Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 8th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #1
justin 13
Banned

justin 13's Forum Picture

Name: Keith
Default Insecurity

I'm really a normal, shy and boring guy and happy most of the times, the thing is I'm really terrify if my Dad lose his job, we are in a very difficult situation not having enough money to cover the expenses, my Dad try to hide this stuff from us ( me and my Bro) but sometimes I heard him talking with our relatives about the economic stuff in our family. I don't know how to feel better, I'm really worry. Somebody out there in the same situation?
justin 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Paraxiom
neophyte ietsist

Paraxiom's Forum Picture

Default Re: Insecurity

My family is also not in the best of the economic situation. I am not materialistic and hardly spend money myself, which lessens the effect of money in shortage for me. But in the past 2 weeks my parents have had to borrow 30 euro to pay for the petrol for the cars. And I'm not getting it back for a month or so.
Paraxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #3
AMERICANelite123

AMERICANelite123's Forum Picture

Name: Cydnie

Similar things have and are happening within my family as a whole, it isn't fun at all. I'm sure you guys will get out of this slump and things will turn out better. I wouldn't share the financial troubles of your parents with your friends though, it can be an embarrassing thing. Just take what you have and make the absolute best of it that you can. Chin up

Just your AVERAGE girl
AMERICANelite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #4
Xavier2

Xavier2's Forum Picture

Name: Xavier

Oh mate, I know what you're experiencing all too well. I think you just have to try to not work yourselp up too much about it, you would have school and like you mentioned in your sig sports as well. If it's bills you could help just be conversing electricity and water when you can, like if you see electrionics or lights on around the house when no one is using them turn it off. Given your age there isn't much I could think off that you could do to ease the financial situation with your father.

Is there any welfare/student support people at your school you could talk to about this stressing you out? They might be able to check around for someone your dad could see to help him manage things financially and perhaps set up some way to deal with the possibility of him losing his job, perhaps work out a safety net of sorts. It's possible your dad discussing this with your relatives might be him trying to work out something in just in case he ends up without employment for however long.

Do you have a significant reason to believe that he might lose his job? Is it just your dad, brother and yourself? I don't want to feel like I'm intruding but if you feel comfortable providing some more information that would be good. Hang in there for now mate, try not to let it stress you out too much.
Xavier2 is offline   Reply With Quote