Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:25 PM   #21
Cicero
Banned

Cicero's Forum Picture

Name: Marcus Tullius Cicero
Default Re: Spanking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayquaza View Post
Wait, so if they were to punch their kid, it's okay since they're still using their hand?

The babysitter should not be laying a hand on you. That's not right and something must be done about it. As for your parents, well, there isn't really much you can do. Some call it abusive, and indeed it is seen like that by law, however, it's temporary pain that doesn't involve internal damage. At 13 though, I would have thought they would have stopped.
No. But we're talking about spanking. And to be honest, it doesn't hurt as bad when they spank with their hand. What my mom does is considered abuse. My mom has always spanked me with a belt or with a wooden spoon.
In general, state laws and state administrative regulations provide only general guidance as to whether corporal punishment (i.e. spanking) is prohibited in a given setting or as to certain persons. As yet, state laws do not tightly restrict a parent's ability to discipline their children by spanking. However, if the spanking is of a duration, means or force that is unreasonable under the circumstances, local child welfare agencies may define it as abusive according to their administrative regulations.

Many factors will be considered by child welfare agencies who are investigating allegations of abuse. The child's age, size and general health, and whether the child has developmental or other disabilities will be considered. Any time that the "punishment" leaves bruises, welts, scars or open wounds is cause for alarm. If an object is used for the spanking, its characteristics and type will be considered. Even if the "spanking" is done with an open hand, if it is done for an extended duration or repeatedly, or with such force that the child is left with marks, bruises or broken skin, the agency will likely be concerned and may reach conclude that the parent has abused the child.

A parent may find himself or herself on the defensive once the agency opens an investigation of alleged child abuse. The identity of the person who made the report to the agency will not be revealed, and the agency will likely interview the child, the parents, and other witnesses such as the reporting witness, teachers, day care providers and grandparents. A parent should, if possible, seek the representation of an attorney during this investigative process to help safeguard the parent's rights and to keep check on the agency's procedures.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:39 PM   #22
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
It's not considered abuse, especially since they're using their hand. Spanking is perfectly legal and they're allowed to until you're 18 years old. Then it would be considered assault.
Oh, really? didn't know that...

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:38 PM   #23
NTTHRASH

Name: Nick

SPANKING?!? ABUSIVE?!? You have to be fucking kidding me! My mom used to shove steel wool drenched with Ivory down my throat as punishment for speaking out of turn. Spanking was the punishment when I was two because she couldn't bring herself to smack me with rulers!
Old April 4th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #24
Aves
Music Fanatic

Aves's Forum Picture

Name: Con

Boy have times changed. No, spanking in my opinion is not abusive. If it's not leaving bruises and it's justified because you've done something that is wrong, then no it's not abuse. If they're just spanking you because they're bored and want to, then it's abuse.

Lexi Is The Bestest
Jo's my sexy nurse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
That's like oranges smushed into a coconut with a single pube sticking out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire_Flames View Post
you're like a Thai girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiros
Mhmm. RAINBOWS ARE MADE OF MAGIC.
MIKEY WAS HERE AND HE LOVES CON
Old April 4th, 2013, 02:23 AM   #25
Taurus

Taurus's Forum Picture

Name: Noah

The idea behind striking a child as a punishment is an old-fashioned idea that if the child is hurt enough, then the child will be afraid of repeating the initial offense because of the consequences. It is all about causing shock and trauma. Striking a child for punishment is a failed ideology which can, and likely will, cause mental/emotional problems later on in life.

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic73988_7.gif
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #26
thatguywhosaysEH

Name: Julian

I think its a bit old to spank

Feel free to add me on Skype, I'll chat with anyone
Old April 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #27
Hunter_Steel
Member+

Hunter_Steel's Forum Picture

Name: Erich Julius

I was spanked well up till I was 15. Using a belt, luckily not the buckle, and I always got a way with a red mark on my ass. But that was it. I was never spanked incredibly hard, and it not considered abuse. Some of the things I was spanked for, I NEVER did again. So it kinda works.

Eventually it gets out of hand, but sometimes it is needed. Hitting a child on the buttocks with a belt, your hand is not abuse as long as it never goes past a red mark. Blue welts or blood marks or bleeding after spanking is too much. And thats when it goes TOO far. But like, a pat on the ass to cause a few bells to go off is enough. I'll never spank my kids because I don't know my own strength and I will not want to hurt them.

So grounding them is efficient because it gives the essence of being in prison. Being locked in the house is like being locked in a cell, no phone, no video games, no T.V no computer no nothing for a few days to a month will be enough. Only Homework, School and Home. Das all.

