Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #1
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default Incest

Is there any good argument against it, other than "It's disgusting"?

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #2
Whisper
Ancient Gmod
 
Whisper's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kodie
Join Date: June 30, 2004
Location: Van Island, BC
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default

First of all the disgusting should be enough I mean thats just......Wrong.....On so many levels. But yes theres a thing called genetic regretion.....That can get real nasty.

EDIT:

Why are you askin this?

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Whisper is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 05:30 PM   #3
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaDinG DreaM
First of all the disgusting should be enough I mean thats just......Wrong.....On so many levels. But yes theres a thing called genetic regretion.....That can get real nasty.

EDIT:

Why are you askin this?
I find homosexuality disgusting, is that enough to ban gay marriage? Of course not!

You think genetic defects happen in the children of all incest couples? Think again. It's just that since the people in the couples are related, it's more likely they'll contain recessive alleles that might lead to birth defects. However, said alleles probably aren't common. Also, since gays can't give birth to their own children, would you be against homosexual incest?

I'm asking this because I haven't seen any good arguments against it.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #4
Whisper
Ancient Gmod
 
Whisper's Forum Picture
 
Name: Kodie
Join Date: June 30, 2004
Location: Van Island, BC
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Don't worry Thomas he's just mad cause he's losing the battle in other debates about the false god that he choses to blindly worship, which normally I wouldn't have a problem with, everybodys diffrent he has the right to his opinion but his adittude is begining to annoy me.

I'm not gonna even bother getting the facts and posting them here I know that I can argue the facts till the so called apocalypse that buy the way is like what 5yrs late now and he still won't admit to it, so I aint gonna waist my time.

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Whisper is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:06 PM   #5
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaDinG DreaM
Don't worry Thomas he's just mad cause he's losing the battle in other debates about the false god that he choses to blindly worship, which normally I wouldn't have a problem with, everybodys diffrent he has the right to his opinion but his adittude is begining to annoy me.

I'm not gonna even bother getting the facts and posting them here I know that I can argue the facts till the so called apocalypse that buy the way is like what 5yrs late now and he still won't admit to it, so I aint gonna waist my time.
First of all, I'm not mad, if anything, you're the mad ones. What the hell is this appocalypse shit you're talking about?

And for this debate, you can't even bother getting facts and posting them here...BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE! If there was a way to do punnett squares on this board, I'd show you how incest =/= birth defects.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #6
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaDinG DreaM
First of all the disgusting should be enough I mean thats just......Wrong.....On so many levels. But yes theres a thing called genetic regretion.....That can get real nasty.

EDIT:

Why are you askin this?
I find homosexuality disgusting, is that enough to ban gay marriage? Of course not!

You think genetic defects happen in the children of all incest couples? Think again. It's just that since the people in the couples are related, it's more likely they'll contain recessive alleles that might lead to birth defects. However, said alleles probably aren't common. Also, since gays can't give birth to their own children, would you be against homosexual incest?

I'm asking this because I haven't seen any good arguments against it.
I thought this was about incest, not about saying how gay people are disgusting.
This isn't supposed to say how gay people are disgusting, my point is, why the double standard?

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:18 PM   #7
maximan
Member++
 
maximan's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: July 25, 2004
Location: My room, obviously
Default

I think it's gross, but it's your life. As long as you dont do your mom in front of me, I'm fine 8)
maximan is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:22 PM   #8
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaDinG DreaM
First of all the disgusting should be enough I mean thats just......Wrong.....On so many levels. But yes theres a thing called genetic regretion.....That can get real nasty.

EDIT:

Why are you askin this?
I find homosexuality disgusting, is that enough to ban gay marriage? Of course not!

You think genetic defects happen in the children of all incest couples? Think again. It's just that since the people in the couples are related, it's more likely they'll contain recessive alleles that might lead to birth defects. However, said alleles probably aren't common. Also, since gays can't give birth to their own children, would you be against homosexual incest?

I'm asking this because I haven't seen any good arguments against it.
I thought this was about incest, not about saying how gay people are disgusting.
This isn't supposed to say how gay people are disgusting, my point is, why the double standard?
Then how come you went ranting on about it?
Well, if the main argument about incest is that their children would have birth defects (which is untrue), I was asking "Would you be against homosexual incest, if they can't biologically have children?" I'm sorry if I was unclear.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #9
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaDinG DreaM
First of all the disgusting should be enough I mean thats just......Wrong.....On so many levels. But yes theres a thing called genetic regretion.....That can get real nasty.

EDIT:

Why are you askin this?
I find homosexuality disgusting, is that enough to ban gay marriage? Of course not!

You think genetic defects happen in the children of all incest couples? Think again. It's just that since the people in the couples are related, it's more likely they'll contain recessive alleles that might lead to birth defects. However, said alleles probably aren't common. Also, since gays can't give birth to their own children, would you be against homosexual incest?

I'm asking this because I haven't seen any good arguments against it.
I thought this was about incest, not about saying how gay people are disgusting.
This isn't supposed to say how gay people are disgusting, my point is, why the double standard?
Then how come you went ranting on about it?
Well, if the main argument about incest is that their children would have birth defects (which is untrue), I was asking "Would you be against homosexual incest, if they can't biologically have children?" I'm sorry if I was unclear.
Yes I am against any type of incest.
Why? The argument "It's disgusting" holds no ground.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 09:53 PM   #10
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaDinG DreaM
First of all the disgusting should be enough I mean thats just......Wrong.....On so many levels. But yes theres a thing called genetic regretion.....That can get real nasty.

EDIT:

Why are you askin this?
I find homosexuality disgusting, is that enough to ban gay marriage? Of course not!

You think genetic defects happen in the children of all incest couples? Think again. It's just that since the people in the couples are related, it's more likely they'll contain recessive alleles that might lead to birth defects. However, said alleles probably aren't common. Also, since gays can't give birth to their own children, would you be against homosexual incest?

I'm asking this because I haven't seen any good arguments against it.
I thought this was about incest, not about saying how gay people are disgusting.
This isn't supposed to say how gay people are disgusting, my point is, why the double standard?
Then how come you went ranting on about it?
Well, if the main argument about incest is that their children would have birth defects (which is untrue), I was asking "Would you be against homosexual incest, if they can't biologically have children?" I'm sorry if I was unclear.
Yes I am against any type of incest.
Why? The argument "It's disgusting" holds no ground.
Because it's just wrong, you should not do that with your family. It's wrong.
That doesn't hold ground either. What would you say if I said gay marriage shouldn't be allowed "because it's wrong"?

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 10th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #11
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
[quote:49f24c2f35="FaDinG DreaM"]First of all the disgusting should be enough I mean thats just......Wrong.....On so many levels. But yes theres a thing called genetic regretion.....That can get real nasty.

EDIT:

Why are you askin this?
I find homosexuality disgusting, is that enough to ban gay marriage? Of course not!

You think genetic defects happen in the children of all incest couples? Think again. It's just that since the people in the couples are related, it's more likely they'll contain recessive alleles that might lead to birth defects. However, said alleles probably aren't common. Also, since gays can't give birth to their own children, would you be against homosexual incest?

I'm asking this because I haven't seen any good arguments against it.
I thought this was about incest, not about saying how gay people are disgusting.
This isn't supposed to say how gay people are disgusting, my point is, why the double standard?
Then how come you went ranting on about it?
Well, if the main argument about incest is that their children would have birth defects (which is untrue), I was asking "Would you be against homosexual incest, if they can't biologically have children?" I'm sorry if I was unclear.
Yes I am against any type of incest.
Why? The argument "It's disgusting" holds no ground.
Because it's just wrong, you should not do that with your family. It's wrong.
That doesn't hold ground either. What would you say if I said gay marriage shouldn't be allowed "because it's wrong"?
Do you like have sex with your family or something, or do you just like having arguments? It's just no acceptable, it can cause problems...[/quote:49f24c2f35]

I'm arguing because I'm unclear. This is what I always hear:

"It's disgusting."

What's so disgusting about it?

"It's wrong."

What's so wrong about it?

"It leads to birth defects."

Only if both family members carry recessive alleles for said birth defect and said alleles get passed down.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 11th, 2005, 04:02 PM   #12
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
[quote:75d2cec861="Thomas"][quote:75d2cec861="1337 Man"][quote:75d2cec861="FaDinG DreaM"]First of all the disgusting should be enough I mean thats just......Wrong.....On so many levels. But yes theres a thing called genetic regretion.....That can get real nasty.

EDIT:

Why are you askin this?
I find homosexuality disgusting, is that enough to ban gay marriage? Of course not!

You think genetic defects happen in the children of all incest couples? Think again. It's just that since the people in the couples are related, it's more likely they'll contain recessive alleles that might lead to birth defects. However, said alleles probably aren't common. Also, since gays can't give birth to their own children, would you be against homosexual incest?

I'm asking this because I haven't seen any good arguments against it.
I thought this was about incest, not about saying how gay people are disgusting.
This isn't supposed to say how gay people are disgusting, my point is, why the double standard?
Then how come you went ranting on about it?
Well, if the main argument about incest is that their children would have birth defects (which is untrue), I was asking "Would you be against homosexual incest, if they can't biologically have children?" I'm sorry if I was unclear.
Yes I am against any type of incest.
Why? The argument "It's disgusting" holds no ground.
Because it's just wrong, you should not do that with your family. It's wrong.
That doesn't hold ground either. What would you say if I said gay marriage shouldn't be allowed "because it's wrong"?
Do you like have sex with your family or something, or do you just like having arguments? It's just no acceptable, it can cause problems...[/quote:75d2cec861]

I'm arguing because I'm unclear. This is what I always hear:

"It's disgusting."

