

Also I admire your persistence to keep going on despite your horrific past. If you need anything you can contact me and I'll do my best to help.
DanteZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #3
Blackhawknut1

It could be possible but I highly doubt it. You could just be forgetful unless you continue to forget things within the same day.
Blackhawknut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #4
RebelHeart

RebelHeart's Forum Picture

Name: Rebel

With bad things, not everything gets burned into your brain. Sometimes your brain says "F this shit, I'm not gonna do this" and you don't remember it at all. Some brains make you faint, others unconscious, and some others simply dissociative.

With the dissociative things, you might have the memory, but your brain won't let you see it. Usually seen with PTSD and DID, but can happen all the time.
RebelHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #5
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

Dont wory to much about it, once i was knoked of my bike by a jeep and the next thing i remember it was 3 days later, to this day i dont remember what happned, apparantly i was normal for thoses 3 days to everyone around me but i just dont remember it at all, i must have surcome to some sort of memory loss, i just dont know. I never told anyone about the jeep or the 3 missing days from my memory but i was perfectly fine
But DONT ignore it like i did, i could have had serious brain damage and i still sometimes forget a hour or a few mins of my life and never get them back you should go to a doctor asap and get your head checked out
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote