Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2014, 11:24 PM   #1
ksdnfkfr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 28, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 3
Default The four letter minimum

Would like to be able to write "yes" or "no" or "7" (in one of the counting threads) without having to add "." or whatever, like just "7" instead of "7..."
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 07:04 AM   #2
Deleted User
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: August 28, 2010
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: The four letter minimum

It's to prevent spamming from both users and the occasional bot (although those usually seem quite chatty).

And is it really so hard to write "seven" instead of "7" just to pass that four character thing?

Last edited by Deleted User; October 2nd, 2014 at 04:56 PM.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:01 PM   #3
Typhlosion
Fire-type Metalhead
 
Typhlosion's Forum Picture
 
Name: Alex
Join Date: December 18, 2013
Location: Brazil!
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: The four letter minimum

Just talk like a happy pirate!

Aye! / Arr!
Nay! / Nar!

If it's just some post like "How many dogs you have" it might be more exciting to read if you described them a little instead of just posting "2..."

Formerly at your service! ^^
Ex-GD Mod

Straight / Atheist / Metalhead / Right-wing / Aspie
Typhlosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 01:35 PM   #4
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat
 
CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture
 
Name: Joe
Join Date: July 21, 2013
Location: Yo mamas ass
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: The four letter minimum

I'm on the side of Ezra here, it irritate me, only slightly, but none the less. It often makes you come across and unenthusiastic or bored.

My names Joe, but you can call me "Lord and master of all space and time"
I'm Bisexual, deal with it
Ask me shit

~Mike was here~
CosmicNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 04:19 PM   #5
KaraaaHope
Member
 
Name: Kara
Join Date: March 9, 2014
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Default Re: The four letter minimum

Maybe it's to actually get people to talk to each other rather than just saying "yes" or "no." I mean this IS a social site..

{~Kara~}
KaraaaHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 10:26 PM   #6
ksdnfkfr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 28, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: The four letter minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Widow View Post
It's to prevent spamming from both users and the occasional bot (although those usually seem quite chatty).

And is it really so hard to write "seven" instead of "7" just to pass that four character thing?
Well usually when I write "7" or '"17" it's during a counting race to see who can get to 25 the quickest. And since all my other forums let me write "7" I forget about not being able to write "7" here and get an error message and then have to retype it "7..." or "seven" but by that time it's too late and I have to change it to a "12.." or a "twelve"......

Just a suggestion.....
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2014, 10:36 PM   #7
Deleted User
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: August 28, 2010
Gender: Undisclosed
Default Re: The four letter minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
Well usually when I write "7" or '"17" it's during a counting race to see who can get to 25 the quickest. And since all my other forums let me write "7" I forget about not being able to write "7" here and get an error message and then have to retype it "7..." or "seven" but by that time it's too late and I have to change it to a "12.." or a "twelve"......

Just a suggestion.....
Again, it's to prevent spamming. I doubt it will ever change.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:41 PM   #8
xXl0sth0peXx
Administrator
 
xXl0sth0peXx's Forum Picture
 
Name: Val
Join Date: July 17, 2011
Location: in the middle of hell..
Gender: Cisgender Female
Default Re: The four letter minimum

This won't change, I can assure that. As said, it's for spamming measures and it's really not that much of a hassle. It's only really in that one forum, in a few thread that it's ever an issue, and it's not worth changing for that. We'd might as well have no filter if it's less than 4, and we need something, as said for spamming measures. Just make it 7 with a few smiley faces or write it out or add dots or something.. it's not that bad.

I do get it, and it is annoying at times, especially when I fall for it, but it's just not a reasonable change to make, as much as I'd like it.

Feel free to contact me: [email protected]|PM me
Feel free to visit: Ask Me|Diary|My Tumblr

"Perfect. Nice and bright outside. Wow, I'm so rococo x.X" - Bethany
~Steven
- Ali
xXl0sth0peXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 08:11 PM   #9
DerBear
Retired H&A Mod
 
DerBear's Forum Picture
 
Name: Derri
Join Date: April 2, 2011
Location: Scotland
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 7
Default Re: The four letter minimum

Its not that big a deal and the only workaround you might be able to find is if you could somehow have a white list with numbers/common words such as yes or no added. However it might not be possible (haven't ever checked) and it would be a lot of work for something so small.


Retired Help & Advice Mod

If anyone wants to add me on PSN feel free to send me a PM.
DerBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2014, 08:21 PM   #10
ksdnfkfr
Banned
 
Join Date: August 28, 2013
Gender: Undisclosed
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: The four letter minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXl0sth0peXx View Post
This won't change, I can assure that. As said, it's for spamming measures and it's really not that much of a hassle. It's only really in that one forum, in a few thread that it's ever an issue, and it's not worth changing for that. We'd might as well have no filter if it's less than 4, and we need something, as said for spamming measures. Just make it 7 with a few smiley faces or write it out or add dots or something.. it's not that bad.

I do get it, and it is annoying at times, especially when I fall for it, but it's just not a reasonable change to make, as much as I'd like it.
Okay doky that's cool I understand. Now that I suggested it, I wont be bugged by it
ksdnfkfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:06 PM   #11
Cangirl
Nice Poster
 
Cangirl's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: October 15, 2014
Location: Canada
Gender: Female
Blog Entries: 2
Default Re: The four letter minimum

I don't like shortening to much but sometimes its faster and easier to shorten things. but yeah on the counting threads it doesn't matter adding the "..." i mean its three little dots so not much effort.
Cangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #12
Baconator
Junior Member+
 
Baconator's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jordan
Join Date: September 8, 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gender: Male
Default Re: The four letter minimum

Texting slang such as "thx" or "tbh" or so on really irritate me. I don't support this.

Stop the stereotypes,
Stop the pain,
Stop the hate.
Baconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2018
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2018, VirtualTeen.org