Old April 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #1
Everglow
Awesome Poster

Everglow's Forum Picture

Default Ceramics

he's for my ceramcis class...not done though

Attachment 26

Attachment 27

Everglow Has Left this place for a while...or for good. Time will tell.
It was a beautiful letdown
I was trying so hard to fit in
Fit in, until I found out...
I don't belong here

Last edited by Everglow; May 24th, 2007 at 04:42 PM.
Everglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:35 PM   #2
Zazu
6 years......

Zazu's Forum Picture

Name: David
Default Re: Ceramics

Lol, looks really funky! Like it!

- Never take anything for face value, never trust the system and never put up with an answer that you don't agree with. It's about time people realised the truth of this world.

CLICK IT NAO!!!
Zazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:07 PM   #3
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

Interesting. What is it supposed to be?
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #4
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

That Ant, is a traditional Kokopelli indian sculpture thing. It's a really famous symbol in the southwest (don't question me I live in the southwest!), and is believed to be a 'more powerful' being by a lot of Native American tribes.

And it is very good! That is very cool
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2007, 03:03 PM   #5
Everglow
Awesome Poster

Everglow's Forum Picture

lol yup, it's kokopelli!! lol the 'crazy flute guy' who plays around the southwest!

thanks guys!!! he's almost done..and i'll use him for a much larger project..i'll post more pics when that time comes!

I don't belong here

Last edited by Everglow; April 8th, 2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old April 8th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Eliza

Eliza's Forum Picture

Kokopeli! I saw this before anyone had commented and I've been going nuts after that in trying to remember what his name was Looks good so far!

-Liz
Eliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 11:18 PM   #7
Everglow
Awesome Poster

Everglow's Forum Picture

ok i have an update...soo i've been working on this massive project of mine for..ummm since the beginning of april..it's now like more than mid-may..well two days ago..i finally finished my big project..the one that i used my kokopelli for..the pictures above that mold was turned into a relief..made from plaster and stuff..i have another one too..it's of a lizard..well...the big project was a vase..that i had to build myself...i couldn't cheat and use the throwing wheel..that's the easy way...instead i had to build it up, coil by coil..well the vase was massive..probably about one foot and a few inches tall..and it's widest point was and little thinner than that of a basketball at its widest point. i put on four kokopelli guys and four lizards..the kokopellis danced around the bottom of the vase, while the lizards poked their bodies out from the top of the vase...i threw slip at it to give it a more earthy effect as well...it was beautiful and probably one of the best pieces of art i've created...sadly, yesterday my art teacher informed me that he accidentally kept my piece in the kiln for too long...it exploded..kokopellis and all..well the lizards survived, but the thing was obliterated..major piss off bc i worked sooo hard on this thing for sooo long...ut it wasn't that bad because it's actually kind of funny that my vase exploded i already got a pretty good grade on it..but i'll get nothing against me for the lack of glaze job..as it's been blasted to smithereens

I don't belong here

Last edited by Everglow; May 22nd, 2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #8
Everglow
Awesome Poster

Everglow's Forum Picture

Soo now that kokopelli has died...I have new work to show

Attachment 31

Attachment 32

I did the glazing today at school..it was fun..but I spilled some of the green on my shorts...urgh..Lemme know what you think..should I pursue artistry, or am I just a terrible artist? I'm going for a lighthouse appearance. The piece is an eye pendant, but I created it in the form of my interpretation of a light house. The eye is the light source, emanating its shine in a medium blue sky (as portrayed with the yellow streaks). The center of the eye is marigold orange, a very vivid orange..to fit the theme as a light source. The window like creations are designed to my exposition of lighthouse windows on a linear object..the pendant. Lastly, the green and royal blue glaze on the middle/bottom of the piece is to serve as the path to the lighthouse. The blue is the path, but the green gives it a natural, green grass type appearance to the path.

Ohh I do have a question about the piece...What color/or colors should I use to finish it up? It's not done yet, but I drew a massive blank today when I got to this point on how I want the middle to look..I have no idea. Any suggestions are well appreciated.

PS..When it's fired again..the colors will radiate to their true complexion. Let me explain that. The pupil, hardcore center..not the royal blue around the pupil or the ivory where the white of the eye should be, is a marigold orange, but it appears white. I don't know if you can tell, but on the window like parts of the piece are lined with a brilliant orange glaze, filling and defining a bordered rivet around the windows. The windows themselves are white, but lined with a royal blue and follow the contour of the orange rivet.

I don't belong here

Last edited by Everglow; June 28th, 2007 at 02:12 AM.
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:39 PM   #9
MoveAlong
Legendary Member

I think it's good, but I think you need a little more practice. Try some more class. I think you could sell some of 'em

It needs a little bit more of a 3D look though...it looks more like a talisman rather than a scape.
MoveAlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #10
Everglow
Awesome Poster

Everglow's Forum Picture

hey thanks movealong!!! lol it's my first semester playing with clay..lol but i think i'll continue it..i really enjoy it

sooo tomorrow i get to pick up my fired piece..hopefully it didn't explode..lol i'm slightly excited!!

I don't belong here