Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Do you support the right of Gay Marriage?
Yes 20 62.50%
No 9 28.13%
Unsure 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #41
kolte
I am: I am

kolte's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

but you don't deny that interacial marriage was looked down upon the church during the civil rights movments? Thats just how it is today, with gay marriage, its looked down upon by the church, but in 50 years, hopfully we will have forgotten our differences.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
Old February 13th, 2006, 11:50 PM   #42
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

The church hasn't always preached things that are 100% based on the Bible. The Bible is my main guide, and I don't see it shunning interracial marriage. It does, however, shun Gay relationship and marriage.

Church doctorine based off of this is clear, and if a Church wants to ban gay marriage, why not?

A government still can give the right to a civil union. It's a simple matter! Churches=Marriage, Government=Civil Union. Civil Union rights=Marriage rights (or should in my opinion).

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Old February 14th, 2006, 02:36 AM   #43
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

i agree with you!
but I think we should take a step further, and go for equal rights, afterall, we should all be equal.

""The New Law of Righteousness," that there "shall be no buying or selling, no fairs nor markets, but the whole earth shall be a common treasury for every man," and "there shall be none Lord over others, but every one shall be a Lord of himself.""
Old February 14th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #44
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

We are in 90% agreement. I want equal rights, but just keep mariage a religious thing. Could you immagine the government passing laws about communion? It just doesn't make sense.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

Old February 14th, 2006, 04:49 PM   #45
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

I can understand that, I can, but I don't know, it just seems like its emposing restrints on freedom no matter which way it goes. its imposing the churches right to religion and the homoseuxals right to marriage. how about this, a law should coinside with the right of gay marriage, that states the church has the right to refuse. Becauase some churches I'm sure would do it, most would not. I've come to a consensus on this one, It is not right to force churches to marry them, and its not right for gays to not allowed to be married. So a church should not be fored to marry a gay cuple, but the gay couple should have the right to get married.....something like that.

Old February 15th, 2006, 03:59 AM   #46
CoffeeBeak
Junior Member+

CoffeeBeak's Forum Picture

Dfsg, your communion argument is flawed. It would be similar if the Church was denying all Asians the right to communion or something. Or all short people.
Old February 15th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #47
2inchesandstillpullin
Banned

2inchesandstillpullin's Forum Picture

i dont mind if they get married...

But if they come within 50 feet of me i'll shoot 'em
Old February 15th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #48
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2inchesandstillpullin
But if they come within 50 feet of me i'll shoot 'em
really? i see that as gay bashing. something prhibited on this site, esspecialy since you wrote it small. i see that as being spineless as well.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:04 PM   #49
2inchesandstillpullin
Banned

i was only joking. my homour isn't limited to friendly giggles though.

i seriously have no problem with gay people - it's not personal at all.
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #50
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

joking? i am not laughing. and the fact you wrote it small says to me that you meant it.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #51
2inchesandstillpullin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcar
joking? i am not laughing. and the fact you wrote it small says to me that you meant it.
other forums have other atomspheres.

i'm new to this one, and i apologise - it won't happen again...

again, i didn't mean it.
Old February 15th, 2006, 04:12 PM   #52
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

appology accepted.

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
Old February 15th, 2006, 05:05 PM   #53
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

yeah, that was very offensive to the marority of members on this site. See too it that it never happnes again in the debate form or any other form on this site, gay bashing is grounds for bannment.

Old February 15th, 2006, 10:33 PM   #54
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Ah, the lexicon of a bulletin board, bannment My vocabulary has added a few things since joining up with GOV in 99.

As for Gay marriage, I just don't want to see the rights of the church lost. If it's a rights issue, both groups have rights. The church should have the right to keep it's spiritual thing thier own, and the government should have it's right to bring people into union under equal protection as a married couple. Sure, some churches are marrying gays, and though I find that odd theologically, I guess it was their choice to go that way, and in that case alone should a gay marriage truely happen.

My denomiation still doesn't allow it. We defrocked our president recently for presiding over his daughter's lesbian wedding... It was a big hubub in our general synod meeting.

Old February 24th, 2006, 09:52 PM   #55
Awesome Poster

M@//'s Forum Picture

I agree with it becuase everyone no matter what or who should be able to marry whomever they want. It is a right that Americans should be able to have without discrimination
Old February 25th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #56
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt*~777
I agree with it becuase everyone no matter what or who should be able to marry whomever they want. It is a right that Americans should be able to have without discrimination
dsfg is right in this debate though, it is not right to impose on the church's religious pratice's. They are protected under the constitution of the United States. But its not right to impose on the Homosexual Communities either. There rights are protected under the american freedom of choice principle. They should be allowed Civil Unions and the right of marriage, only if the church agrees to follow threw the marriage ceremony. No church should be forced to marry gay cuples. But hopfully we can learn to get along and resolve our differences threw mature conversation instead of violence like in the civilrights movemnt of the 1960's

Old February 25th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #57
--Josh--

This is kind of hard for me to put into words..

I'm a Christian, and homosexuality of any kind clearly goes against it, and in my religion, marriage is supposed to be the joining of a man/woman. So if I where forced to vote, I'd choose no, because of morals. BUT, as far as if it where legalized, it wouldn't really bother me that much. Everyone has a choice - whether my beliefs coincide with it or not. So, I'd have to vote no. BUT, I'm not a homophobe, or trying to be rude in -ANY- way. To any homosexuals on this board - I respect you guys, your beliefs, and your choices - Please understand me in that.
Old February 25th, 2006, 11:32 AM   #58
kolte

kolte's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Josh--
This is kind of hard for me to put into words..

I'm a Christian, and homosexuality of any kind clearly goes against it, and in my religion, marriage is supposed to be the joining of a man/woman. So if I where forced to vote, I'd choose no, because of morals. BUT, as far as if it where legalized, it wouldn't really bother me that much. Everyone has a choice - whether my beliefs coincide with it or not. So, I'd have to vote no. BUT, I'm not a homophobe, or trying to be rude in -ANY- way. To any homosexuals on this board - I respect you guys, your beliefs, and your choices - Please understand me in that.
Of course Pro activists and Traditional activists can get along, as long as we respect each other. When are respect is lost, so shall the argument be lost.

Old July 19th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #59
Diogo

Name: Diogo
Default Re: Pro gay marriage vs. No gay marriage

To the people who believe in GOD and jesus and that stupid things of religion. Gays or bis cannot marrie. Man and Women were designed to reproduce not to turn biologically handicapped animal.
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #60
Delusion15
Member+

Delusion15's Forum Picture

Name: Justin
Default Re: Pro gay marriage vs. No gay marriage

Why are priests forced to marry people they don't agree with. My mom and dad got married at a justice of the peace....

[/I]
Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system. ~Thomas Paine
Closed Thread