Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 27th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #1
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster

Fiending_the_freedom's Forum Picture

Name: Tegan
Default Crap, crap, CRAP. I'm pregnant.

I just found out yesterday.

I was buying birth control and realized counting back I was late, so to be safe I bought a pregnancy test. It wasn't a big deal I've been late before.

So I took the test in the doctors office bathroom, and when I saw the "+", I just cired.

I waited in the waiting room, trying not to cry in front of people.
The blood test to make sure I really am comes back today, but those test are 99% accurate.

I can't belive this is happening to me.

I talked to my boyfriend, we both agree we are not going to keep it, I am only 18 for fucks sake.

I am so scared to get the actual procedure done, just because they do not let you take anyone in with you.
And I am 100% positive that I am making the right decision, but I am worried, that because of my depression I am going to hate myself after and go into one of those bouts.

I never thought I would have to say goodbye to a child.
I never thought I would be in this situation.

W a r n i n g: Too Many Thoughts Could Lead To An Explosion.

--Tegan
Fiending_the_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #2
Darkness
Member++

Darkness's Forum Picture

Name: Call me Alexis
Default Re: Crap, crap, CRAP. I'm pregnant.

You don't have to have an abortion you should consider trying adoption, jumping right in to abortion is silly, you can always have an abortion later, you can't undo one. Right now probaly it's just a coulple of stem cells- not a person, they can't think, or feel, or move, only split in two, you have nothing to be afraid or ashamed of.

If you think I can help you please PM me.
rukiayua is my VT lover and I'm her
Quote:
sexy monkey beast of a man
-If you love her set her free,
-If she loves you she will return to you,
-If not she didn't love you anyway,
-But first you need someone to set free,
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster

Getting an abortion is much safer for myself if you get it done as soon as possible.
I have always known that the option I would choose would be abortion if this ever happened.
I could not give away my child if i gave birth to it, that is much harder than getting an aboriton.
I am still in high school, I am too young to give birth.

I am totally comfertable with my decision, I am just worried about my depression after the fact.

--Tegan
Old January 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #4
Quick_Sylver
I Am Who Was

Quick_Sylver's Forum Picture

Name: Niko/Sylver

It's your choice. I'm sure you can handle it with your boyfriend by your side. You can and will survive. I'm here if you want to talk.

Thank you Siobhan <3
Connor: We're not mean, you're just Canadian.
~Kyle Was Here, and Was Awesome~
Quick_Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Nelson
Great Poster

I dont know exactly what to say, but i dont really agree with abortions, but then i dont really agree with adoptions

I can say this though. What grade (or whatever it is in Canada) are you in?
Do your parents know, because just because your pregnant doesnt mean you have to leave school, your parents could look after your baby while you go to school, but please consider something other than abortion, dont jump into it straight away, but your decision.

Keep us posted and Good Luck

-Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.-
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster

I was suppose to graduate high school last year, so I am in my second round of grade 12.
My parents are divorced, and my dad who I live with is 60.
I would never impose such a huge lifestyle change and responsibility on them.
I would not be able to support the baby, and I and personally apauled at how many kids my age are having children. I am still a child, I cannot have this baby.

I understand a lot of people are against abortions, i've actually have never heard of anyone being against adoption! Out of curiosity, could you explain what you have against that?

There are other factors in my decision, I did contract an STD this summer with my boyfriend, and I feel that that along with my age are big deciding factors.

--Tegan
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #7
Nelson
Great Poster

Do mean financially you cant support the baby, im sure social security or whatever it is there will help.

If you did decide to keep the baby, will your boyfriend be willing to stay and raise the baby with you?

Ive seen heaps of my friends go through the adoption system, some with siblings, some without, they were abused, in some cases raped, and if they had siblings they were torn away from them.

Did you contract the STD before or after finding out your pregnant

(and tell me if im being too nosey)

-Life is not measured by how many breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.-
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #8
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster

I contracted the std before getting pregnant.
I am able to give birth without passing it on, as long as i do not have an outbreak when giving birth, but I want to see where science goes with this as far as dealing with this disease. I would like to plan out with a doctor my options before getting pregnant.

That is not the main focus in my decision though.
I could not finacially support this child, and socical services only goes so far, when i have children i want them to have a great life, and give them everything they need.

My boyfriend is the father and he would support me in anything i choose, but we both know our lives would be over if we chose to keep it.

I do want a child one day, but that time is not now.
I wouldn't be able to live on my own, I wouldn't be able to afford to go to university, I wouldn't have time to do anything.

When i do have children I know i will look back on this and be sad, but I know that it is the right decision for me, and the me in 20 years.

--Tegan
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #9
Nelson
Great Poster

Mmm. Your in one awkward prediciment, have you planned the abortion yet?

Old January 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #10
Triceratops
VT Lover

I'm strictly against abortion, but it would be very unfair of me to thrust my own personal views down your throat.

You may need to have a deep think about this, since this could be a potentially life-altering decision. Going ahead with abortion is something that can never be undone.

