Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old November 26th, 2006, 04:42 AM   #21
redcar
Retired Administrator

redcar's Forum Picture

Default Re: Patriotism

okie dokie i'll move these all latter cause i am off shopping soon and have to have a cup of tea etc to wake me up.

but before i go, Phantom, i dont know if its just me being in university and i am obsessed with it now because i have to be, but where did you get that info on Ozone from? i am obsessed with referencing!

but if i were to continue that article it would prob say something like "although there are plenty of oxygen molecules the problem is they are spending moere time as O2 molecules rather than O3 molecules due to forming compounds with other elements such as Bromine and Chlorine"

~ A L E X ~

||||||||||||
redcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #22
*Dissident*
Nice Poster

*Dissident*'s Forum Picture

just to add something here, the middle ages actually experienced a bout of cooler weather, causing mass famine and leading to the black plague.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/875...ar77282xr4.gif

you can bomb the world to pieces
but you cant bomb it into peace

life is to short to make just on decision. musics to loud for just one station. love is to big for just one nation, and God is to big for just one religion

Come visit my diary, War is Hell! http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/fo...play.php?f=104
*Dissident* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #23
Phantom
Awesome Poster

Phantom's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dissident* View Post
just to add something here, the middle ages actually experienced a bout of cooler weather, causing mass famine and leading to the black plague.
um hello on what world does cold cause famine? Heat causes famine because it dries up all the water and kills crops.
The black plague has nothing to do with this, it was spread by fleas.
Please get your facts straight.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself John Stuart Mill
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4...rtarianlq5.png
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #24
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

okay i'm not sure bout the plauge part might be true but i dont think so...not sure

the cold killing crops well....I live in Alberta
trust me
thats true
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #25
0=
Gone...

0='s Forum Picture

The Black Death wasn't bubonic plague, that spreads far too slowly, go do some research on it, it's still infecting people in Africa.
0= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #26
Sapphire
Tears & Smiles

Sapphire's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
um hello on what world does cold cause famine? Heat causes famine because it dries up all the water and kills crops.
The black plague has nothing to do with this, it was spread by fleas.
Please get your facts straight.
Any extreme in temperature can cause famine. Surely you (someone who claims to be so knowledgeable about everything) can understand that excessive snow or frost or the such like will have an adverse effect on vegetation. It is common sense.

~ The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step ~

* Nothing in the world has ever been accomplished without passion *
Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #27
Phantom
Awesome Poster

Phantom's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
Any extreme in temperature can cause famine. Surely you (someone who claims to be so knowledgeable about everything) can understand that excessive snow or frost or the such like will have an adverse effect on vegetation. It is common sense.
Cold does not dry up water now does it. Also its not cold all year round, crops do not need that much heat to grow successfully.
And no I don't claim to know everything thats just another dumb remark by you that has no backing.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself John Stuart Mill
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:01 PM   #28
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie
Default Re: Global Warming

Phantom popo
both of you STOP IT NOW!

I will NOT warn you again
and i will NOT let this thread be ruined by sensless fighting
use facts not bickery
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #29
0=
Gone...

0='s Forum Picture

My argument was that cold does destroy crops. See The Nuclear Issue for my answer to global warming.
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:24 PM   #30
Makod
Member++

Makod's Forum Picture

Well, we can't prove global warming is happening for a specific reason, there are inclinations though. All you need for proof that something is happening is to go outside, we still haven't hit the freezing point ONCE this winter in Mass. The weather has been extremely warm for this time of year, last week we were mostly in the 50s and 60s.

Offtopic: I notice the PS3 (thank you popo's sig) is getting owned hard.

And so we ignore the beggar's cup
Praise your act in the Grand Finale
Teach the unborn the winners sign
a welcome grin to the world Royal
Makod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #31
Elscire
VT Lover

Elscire's Forum Picture

the united government had banned CFC's.
teh only problem we face today is burning fossil fuels which is the main cause to global warming.
Elscire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:45 PM   #32
xTheLordsServantx
Member+

xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture

I think Global Warming is a problem that we have gotten ourselves into and its a shame. But I dont think we should stress about it because God can do anything, including fix all of our problems, but we have to trust in Him. We will never be able to get rid of the countless terrors of this world, but to solve this problem, we need faith.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html
xTheLordsServantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 08:42 PM   #33
Bankai15
Nice Poster

Bankai15's Forum Picture

global warming is something that is true. But it is not something to go freaking nuts over. Al Gore for a prime example is out of his mind thinking that the world is coming to a end. {drugs are bad m'kay} so lets fix it now and we wont haft to worry about it later. {freedom fighter out}
Bankai15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:38 PM   #34
0=
Gone...

0='s Forum Picture

God isn't gonna do shit to help the environment. I'm willing to bet you $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 on that one.
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:45 PM   #35
Elscire
VT Lover

Elscire's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTheLordsServantx View Post
I think Global Warming is a problem that we have gotten ourselves into and its a shame. But I dont think we should stress about it because God can do anything, including fix all of our problems, but we have to trust in Him. We will never be able to get rid of the countless terrors of this world, but to solve this problem, we need faith.
by him you surely don't mean the dumb president bush
Elscire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:52 PM   #36
Phantom
Awesome Poster

Phantom's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karminé View Post
by him you surely don't mean the dumb president bush
LOL!

Old December 2nd, 2006, 04:09 AM   #37
cmpcmp
Member++

First off I'm not ignorant, and I'm not will fully blind either. There are a couple things that we know to be true.
-in the recent past (relational to the history of the earths climate) 100 years the earth's surface temperature has warmed, by around 1 (f*) or a little more.
-There is such thing as the greenhouse effect and it keeps the earth at a livable temperature
-increased greenhouse gases ---> increased absorption of the suns heat,higher temperatures.
-----------------
Now there are a lot of things to think about,
-How many factors are there on the earths surface temperature?
*well there are thousands, may of which are understood very little, and they all play a part in what the temperature ends up being. Inherently some have a greater effect than others.
-Does the temperature of the earth change "naturally"
*yes, we have had ice ages, a medieval warming period, and basically everything in between
-Does "man" effect temperature?
*yes greenhouse gases, changing the materials that the sun hits when it gets to earth... many more.
------------------
Humans do increase the temperature of the earth, but they are not the only thing that changes it, they are far from it, and not only that, but greenhouse gases aren't the only way that humans change it, Ever heard of "urban heat islands"? look it up.
http://eetd.lbl.gov/HeatIsland/LEARN/

and the whole idea of "changing the temperature" would imply that the temperate before would stay the same unless other wise changed, but no one who knows what they are talking about at all would agree with that as the temperature of the earth has changed, and often drastically over time
----------------------
another thing that must be considered is the "state of fear" effect that the media has on every thing relating to fear that sells add time or papers or w/e.
-If the audience thinks that what is on effects them (fear) they will buy/watch it.
-It has happened countless times with many things that have been blown way out of proportion like:
--Y2k, according to wikipedia "The total cost of the work done in preparation for Y2K was $US 300 billion." thats a lot of money for not a lot of actual problem.
--KILLER BEES!!!, at one time a major news story "The Africanized bee is widely feared by the public, a reaction that has been amplified by sensationalist movies and some of the media reports. Since their introduction to the United States there have been 14 deaths from Africanized bees over the several year period, which makes them less hazardous than venomous snakes." 14 people total, thats less than die by that lethal hands of vending machines (look it up if you don't believe) (wait a minute, vending machines don't even have hands!)
-so on and so on, even one as I write this, the threat of terrorism.

this state of fear blows every thing way out of proportion.
----------------------
just curious, DO you know what the largest (most influential on temperature) green house gas is? water vapor (look it up)

Some Scientists say that last years big US hurricanes were caused by, well just guess.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Globa...es-37124.shtml
but there weren't any big US hurricanes this year, does that mean global warming is on the fall? or does it only work one way? is that fair?

So, how long has the earth been in this warming trend? well don't tell that to Time who fell in to the "cooling" hype 30 years ago, no joke see for yourself (can u say fear?)
http://denisdutton.com/cooling_world.htm
http://newsbusters.org/node/6546

And on the subject of Computer models of warming, what BS.
I have looked at the predictions and they range from 2-6 degrees over the next 50ish years years or more, so isn't 200% a huge margin of error? and IF they can't tell me what the weather will be like in a month how can they tell me what it will be like in a century?
----------------------
MY position is NOT that the temperature hasn't increased or that we aren't effecting it, it is that we don't know what effect we are having on it, we don't know if the increase is being caused natural (think medieval warming period) the public is largely in FEAR (disproportionately) (think Al gore) and frankly we really don't know.

IMO its not worth throwing billions of dollars to the wind (errr.. temperature of the wind?) with so many uncertainties and hype, when it could be WAY better spend trying to find cures for diseases, helping impoverished nations like Africa, or social security and national debt.
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 02:51 PM   #38
Bankai15
Nice Poster

Bankai15's Forum Picture

All political pepol are crooks and they are all 2 faced I dont support any at the moment

JACOB
Old December 2nd, 2006, 03:32 PM   #39
cmpcmp
Member++

Every single one of them? U don't really believe that do you?
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 05:12 PM   #40
Bankai15
Nice Poster

Bankai15's Forum Picture

Give me a example

JACOB