~Hunter

I'm 17, Bi, Reformed Christian, mostly open minded and a friendly guy.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/9706/222uc.jpg
I am the Iron Wall. A man who's made of indestructible steel. Protecting those who I love from all danger, and preventing the advances of evil. I am the Iron Wall. An indestructible wall protecting the forces of good and stopping the forces of evil.
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #28
WTB1234
Junior Member+

It's abuse

15/straight/male

Interested in meeting and talking to new people. Kik: averageteen12
Old June 13th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #29
teen.jpg

teen.jpg's Forum Picture

Name: Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerkid View Post
I and my 10 yr old brother are still spanked bare bottom by mom dad and male babysiter with their hand. Is this considered abuse?
It's only abuse if they're hurting you.
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #30
KimuraWannabe116
Member+

KimuraWannabe116's Forum Picture

Name: Nicholas

In my opinion it isn't abuse if they are doing it with discipline, but if it is with anger or the intention to hurt you then yes, I consider that abuse. Now it seems a little odd that you are 13 and still being spanked. I was spanked up to the age of nine, but my dad never did it to get his anger out, or to hurt me. I think age nine should be the borderline for spankings, since at that time you start to become more active around peers and friends, your parents would ground you instead. As for the babysitter, I never heard a babysitter spank a 13 year old, especially since he is male and that you are at the stage (in my opinion) to be mature enough to be home by yourself, (Though this can vary of your maturity level). Are your parents strict? It sounds that your parents are strict or abusive. I do wish the best luck with this, since in my opinion, this should be stoped very soon.

17, USA, aspiring strongman competitor, metal head up to talk about whatever.

R.I.P Cousin Tim. 1985-2014.
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #31
pjones
VT Lover

pjones's Forum Picture

Name: paul

getting spanked on the bare bottom by a "male" babysitter? there would be no way i'd ever let that happen to me or my brother. we haven't been spanked in years, we must have learned our lessons. but my parents would never allow anyone male or female, family or not, give us a bare bottom spanking at any age. that just sounds really wrong
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #32
Seth.
Banned

Name: Seth セス

I also mainly have a problem with the babysitter pulling their pants down.
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #33
KrystalBear98

KrystalBear98's Forum Picture

Name: Krystal

I think that is abuse

Message me!!!
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #34
PinkFloyd
Steve Jobs' Bitch

PinkFloyd's Forum Picture

Name: Rob

If it makes you un-cofortable, tell them that it needs to stop.

"My mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." Fred Rogers
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #35
jayjay's toocool
Member++

jayjay's toocool's Forum Picture

Name: JayJay

no its not sorry
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #36
Jevon
Awesome Poster

Jevon's Forum Picture

Name: Jevon

Ummm no spanking is not abuse it's a good way to make kids respect their parents rules...however at this age i would consider it pointless...they should just start grounding you

18 bi love to talk about pretty much anything so hit me up anytime just pm me or whatever you want...and add me as friend and I have pics of me in my photo album.
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #37
CosmicNoodle
Resident Twat

CosmicNoodle's Forum Picture

Name: Joe

It is illegal to spank i child in britan but in am not sure about california
Besides that baby sitter has no right to touch your ass, next time he does simply tell him it is sexual assault and i fell he will soon stop
Old July 27th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #38
jayyy-lmao
Great Poster

jayyy-lmao's Forum Picture

Name: Jayson (Or Jay)

It's illegal where I live, and Rob said it was illegal in the US

Trans guy / PM if you want to talk. I'll try to help.
If you're looking for a sign to not kill yourself today, this is it.
Personal blog
^FOLLOW ME ^
The trans teen survival guide
Gender/LGBTQ+ blog
Old July 27th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #39
Bobbybobby99

I am very glad that I used to start laughing wildly when being spanked. I still have a bit of a masochistic streak, really, so it's to be expected. Though hand slaps were never enjoyable But yeah, if it's a normal thing for punishment I would consider it abuse. Even the hand slaps were gone by the time I was 4 years old, and I still consider them to be a sign of my fathers instability. I mean, if you stole your fathers car and slammed it into a tree I suppose mild physical punishment might be okay, but anything less severe is just the parent taking out personal aggresions out on a child.

The guy who is Suicidal and really hates life, but still joined a Forum, for some reason.
Old July 27th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #40
Lost in the Echo
Banned

Name: Bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTB1234 View Post
It's abuse
Please don't bump old threads. The bump limit is 2 months for this section.

Closed Thread