Weigh out the pro's and con's of giving birth, or possibly resorting to abortion - as well as thoroughly compromising with your parents, close friends and your boyfriend as such. If you feel that aborting the child may cause psychological stress, consider seeking a counselor for help.

Just be incredibly careful with your choices; this is something that can bring damaging or rewarding outcomes, whichever the final decision may be.

Best of luck.

"I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in." ~ Charles Manson
Triceratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #11
Nelson
Great Poster

Great post Pandora. Couldnt say it better, I wasnt going to say im totally against abortions but in somecases they are needed, do you get my drift on that one :/

BTW, love the "hear my apoloogy;fuck you'' bit in your sig

Old January 27th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #12
nick
Legendary Member

nick's Forum Picture

Name: Nick

I too am very much against abortion. You're saying you've got an STD from your boyfriend and now your pregnant. Well sorry to be blunt but have you never heard of safe sex? Where's your sense of responsibility in all of this?

You must make your own choice and live with it. I wish you no ill. But a little bit more responsibility in future might be a good idea.
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #13
Jean Poutine
Awesome Poster

Jean Poutine's Forum Picture

Name: Tony

You gonna kill a being just 'cause you screwed up? We can leave the debate of abortion being a murder or not behind - if it isn't one thing, it's a fucking cop out. Abortion isn't contraception. Live with the consequences.

Protection maybe? Christ.

Jean Poutine, LL.B.

Last edited by Jean Poutine; January 27th, 2010 at 05:33 PM.
Jean Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #14
Ryhanna
Awesome Poster

Ryhanna's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNick View Post
I too am very much against abortion. You're saying you've got an STD from your boyfriend and now your pregnant. Well sorry to be blunt but have you never heard of safe sex? Where's your sense of responsibility in all of this?

You must make your own choice and live with it. I wish you no ill. But a little bit more responsibility in future might be a good idea.
I have to agree with this. But the fact is, now you're here and you can't go back and change it, so we'll stop dwelling in the past now figure out what you can do with your current predicament.

Okay, so you're 18 and pregnant. hmm, at least you aren't younger, that would be worse. Lots of teens get pregnant, most of them have abortions. Unless you're like, Jamie Lynn Spears or something, you'll probably want an abortion. Abortion seems the best way to go. Having an STD, depending on what it is, going through pegnancy and giving birth could potentially be dangerous to you and the baby.

Have an abortion if you want to. Don't be afriad, everything will be fine. You can have a baby later.

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
Ryhanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #15
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNick View Post
I was being safe, I was on birth control, but 1 out of 100 woman a year happen to get pregnant anyway. Me and my boyfriend contracted the STD from each other. We didn't use condoms because we both got tested and were clean, but we got herpes from a cold sore I had, and didn't know that you could get herpes through oral sex.
I am responsible, I've tried to be by being on birth control. I did not ask for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchimata View Post
You gonna kill a being just 'cause you screwed up? We can leave the debate of abortion being a murder or not behind - if it isn't one thing, it's a fucking cop out. Abortion isn't contraception. Live with the consequences.

Like i said before, I used birth control. I am not using abortion as a contraception, like I said in my original post, I never thought I would have to go through this because I am safe.
If I had this child it would not be healthy, through out the last 6 weeks of my prenancy I have drank a lot, smoked pot every day and done LSD twice. I am not going to bring a child into this world that will be harmed by my actions when I didnt realize i was pregnant.

--Tegan
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #16
anime Freak
Member+

i think you should keep it, there have been many sutations like yours were the mother got the baby aborted and then she felt absolutly horrible about it and became depressed for months and got pregnant again so the depression would go away,
anime Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #17
Fiending_the_freedom
Awesome Poster

I put this up here for support.
I am getting an abortion, that is my choice, and my final decision.
This baby will not be healthy from all the substances I've taken, along with other factors.

--Tegan
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #18
Giles
Legendary Member

Giles's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchimata View Post

Did you read her original post?
I thought not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhat
Age is just a number. Yeah? Prison is just a room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotStandUp View Post
call me harsh but you have to be a mega-attention seeker if you feel the need to announce that you're leaving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
i'm too busy licking my own arse to bother with ears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcofan View Post
So one time when i was watching her house
Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #19
Jean Poutine
Awesome Poster

Jean Poutine's Forum Picture

Name: Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmullet View Post
Did you read her original post?
I thought not...
?

All it said is "I was buying birth control". For all I know from the context it could be the first time she ever was going to use it.

Next time don't be a douche. I hate snide know-it-all people.

Jean Poutine, LL.B.
Jean Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #20
The Batman
Banned

Name: Thomdam

She says she's getting the abortion so let's leave the "don't get it" responses out of this thread.

Tegan I think you're doing what's right for you and the and the baby and to me that's what's best. I think they have counseling for after abortions so they'll like make sure you're doing alright and stuff. I'm sorry that you are going through this but you are a very strong girl and you can get past this.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote