Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 17th, 2018, 04:31 AM   #1
Phillipjhill

Default CBT for 18-year-old with OCD and depression

I'm an 18-year-old OCD person living in Toronto. I was diagnosed 2 years ago. My symptoms include checking and intrusive thoughts. Sometimes I think about strangling my friends or relatives. I always do the same things over and over again. Like listening to the same songs many times, brushing teeth, again and again, checking my cell phone in pocket many times, etc. My parents tried many treatments, therapies, etc. But nothing changed my behaviors. And because of this terrible life, I think I am developing depression now. I feel like I'm alone and everybody is against me. All my thoughts are negative. But I came to know about a treatment called cognitive behavior therapy form the web. After reading some articles I decided to try it. From what I know, CBT is really effective in treating depression and OCD. Actually, everybody is saying it is the only effective treatment for OCD. And my parents found an OCD therapy center in Toronto that provides CBT treatment. So before trying it I just wanted to know more about it. Please share everything you know about this treatment.
Phillipjhill is offline   Reply With Quote