What's so disgusting about it?

"It's wrong."

What's so wrong about it?

"It leads to birth defects."

Only if both family members carry recessive alleles for said birth defect and said alleles get passed down.[/quote:75d2cec861]
Well it causes problems in the family, do you think that 7 year olds should be having sex with there mom or dad. NO. It's like molestation. IT'S WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS. Are you being molested by your parents?[/quote:75d2cec861]

Who said I supported pedophiliac incest?

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #13
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Well you know what, you are messed up, have fun having sex with your sister or kids.
I'm not for it or anything, I just want a good argument against incest, and why people think it's so "messed up" or "wrong". So far, nobody has posted a good reason why incest is bad.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 11th, 2005, 06:27 PM   #14
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
It causes unstable relationships in the family
The same could be said about homosexuality, in the way that homosexual children might be disowned by their parents.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 11th, 2005, 10:09 PM   #15
Julio caesar shavez the 4
Nice Poster
 
Join Date: January 26, 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
I'm not for it or anything, SoI just want a good argument against incest, and why people think it's so "messed up" or "wrong". far, nobody has posted a good reason why incest is bad.
besides the fact that its fucks with the kids out come there is nothing rong with it . its just that our society dose not exceptet it like i ancient greece gay where so normal its not even funny but now a days it like a fucking sin. but if kill some iraqy on the street cuz u saw him with a gun u would get 2 murder charges put on u no one would exsepet that put if u were in war and shot one you would get a metal
well what i just trying to say is if society exsept it it is they auto matically ok
Julio caesar shavez the 4 is offline  
Old February 11th, 2005, 10:32 PM   #16
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
There's nothing wrong with homosexuality, get over it. It does not matter if it's two men, or two women, or a man and a women. You live in a world where people are different then you, so accept it. Why don't you just get over it. Gosh, Idiot.
I have no beef with homosexuality or incest. You're telling me to "accept the fact" that people are different? Why don't you accept incest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio caesar shavez the 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 Man
I'm not for it or anything, SoI just want a good argument against incest, and why people think it's so "messed up" or "wrong". far, nobody has posted a good reason why incest is bad.
besides the fact that its fucks with the kids out come there is nothing rong with it . its just that our society dose not exceptet it like i ancient greece gay where so normal its not even funny but now a days it like a fucking sin. but if kill some iraqy on the street cuz u saw him with a gun u would get 2 murder charges put on u no one would exsepet that put if u were in war and shot one you would get a metal
well what i just trying to say is if society exsept it it is they auto matically ok
You obviously don't understand genetics that well if you think "it screws up kids". I've done a family tree below to show how "screwed up" incest can be.



If the defected gene is not found in the children of children 1 and 2, and those children reproduce for forever, It's impossible for the defected gene to occur in their children. What about the children of children 3 and 4? Their children have more instances of the defect, with only one homozygous dominant child. Ah! But if children 2, 3, and 4 from children 3 and 4 reproduced with child 1, all of their children would not have the trait!

And that's assuming the first mother or father has the recessive gene for the defect in the first place (which is very unlikely)! If both original parents are homozygous for the dominant trait, then none of their children will have any chance of getting the recessive gene unless they reproduce outside of the family!

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 12th, 2005, 01:36 AM   #17
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

First of all, incest is ILLEGAL. Second of all, having kids from the same gene pool DOES cause defects, and at the third generation level almost certainly DEATH. And because it leads to DEATh is why it is ILLEGAL
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline  
Old February 12th, 2005, 08:37 AM   #18
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
I don't except incest, that is all.

You never anwsered my question, do you have sex with family members? And would you?
No, I don't have sex with family members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos
First of all, incest is ILLEGAL. Second of all, having kids from the same gene pool DOES cause defects, and at the third generation level almost certainly DEATH. And because it leads to DEATh is why it is ILLEGAL
No, it doesn't. I provided a diagram in my previous post that shows that incest =/= birth defects. If none of the original parents carry a recessive allele for the defect in the first place (both parents with DD genes), it is impossible, I repeat, impossible for anyone in the family line to give birth to defected children, unless they marry outside of the family.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 12th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #19
1337 Man
Member+
 
1337 Man's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: September 28, 2004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Well 1337 man WOULD you have sex with your family members?
Probably not, unless I had a really hot sister. But even then probably not, because she might get grossed out.

<<< It\'s Limecat! He is not pleased!
1337 Man is offline  
Old February 13th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #20
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

"No, it doesn't. I provided a diagram in my previous post that shows that incest =/= birth defects. If none of the original parents carry a recessive allele for the defect in the first place (both parents with DD genes), it is impossible, I repeat, impossible "

im so sorry to tell you this, but you are a moron.

I have made a diagram of my own, and this proves scientifically with irrefutable facts that it IS possible. Observe:


What you fail to understand, is that PERFECT genes from a brother and PERFECT genes from a sister = messed up shit
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org