Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 14th, 2017, 01:38 PM   #1
devotionnel

devotionnel's Forum Picture

Name: shay
Default Stuck in a cycle

What used to be something I could contain has definitely spiralled out of control.

I'm now stuck in a cycle of self harm where I'd do it, beat myself up emotionally about it, guiltiness, bad thoughts, and I'd do it again.

I'm stuck in a bit of a bad situation at the moment and it makes me continually stressed out and paranoid and I use harming as a way to calm down, like smokers do with cigarettes. I try to find other coping methods but it tends to interfere with the healing process which in essence makes no progress.

I can't really last much more than a day without doing it. If I go over it I usually tend to get more paranoid, have panic attacks much more frequently, and I tend to feel pangs of pain (focused in my forearms and legs) where I would self harm normally as if I'm triggering the response without actually physically harming myself, which tends to make me feel worse.

Are there any coping methods I could use to at least increase the duration of time before these symptoms pop up? Like a couple of days or something?

devotionnel ~ help and advice moderator
ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
devotionnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2017, 05:19 PM   #2
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Default Re: Stuck in a cycle

Did you try the coping methods I suggested buddy?? I had a brief period of time where I was like this and I got out of it by distractions and constantly being with friends

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2017, 08:49 AM   #3
devotionnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Did you try the coping methods I suggested buddy?? I had a brief period of time where I was like this and I got out of it by distractions and constantly being with friends
I try and keep up with them but it usually takes a lot of willpower and I end up giving in or I can't stick to it for very long.

I'm just really scared that one day it's going to end up killing me.

ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*
Old January 15th, 2017, 11:49 AM   #4
Flapjack
Good Egg

Flapjack's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyonehorizons View Post
I try and keep up with them but it usually takes a lot of willpower and I end up giving in or I can't stick to it for very long.

I'm just really scared that one day it's going to end up killing me.
Have you tried tackling what is making you want to harm yourself? Honestly I think by far the best method is distraction, it has helped me and quite a few others I know If you get angry try exercising but otherwise distractions

Remember I am always here for you if you need me

I'm a prettyyy awkward weeb that likes alcohol and punk rock :')
Flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #5
devotionnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Have you tried tackling what is making you want to harm yourself? Honestly I think by far the best method is distraction, it has helped me and quite a few others I know If you get angry try exercising but otherwise distractions

Remember I am always here for you if you need me
Thank you buddy <3 much love.

Although I don't use self harm as a suicide attempt I would still consider myself suicidal. I progressively seem to do it more frequently and more harmful so I feel that it will progress that way further towards the thing I want to avoid.

ask me last.fm

~Endeavour was here~
*Mars was here*