Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old July 8th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #81
Nellerin
Awesome Poster

Name: Seth
Default Re: Humans are Herbivores (They Should Not Eat Meat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professional Russian View Post
Dude he's smarter than us all.and we're stupid if we don't agree with him.
Nope, there is a difference between an opinion and something being fact. It is a fact that meat is not healthy, therefore you cannot think anything else without being stupid (just how the world works.) Just like someone would be stupid if they said the fact of evolution was not real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professional Russian View Post
He's always right that's all I'm gonna say
In this situation, yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical View Post
OK, HERE WE GO!

The sad thing is that you're wrong. No one has pointed this out, at least in my brief review of this thread.

Taken from the Wikipedia article on The China Study:

‘The authors conclude that people who eat a plant-based/vegan diet—avoiding animal products such as beef, pork, poultry, fish, eggs, cheese, and milk, and reducing their intake of processed foods and refined carbohydrates—will escape, reduce or reverse the development of chronic diseases. They also recommend adequate amounts of sunshine to maintain sufficient levels of vitamin D, and supplements of vitamin B12 in case of complete avoidance of animal products. They criticize low-carb diets, such as the Atkins diet, which include restrictions on the percentage of calories derived from complex carbohydrates.’

You see, there is a problem: 'They also recommend...supplements of vitamin B12 in case of complete avoidance of animal products.' Do you see the problem?

Taken from here:

‘The symptoms of vitamin B12-deficiency anaemia include:
feeling very tired
breathlessness even after little exercise
heart palpitations
headaches
a reduced appetite
a sore mouth and tongue.

If you have vitamin B12-deficiency anaemia, you may also look pale or jaundiced (have a yellowy tinge to your skin and the whites of your eyes).

As well as the symptoms of anaemia, vitamin B12-deficiency may cause symptoms related to your nerves. This is called vitamin B12 neuropathy. It may affect your movement and sensation, especially in your legs, cause numbness or pins and needles and decrease your sensitivity to touch, vibration or pain. It can also cause confusion, depression, poor concentration and forgetfulness.
These symptoms aren't always due to vitamin B12-deficiency anaemia, but if you have them see your GP.’

So without eating meat products, and without MODERN vitamin B12 supplements, we would be extremely unhealthy. So...how exactly does this support your vegetarian claim?

Just by the way, some links you might like:

I think Myth 10 is the one you'd like.

Here.

And this you'll love.

And your video is... It disabled comments (NO FREE SPEECH WARNING, I THINK PEOPLE CRITICISED THE VIDEO TOO HEAVILY, EH?) and has a huge number of dislikes. For a good YouTube video as it claims to be, it has a large proportion of dislikes.
Comments are enabled on all other versions of that video AND in the comments Q&A portion. Of course it has dislikes, MOST people eat meat and would hate the things he is saying.

And you have no understanding of B12 deficiency. As long as you eat Soy and fortified foods that have B12, you are fine. That is why most of the Vegans do not suffer from any issues due to lack of vitamins, and many of them do not need any supplements.

One of your links is from a .blogspot personal blog, since when is that worth looking at?

And the link you gave about myth 10 uses no worthwhile facts to back up their claim. The support for their claim is that we do not have multiple stomachs or chew their own cud, well Elephants and Gorillas (two largest herbivores) do not have multiple stomachs AND Gorilla's do not chew their cud as a regular part of their diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperf View Post
I never said that we are meant to be omnivores, I just corrected you. You said Carnivore, when I don't know you, but I've never met a human who only eats meat...

P.s no squirrels here.
What does carnivore have to do with anything? Not sure where you got that from my post about chasing an animal down.
Nellerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #82
Jasperf
Banned

Name: Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfsethfitz View Post

What does carnivore have to do with anything? Not sure where you got that from my post about chasing an animal down.
Totally read your first paragraph wrong, whoops
Jasperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #83
Nellerin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Totally read your first paragraph wrong, whoops
Haha ok.
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #84
Sugaree
Friend of the Devil

Sugaree's Forum Picture

Name: Matty

Quote:
Comments are enabled on all other versions of that video AND in the comments Q&A portion. Of course it has dislikes, MOST people eat meat and would hate the things he is saying.
Oh yes, you vegans are so oppressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter.Tomorrow View Post
Hello again VirtualTeen. you blackhole.

No tears to cry
No feelings left
This species has
Amused itself to death
Last.FM
Sugaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #85
Nellerin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisk View Post
Oh yes, you vegans are so oppressed.
Did I say that... nope
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #86
Sugaree
Friend of the Devil

Sugaree's Forum Picture

Quote:
Did I say that... nope
But you sure as hell act like it, you god damned hippie.

Quote:

No tears to cry
No feelings left
This species has
Amused itself to death
Last.FM
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #87
Nellerin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
But you sure as hell act like it, you god damned hippie.
How is that even remotely hippie-like. Caring about health is bad?

"Hippie - A person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair and wearing beads"

I have short hair, I wear regular clothes, and have never worn beads. You honestly do not even know what words mean...so sad.
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #88
Origami
Mafioso

Origami's Forum Picture

Name: Joshua 'Relyh' Hyler

Quote:

"Hippie - A person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair and wearing beads"

I have short hair, I wear regular clothes, and have never worn beads. You honestly do not even know what words mean...so sad.
If you weren't an arrogant lil' kid who thinks he has some God (or whatever) given right to preach like he's certified in everything under the sun then you'd realize words go beyond their definitions.

You'd realize words suit generalizations. And the generalization is that someone who doesn't eat meat is a "hippy." You're also anti-gun, another "hippy" generalization.

••• VT Convict 2011 • VT's Premiere Image Sig Maker •••

“Artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aves
Oh great, just what we need. Another text sig maker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
Okay. That's it. I give up. From this day forth, I cease all efforts to try educating people on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Origami always and will be the best signature creator.
val <3 <3
Origami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #89
Sugaree
Friend of the Devil

Sugaree's Forum Picture

Quote:

The dictionary doesn't help you in a debate, you clueless twat. Now either put up or shut up. This shit is getting old.

Quote:

No tears to cry
No feelings left
This species has
Amused itself to death
Last.FM
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #90
Nellerin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
If you weren't an arrogant lil' kid who thinks he has some God (or whatever) given write to preach like he's certified in everything under the sun then you'd realize words go beyond their definitions.

You'd realize words suit generalizations. And the generalization is that someone who doesn't eat meat is a "hippy." You're also anti-gun, another "hippy" generalization.
Then fine I am a hippy. What is wrong with that? Last time I checked the hippies in the 60's did the following:
  • Promote Peace
  • Promote Love
  • Expand their Consciousness

All of those things are good, and something you guys should do more of.

Quote:
The dictionary doesn't help you in a debate, you clueless twat. Now either put up or shut up. This shit is getting old.
If a dictionary does not help, then using the incorrect word surely does not.

Twat means Female Genitalia. And the only people currently using it as an insult simply are not of the intelligentsia or of any other mental high-class.
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #91
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

Can we try to stay halfway on topic here? You all know what this debate is supposed to be about. (hint: It isn't hippies)

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #92
Magical

Quote:

And you have no understanding of B12 deficiency. As long as you eat Soy and fortified foods that have B12, you are fine. That is why most of the Vegans do not suffer from any issues due to lack of vitamins, and many of them do not need any supplements.

One of your links is from a .blogspot personal blog, since when is that worth looking at?

And the link you gave about myth 10 uses no worthwhile facts to back up their claim. The support for their claim is that we do not have multiple stomachs or chew their own cud, well Elephants and Gorillas (two largest herbivores) do not have multiple stomachs AND Gorilla's do not chew their cud as a regular part of their diet.
OK, just because you infuriate me:

LOOK AT MYTH 2.

Alright? So how is this fortified food made? What did the B12 come from?

You can't dismiss analysis. You can't dismiss all that work - and in addition, I quotemine from the article so that you read it: 'In the long term, the consumption of, in particular, red and processed meats is linked to increased risk of cardiovascular disease, certain cancers, and diabetes.'.

Go on, read it.
Magical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #93
Origami
Mafioso

Origami's Forum Picture

Quote:
Then fine I am a hippy. What is wrong with that? Last time I checked the hippies in the 60's did the following:
  • Promote Peace
  • Promote Love
  • Expand their Consciousness

All of those things are good, and something you guys should do more of.
I'm not pro-war. I'm very loving and compassionate towards those around me. And I have a very deep conscious. But eating a dead animal that someone else killed bears no weight on my soul, kid.

Here you go acting like you know everyone again. Sheesh.

EDIT----

Woops. Steven says get on topic. So shall we?

“Artists use lies to tell the truth while politicians use them to cover the truth up.”

Quote:
Quote:
Okay. That's it. I give up. From this day forth, I cease all efforts to try educating people on this forum.
Quote:
val <3 <3
Old July 8th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #94
saea97
Member+

saea97's Forum Picture

Name: Samuel

Quote:
Caring about health is bad?
Don't be all high and mighty and pretend you give the slightest damn about our health. You're on some crusade to make everyone stop eating meat because you judge the treatment of animals to be unfair, you've already stated that. That may well be a noble cause, although your attitude robs you of any respect you may garner from people for it. And you are veeery welcome to take your chosen bits of scientific support and go and not eat meat. You are NOT welcome to dictate (and in such an unpleasant manner) that we must all not eat meat.

17, male, gay, loves to talk.
saea97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #95
Jasperf
Banned

Name: Jasper

Quote:
Haha ok.
Though I could debate your previous thread on you being against hunting, as here it's a necessity
Jasperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #96
Nellerin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical View Post
OK, just because you infuriate me:

LOOK AT MYTH 2.

Alright? So how is this fortified food made? What did the B12 come from?

You can't dismiss analysis. You can't dismiss all that work - and in addition, I quotemine from the article so that you read it: 'In the long term, the consumption of, in particular, red and processed meats is linked to increased risk of cardiovascular disease, certain cancers, and diabetes.'.

Go on, read it.
You sure do not understand what B12 is. B12 is only found in microbes that are generally in the soil and water. Well, polution and stripping the soil with overfarming has led to both animals AND plants having much less B12. Even meat-eaters are now supposed to take B12 supplements and so are vegans because plants used to have TWICE the amount of B12 in them especially with plants like Spinach.

"Vitamin B-12 is synthesized by single-celled microbes (bacteria) that live in the soils of the earth. And long ago when the earth and soils were healthy, before we put all sorts of chemicals on them, the surface of the earth was covered with vitamin B-12. There used to be lots of vitamin B-12 in our lives. Even if you were a pure vegetarian 300 years ago, you could open up the back door of your cottage and outside would be a beautiful organic garden. Every carrot you pulled out of the ground would have little particles of vitamin B-12 sticking to it. When it came time to get your water, you'd take a bucket of water out of the stream, and there too you would find vitamin B-12. There would be B-12 under your finger nails from working in the garden. There would be plenty of B-12 in your life, and since you needed so little of it, concerns about deficiency would not be an issue.

"We've become very isolated from the earth and we've lost our natural sources of B-12. Cows have B-12 in their muscles because they're eating grass all day and their pulling up clumps of dirt that have B-12 producing organisms clinging to the root of the grass. They eat the B-12 producing organisms who produce the B-12, which gets absorbed into their bloodstream, goes out into the muscles, and is deposited into their muscles and livers. But that is bacterial B-12 in the cow's muscle. The cow did not make it, nor did the pig or chicken. "

http://www.vegsource.com/klaper/optimum.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origami View Post
I'm not pro-war. I'm very loving and compassionate towards those around me. And I have a very deep conscious. But eating a dead animal that someone else killed bears no weight on my soul, kid.

Here you go acting like you know everyone again. Sheesh.

EDIT----

Woops. Steven says get on topic. So shall we?
There is a difference between eating something because you need to and letting something die (torture) without any actually justification. Some people (like you) are just stuck in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saea97 View Post
Don't be all high and mighty and pretend you give the slightest damn about our health. You're on some crusade to make everyone stop eating meat because you judge the treatment of animals to be unfair, you've already stated that. That may well be a noble cause, although your attitude robs you of any respect you may garner from people for it. And you are veeery welcome to take your chosen bits of scientific support and go and not eat meat. You are NOT welcome to dictate (and in such an unpleasant manner) that we must all not eat meat.
Simple, do not look at what I post then.

Quote:
Though I could debate your previous thread on you being against hunting, as here it's a necessity
Okay?

-please do not double post. -Emerald Dream

Last edited by azure moonstone; July 8th, 2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: double
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #97
TheMatrix
Retired G(M)od

TheMatrix's Forum Picture

Name: Thomas

You guys are making me so tired with all of this back-and-forth bickering.
Tiredness makes my infract-trigger finger twitch more than usual -- you have been warned.

Quote:
Are you that dumb that you bring up raping her like a cow? What does that have to do with anything.
Oh puhleeze, you're not even trying.
1/10

If you're after internetz swag, try jumping to a plausible conclusion based on the post, not just taking a sentence fragment and making an obviously false claim on that.

Quote:

0/10

To effectively troll, you must be more subtle. And try not to get the thread locked by straying off-topic

Signature by Jon 'n Mike
Formerly at your service as GD Moderator(2011-2012) and Global Moderator(2012-2014).
Quote:
Originally Posted by The chat, sometime in November 2011
4:22 PM [idkgay] what does infract men i mesan realy ppl use english
Quote:
You are so foolish and "OFF TOPIC" as you mods always like to jump at stuff about.
~Ron was here~
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #98
Nellerin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix View Post
You guys are making me so tired with all of this back-and-forth bickering.
Tiredness makes my infract-trigger finger twitch more than usual -- you have been warned.

Oh puhleeze, you're not even trying.
1/10

If you're after internetz swag, try jumping to a plausible conclusion based on the post, not just taking a sentence fragment and making an obviously false claim on that.

0/10

To effectively troll, you must be more subtle. And try not to get the thread locked by straying off-topic
I am not straying off topic, they did, not me. As to your other stuff, stop trying to talk like you are somehow cool and using incorrect wording and grammar with the intention of looking a certain way. You are so foolish and "OFF TOPIC" as you mods always like to jump at stuff about.
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #99
Origami
Mafioso

Origami's Forum Picture

Quote:
There is a difference between eating something because you need to and letting something die (torture) without any actually justification. Some people (like you) are just stuck in the past.
Am I stuck in the past? Aren't you the one who argued that we originally were herbivores? Maybe you should modernize your eating habits.

And I don't "let it die." I don't torture it. I walk into my store and find dead cow. So I eat it. I eat what is available to me that I enjoy. I do not slaughter and torture cows. I do not ask for them to have this done to them. I just eat the shit in the grocery store.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
val <3 <3
Old July 8th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #100
StoppingTime
Retired Administrator

StoppingTime's Forum Picture

Name: Steven

Quote:
You sure do not understand what B12 is. B12 is only found in microbes that are generally in the soil and water. Well, polution and stripping the soil with overfarming has led to both animals AND plants having much less B12. Even meat-eaters are now supposed to take B12 supplements and so are vegans because plants used to have TWICE the amount of B12 in them especially with plants like Spinach.

copy pasta wall
I like the part where you copy pasta'd all that, it really helped your point.

Quote:
Killing something humanely ≠ torture. End of. I'm not entirely sure how you could even compare the to.

I'm still not sure why you're even trying. Here's the thing: Humans, even in their early stages of existence, hunted. They hunted animals as well as plants - it was not one or the other (at least not for too long). So clearly there's an evolutional reason, hm? You can't deny facts by trying to shove some opinions of hippy "save the animals" 'professor' to prove your point. Just quoting random sources is meaningless.

Mikey was here

Elysium was here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlerchan
WILL HOUSING CRISIS CAUSED BY COMMIE HOMOSEXUALIST-ABORTIONIST MARXIST IMMIGRANTS AND WELFARE CHEATS FROM RACIST ANTI-BRITISH EU CAUSE TB RATE FROM VACCINES TO RISE?!
StoppingTime is offline   Reply With Quote